The Boardwalk Empire: HBO mafia drama Page 12

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• Syrette 25 Sep 2013 19:28:07 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Good episode, enjoyed it.

That chap who confronted Gillian at the cafe, it was his friend who Gillian injected then drowned in the bath right? To try and pass off as Jimmy's body. I wonder if that will be that or whether that chap will reappear.
    That's right yeah. Her murdering him was shown in the montage they do at the start of every episode.

• localnotail 2 Oct 2013 23:28:07 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Felt like a lot moved forward in that episode. Poor old Van Alden. Fun watching the Capones larking about doing the collections for that fat bloke.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• sirtacos 5 Oct 2013 03:21:58 7,205 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Richard reminds me of Eeyore for some reason. It made me sad to see him fumble through that killing. I can't really figure him out as a character anymore. He's too damaged and I know it won't end well.
  • localnotail 5 Oct 2013 14:46:28 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's kind of broken bad, I guess. Still has a righteous core of religion constantly reminding him that he has sinned mightily and broken the law, the two pillars of belief that he upheld so ferociously for so long.

And yet, he remains unpunished. He has acquired a sexually available wife and his own children, something he always wanted so desperately. He has the opportunity to make more money that he would even have done at the Bureau, and he can get it through channelling his anger in violence - something that seems to give him a great release.

Everything he's ever known tells him that he should be in torment. And yet... it's almost as if he is being rewarded. He can't let himself believe that though. That's not the Puritan way. That's not the Prohibition way.

• Bananazniper 6 Oct 2013 02:24:23 438 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thought it was a great episode this week. The tension between Nucky and Rothstein you could cut with a knife. Then Lansky steps up to the plate. This show is like a fine wine and a treat, it just gets better the longer it goes on. It's pure class and has just been renewed for a fifth season :)
  • neilka 7 Oct 2013 20:20:51 14,938 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ;_;
  • L0cky 7 Oct 2013 21:05:06 1,442 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :(
  • Scurrminator Moderator 7 Oct 2013 21:27:53 8,284 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's okay. He was on the first floor! Saw all that coming a mile off actually

Edited by Scurrminator at 21:32:48 07-10-2013

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Syrette 7 Oct 2013 23:24:15 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The amount of "oh, shiiit" moments already this season is unreal.

Also loved this look Frank Capone gave Van Alden just before he got shot:

• neilka 7 Oct 2013 23:32:11 14,938 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    It's okay. He was on the first floor! Saw all that coming a mile off actually
    From the moment he had his "dramatic" moment with Agent Knox it was clearly curtains for him. Still though... :(
  • localnotail 8 Oct 2013 00:15:32 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Van Alden still disgusted with everyone around him including himself, so close to a tiny redemption, now sucked (snorted) even closer into the wake of the Capones. Frank was far too charasmatic to stick around, poor bastard.

The stuff with Nucky's nephew - cold. Not sure how he can stay at that school any longer. Either the other kids will work it out or he'll be unable to deal with the price of freedom.

Gillian's spiral is bottoming out. I hope. Not sure she has much further down to go. I wonder if she will tell her new bloke about Jimmy & the hotel room?

Edited by localnotail at 00:17:37 08-10-2013

• L0cky 8 Oct 2013 00:37:21 1,442 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

You best go easy now little bo, I like my lambs keep comin home.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 8 Oct 2013 00:58:15 8,284 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Syrette I liked how they worked van Alden into that 'moment from history'. There are conflicting reports over whether frank drew his pistol and it was neat that they came up with this reason for it!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Sir_Walter_Rally 9 Oct 2013 09:41:43 507 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Fucking Eddie.

On the plus side, looks like George will be Al's right-hand man now?

Apaches!
  • localnotail 14 Oct 2013 22:39:08 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sometimes this reminds me of turn-based RPGs. So many characters to move, can't fit all their progression into one episode.

Stand-up sexy episode this week. I like what passes for foreplay in Florida.

Oh Chalkey, what you gone done now?

• Syrette 16 Oct 2013 21:01:15 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Least favourite episode of the season that. Not enough going on, seemed like too much of a scene-setter, not keen on the idea of Chalky fucking around with that woman (one second she wants to leave, the next she's at it against a wall, 5 minutes after Nucky and that woman have done the same in Tampa?)..

