Battlefield 3 (PC) Page 4

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Derblington 4 Feb 2011 08:41:18 20,972 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    They would basically own a giant chunk of the PC shooter market and be damn near untouchable with it.

What makes you think we don't have that already?

People are going to be upset, you are correct, but not because the game isn't great; it's just the nature of fanboy expectation. It doesn't make any kind of financial sense to make a game for the smallest market, however hardcore they are, just to make them feel special. And why should you leave out two other platforms - plenty of ex-PC BF players have dropped out of the tech-race and picked up consoles for ease of use, and there are plenty of BC players that want to get involved in the next BF title.

Wait and see what it's actually like before you decide you've been hard done by.
  • frugtkompot 4 Feb 2011 08:43:19 2,818 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here's the video teaser leaked/found on some obscure website.

http://linkvalidator.net/warn.php?p=aHR0cDovL3JnaG9zdC5uZXQvNDE5ODI2Ng==
  • markyHD 4 Feb 2011 08:44:57 447 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep, i'm one of them. Played BF since 1942 on my PC, in fact all but that silly robot version. Even Modern Combat on my ps2. I stopped at BF2 on the PC, and everything since has been on PS3. Just love that big screen and 5.1 audio :D
  • frugtkompot 4 Feb 2011 08:46:37 2,818 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh, it was already posted.

I was one of them too. Played BF1942 relentlessly back in the day, but nowadays it's all console. I don't have the money, time nor interest in always staying on top of the PC-building race.
  • Pike 4 Feb 2011 08:49:40 13,431 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Meh!

Too much teasing and not enough trailer.

I'm still excited though.
  • coastal 4 Feb 2011 09:13:30 5,372 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PC building races have pretty much slowed to a crawl. My last build lasted about five years I think. And why people can't get use to the idea of a PC connected to a TV with 5.1 and a gamepad (if you really must in this case) is beyond me.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• markyHD 4 Feb 2011 09:16:10 447 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think DICE deserve the benefit of the doubt to deliver a great game. I mean, they've served me the best FPS multiplayer experiences for over a decade.

Yes, the games have changed over the years, but perhaps that's DICE wanting to pursue a new direction with a new franchise (i.e. BFBC1/2), as opposed to trying to capture the so-called 'COD market' or whatever.

Respawn/Treyarch/IW should be trying to aspire to DICE's level imho, not the other way around.
  • markyHD 4 Feb 2011 09:17:55 447 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    coastal wrote:
    PC building races have pretty much slowed to a crawl. My last build lasted about five years I think. And why people can't get use to the idea of a PC connected to a TV with 5.1 and a gamepad (if you really must in this case) is beyond me.

A 55" BSOD..............that would be like a portal straight into Bill Gate's dungeon. No thanks mate! :D
  • coastal 4 Feb 2011 09:19:48 5,372 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When did you last see a BSOD? Really.

• magicpanda 4 Feb 2011 09:22:42 13,008 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dice are in a different league altogether.

I just hope they learned from Bad Company 2 and give it proper time to iron out bugs before release.

I pre-ordered Bad Company 2 and basically couldn't play it properly for over 3 months after release which was sickening. That said I will still be buying on the PC, mainly for the community.
  • Whizzo 4 Feb 2011 09:32:34 42,760 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    64 players are back apparently! On PC at least, while I was never that impressed by playing Sarkand with that many players it does at least indicate that it can support properly big maps.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Mr-Brett 4 Feb 2011 09:35:52 12,676 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    coastal wrote:
    When did you last see a BSOD? Really.

Yesterday :)

Portable view - Never forget.

• Derblington 4 Feb 2011 09:39:19 20,972 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    coastal wrote:

Will it play Uncharted or Reach?

People want different experiences, and the consoles provide ease of use as well as a ton of variety. Some people just don't want a tower in the livingroom to play games on.
  • frugtkompot 4 Feb 2011 09:51:05 2,818 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't even want to think about how to present that idea to my girlfriend either.

