Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oh fuck can someone move this to the ps3 section plz
  • chasejamie 28 Jul 2010 23:44:58 815 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm also intrigued by this.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2010 23:51:38
    I can't think of the last console football management game that wasn't terrible, even those that were supposed to be good were incredibly lightweight and after around 1 season every game finished 6 or 7 nil.

The odds of this being worth more than an hour or two of your time are slim.
  • LionheartDJH 29 Jul 2010 00:23:38 19,398 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure what this PSN version is about but Premier Manager is generally considered to be the worse of the football management titles that come out every year on PC. It's no wonder it comes out at around 15, and you can usually buy it for about a fiver a couple of months down the line. It's pretty shallow, and is certainly not a patch on FM.

She dives for cheese pasties

• chasejamie 29 Jul 2010 00:34:25 815 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But for a manager game on the PS3 there isn't much else. LMA manager would work well as a download only game.

• LionheartDJH 29 Jul 2010 02:21:58 19,398 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah that's true cj, I guess if you don't have a PC and your PS3 is your only option then it might do the job for you, definitely better than nothing. Agree that reviving LMA as an XBLA/PSN game might work aswell. Always used to like playing it on the PS1/2, think I had every version from 2004 onwards. Had the right amount of detail for a console game, and always had the slick and easy to navigate menus. Shame really that all the developers stopped making console manager games, but I guess with even the most basic laptops and PC's being able to run games like FM then there's not much of a market for full priced management sims on the consoles. Think SI mentioned that sales of FM on 360 weren't particularly great and that's one of the reasons they stopped making them.

• Harmonica 29 Jul 2010 07:04:09 966 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah there's a limited market for footy sims on consoles, unsurprisingly. The closest we will ever get in the foreseeable future is if EA finally port FIFA MAN as some kind of standalone using the FIFA engine.

The other reason I think is because SI felt they couldn't properly adapt the (admittedly windows-centric) interface to consoles, and they always feel like that means they give up features.

I would love for some indie developer genius to do a decent smaller scale footie sim (say, just the premiership or english leagues).
  • LionheartDJH 29 Jul 2010 14:27:40 19,398 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah that's true they did make a point of the fact that they were never truely happy with the interface on the consoles. I played all 3 versions myself, and I didn't find it too bad, but then again I knew the PC version and it did still take me a little while to get used to it. Can imagine somebody relatively new to the game would have struggled a lot getting to grips with navigating the menus. The experience was also stripped down aswell due to the lack of any PC modding which some find to be a key part of the computer based version for some people. Downloading the official strips, badges and player photos along with database editing and updating just wasn't possible on the console versions.

That would be quite cool though. A simple little manager game with enough features and players to give it some depth, but not overload would be pretty good if they could get it on XBLA and PSN. I think this Premier Manager might be along those lines actually, but I unfortunately don't have a PS3, so I can't check.

• flammablepiss 1 Aug 2010 18:19:28 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I downloaded the game and I really like it. Admittedly its not any FM but for the price i'd say its worth looking at.
    Navigating the menus will take a bit of getting used to and the game feels a bit patchy sometimes.. for instants some players are in wrong positions and the search function doesnt allow you to narrow down so many filters.
    But saying that I am really enjoying it and there is promises of additional leagues and patches coming out.

As for LMA Manager... I am currently running a petition to bring it back !!! Please feel free to sign and write suggesions for the game :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/LMA/petition.html
  • chasejamie 1 Aug 2010 19:28:12 815 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's bloody hard to find a copy of the LMA that came out on the 360.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next