Nothing in that ep for the end of season highlight reel.

6/10

• Sir_Walter_Rally 17 Oct 2013 10:11:25 507 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    That bartender lamping nucky was good... that's what you call a woman! :lol:
  • Syrette 30 Oct 2013 02:28:43 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow, what an episode. And that's without the mobsters and Harrow. Every scene with Eli from now is going to be intense.

Edited by Syrette at 02:44:52 30-10-2013

• PearOfAnguish 4 Nov 2013 13:40:28 6,978 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've not been paying attention and am confused - who is the woman looking after the drug-addicted prostitute lady's grandson, currently in court fighting for custody?
  • localnotail 4 Nov 2013 14:43:36 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    She is Richard Harrow's ladyfriend. The one with the (ex-?)alcoholic ex-serviceman dad who was lost in grief over his dead son. He took the kid to her when he'd finished killing everyone.

• Syrette 4 Nov 2013 23:40:41 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Roy is so shady. Wonder what he really wants.

• localnotail 5 Nov 2013 13:48:45 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I did wonder if he could possibly be as good as he seemed when he first appeared. Gillian just doesn't have any luck, does she?

Nice to see Van Alden hulking out again.

• Sir_Walter_Rally 12 Nov 2013 13:01:30 507 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Awesome episode. Has to be the most action-packed one ever!

Good to see Van Alden accepted, now he will be even more so for saving Al - was that butchy's men who machine-gunned the place? (can't remember his non-sopranos name)

Did Nucky really try kill Chalky, just like that? What does that mayor guy have to do with it? (the one Eli's son overheard) something to do with Narcisse?!

Must pay attention!
  • Trane 14 Nov 2013 23:11:24 4,049 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, Nukcy didn't try to kill Chalky - Narcisse did (he's turned the mayor basically so as soon as Nucky called the mayor to sort safe passage for Chalky - the mayor passed on that information)

And with regard to Butch - has to be his men IMO. I expect Al to kill him now, his men will just fall into line then, and Al will be number 1 in Chicago.

Great episode, building nicely towards season's end.
  • localnotail 14 Nov 2013 23:20:34 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That scene with Chalky's daughter and Narcisse was pretty chilling.

I wonder if all Knox's efforts will come to nowt because Hoover is so threatened by him?

• Syrette 19 Nov 2013 14:53:50 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Woah, things are really set up nicely for next week's finale.

How did Narcisse's men know where to look though?

edit; the finale trailer I saw on the end of the ep gave away a lot though:

Chalky confronts Nucky and puts a gun to his head

Knox and the feds interrupt the meeting, Eli apparently betrays him, clip of Eli with a gun to his head and a clip of Eli on his knees apparently waiting to be shot.

Something frustrates Narcisse.

Harrow defends Nucky.

Nucky loads a pistol for some reason.

Nucky contronts Narcisse.

Nucky gets arrested

Gunfight at Nucky's beachhouse.

Gunfight at The Onyx Club

Torrio gets confronted (killed?).

Harrow takes his fiancee/her dad and Tommy to live with his sister.

Edited by Syrette at 15:04:21 19-11-2013

• localnotail 19 Nov 2013 15:03:42 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That guy who was playing chequers who left, I reckon.

Oh Gillian :( You are royally screwed now. He had to be too good to be true, you are destined never to catch a break. Although you do kinda deserve what you've got, you self-centred little murderess.

Does Nucky know who his skunk is?

• Syrette 19 Nov 2013 15:09:07 41,792 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @localnotail

I think he thinks it's Sally, hence the last two words of this ep ("I'm out").

• localnotail 19 Nov 2013 15:17:37 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You think? You don't think that he's twigged it is his brother after his baby-faced insurance man outburst?
    I was wondering if he was saying that to her because he just wants to retire and have rough drunk sex in a sticky climate until the end of his days.

I'm not reading your spoilers. I had to stick my fingers in my ear and sing while trying to avoid seeing the next-week spoilers.

Edited by localnotail at 15:18:25 19-11-2013

• Baihu1983 25 Nov 2013 10:15:55 2,833 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dah fuck?

you do not kill off Harrow!
  • Page

of 14 First / Last