She was upset enough, and still is, about me bringing a 12" subwoofer into the living room :o
  • Deleted user 4 February 2011 09:56:32
    Derblington wrote:
    coastal wrote:

Will it play Uncharted or Reach?

People want different experiences, and the consoles provide ease of use as well as a ton of variety. Some people just don't want a tower in the livingroom to play games on.

Its inability to play a console exclusive isn't relevant to the point that was being made and most PCs aren't that big compared to consoles and the various other electronic equipment people have in and around their TVs.
  • Derblington 4 Feb 2011 10:07:11 20,972 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Its inability to play a console exclusive isn't relevant to the point that was being made and most PCs aren't that big compared to consoles and the various other electronic equipment people have in and around their TVs.

Yes it is and yes they are. If people own a console already to play exclusives and anything else, why should they be left out from playing a game they want to just so the PC crowd can feel a bit special? There is absolutely zero reason this game should be PC only.
    I have never seen a cutting edge PC as small as my 360 or PS3. I work in a tech. focused company (duh!) with some hardcore PC guys (duh!) and they all have towers that are as big as a regular Dell.
  • Mr-Brett 4 Feb 2011 10:12:55 12,676 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well this might go some way toward shutting up those rabid-mouth-foaming PC fanboys joking!

PC 64-player confirmed

Portable view - Never forget.

• coastal 4 Feb 2011 10:19:46 5,372 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No one is saying that it should be PC exclusive. I don't know why you are banging that drum. Marky said he enjoyed a big screen & sound with his ps3 and I pointed out that you can do that with a PC. Both provide a pleasurable experience.

If you work in a 'tech focused' company you should be able to answer your own question why you haven't seen a zingy pc the size of your console. Though that is getting less and less true as time goes on.

Scrub that, 64 players! In your face consoles.

• Whizzo 4 Feb 2011 10:27:21 42,760 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jets! Prone! 64 players (on PC)! Battlefield is back.

Other details have emerged, according to GAF, are that explosions can knock you down and Paris, Tehran and New York will feature. So, assumption time, the factions will be those of BF2 (and expansions) rather than BC2 so US/EU vs China/MEC.

• BabyJesus 4 Feb 2011 10:30:30 4,412 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are jets on console too?(Doubtful :( )
  • mcmonkeyplc 4 Feb 2011 10:31:15 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Consolol.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 4 February 2011 10:32:19
    Bad Company is for consoles, now go away you gayers!
  • Derblington 4 Feb 2011 10:32:49 20,972 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :D
  • magicpanda 4 Feb 2011 10:33:09 13,008 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    32 player Rush makes my head spin sometimes, 64 player Rush will be absolutely insane.

Any news on Battle Commanders? Number of classes?

Come of Derbs throw a few bones :)

• Derblington 4 Feb 2011 10:35:13 20,972 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You wish!
  • Whizzo 4 Feb 2011 10:35:37 42,760 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Are jets on console too?(Doubtful :( )
    Only the 64 players are mentioned as a PC specific feature on the Battlefield Blog.

• roz123 4 Feb 2011 10:36:45 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just hope they have some levels designed with PC and 64 players in mind, maybe make them exclusive if they dont work with the limit on consoles. I recently got battlefield BC:2 on PC and its a fantastic game but you do notice its different to the older more larger and vehicle based battlefields.
  • frugtkompot 4 Feb 2011 10:37:50 2,818 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm a little worried about the 64-player reveal.

As a console player, I assume the maps are designed with 64 players in mind - so how empty will they appear, if it's 24 or even 32-player on consoles?
  • magicpanda 4 Feb 2011 10:42:15 13,008 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahh Conquest will be a worthy game mode once again! It don't think that it works that well in the Bad Company series.
  • Res 4 Feb 2011 10:44:36 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    frugtkompot wrote:
    I'm a little worried about the 64-player reveal.

As a console player, I assume the maps are designed with 64 players in mind - so how empty will they appear, if it's 24 or even 32-player on consoles?

Battlefield 2 used to adjust the playing area based on the number of players in a server.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last