Street Fighter X Tekken

  • Page

    of 24 First / Last

    Previous
  • INSOMANiAC 24 Jul 2010 20:51:27 3,842 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems like a strange crossover, apparently will be using the 2d SFIV style, begging the question, is it really Tekken ?

    Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

  • Onny 24 Jul 2010 20:53:51 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh is this the official thread now? I guess "Capcom vs Namco vs Capcom" isn't quite correct. :)

    My prediction; 2012 release. Next year is all MvC3.
  • Pastici 24 Jul 2010 20:59:34 450 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently there is also Tekken X Street Fighter according to the Capcom twitter feed.
  • Pirotic Moderator 24 Jul 2010 20:59:59 20,647 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    does... not... compute...

    Tekken, VF and SF are all so radically different, it's pretty easy to get random Capcom and Namco characters and have them fighting it out in a generic fashion, but to introduce the characters into each others games styles is just silly - I don't want shitty tekken characters in my street fighter games. The franchise has been in a nose-dive for years. And I can't see how the fuck they are going to work projectile attacks into the Tekken franchise.
  • DFawkes 24 Jul 2010 21:02:25 24,047 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish whoever has to do the character balancing in that game all the luck in the world. They'll need it.

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Pirotic Moderator 24 Jul 2010 21:10:16 20,647 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just seen the SFIV style 'Jin' on the capcom assets site. Urg, so wrong. Must be very early in development as it's clearly the current SFIV engine (same icons etc).

    I'm guessing Namco are going to go for a more realistic approach with it's take on it.
  • iWolf 24 Jul 2010 21:32:09 14 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Just seen the SFIV style 'Jin' on the capcom assets site. Urg, so wrong. Must be very early in development as it's clearly the current SFIV engine (same icons etc).

    I'm guessing Namco are going to go for a more realistic approach with it's take on it.

    Do you have link to that site Pirotic?
  • Pastici 24 Jul 2010 21:37:02 450 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=151717&post_key=179779#prevnext

    Looks like a re-skinned Ryu.
  • yupyup 24 Jul 2010 21:37:23 3,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Street fighter sucks

    Hands Off Our Penises

  • bef 24 Jul 2010 21:46:44 1,642 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is a bit weird. It makes sense that both developers create their own version of the game, this way making it easy for fans of both series to enjoy characters from another universe in a fighting style that is known to them. But, I was hoping on a new game with a new engine slash fighting system where the characters of these two ip's would meet...
  • Pastici 24 Jul 2010 21:48:32 450 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/07/24/announcing_street_fighter_x_tekken

    More stuff on the Capcom site, with trailer.
  • Onny 24 Jul 2010 21:59:53 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    does... not... compute...

    Tekken, VF and SF are all so radically different, it's pretty easy to get random Capcom and Namco characters and have them fighting it out in a generic fashion, but to introduce the characters into each others games styles is just silly - I don't want shitty tekken characters in my street fighter games. The franchise has been in a nose-dive for years. And I can't see how the fuck they are going to work projectile attacks into the Tekken franchise.

    Edited by Pirotic at 21:02:35 24-07-2010

    They are not so hugely different that it wouldn't work with a few tweaks. It will be interesting to see how the moveslist for the tekken characters will be culled, as they have approx 100 more moves each than the streetfighters.

    I am actually really glad that this is going to be a "serious" fighter instead of another entry into the Versus series - I guess that's why it's street fighter "x" tekken. :-)

    Also, that's kazuya in the pictures, not Jin.
  • nickthegun 24 Jul 2010 22:10:40 61,284 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i dont think I explained it very well the other day but..... its probably going to be easier to import tekken chars into street fighter than the other way around because, if you think about it, most tekken characters have a couple of moves that you would probably consider 'special moves' (mishima uppercuts, ravens vanishing stuff, kings knuckle, that kind of thing) and the rest of the moves are essentially target combos (i know thats not quite true).

    So........... I imagine that what they are going to do is identify 3ish 'special' signature moves for each character and then either give them a few target combos or something like that.

    Aaaaaanyway...... the way I figure it is that each tekken character has enough signature moves to make a special move out of.

    And kings ultra will be all the parts of his super throw.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Slurmseh 24 Jul 2010 22:31:40 2,356 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it looks pretty cool tbh
  • Pirotic Moderator 24 Jul 2010 22:33:47 20,647 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Onny wrote:

    Also, that's kazuya in the pictures, not Jin.

    I didn't post any pictures :p

    They've released 3 press pictures, one of which is definitely jin, other is a lass I'm not familiar with since I stopped playing at Tekken 3. Not convinced, Capcom did such a good job with the SFIV additions it seems like a step backwards putting in your generic stereotypes again. Bob vs Rufus, Law vs Fei Long etc. I suppose they are going to cull the most obvious clones out of it hopefully.
  • Nozzinja 24 Jul 2010 22:53:12 205 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Bob vs Rufus, Law vs Fei Long etc. I suppose they are going to cull the most obvious clones out of it hopefully.

    Personally i think those match-ups you mentioned would be AWESOME.

  • Machetazo 24 Jul 2010 23:11:43 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pastici wrote:
    Apparently there is also Tekken X Street Fighter according to the Capcom twitter feed.
    I'm most excited about this, but I'm very much looking forward to the other game being realised, too. The new pics for SF X T and the video they've released make it look really good, especially the Tag Battling! \o/ Be sure to check out Megaman's guest appearance in the first trailer! :D
  • Deleted user 24 July 2010 23:45:52
    I can't wait for this, I'm a massive Tekken fan.
  • coderkind 25 Jul 2010 00:04:13 983 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Much more interested in the Capcom version than the Namco one, but great news any way you look at it.
  • INSOMANiAC 25 Jul 2010 00:07:30 3,842 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    IT actually looks pretty damn good,

    Gameplay footage http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596

    Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

  • senso-ji 25 Jul 2010 00:19:57 6,041 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's weird - not long after SFIV was released, there was an interview with Ono saying that it was very had to convince the bosses at Capcom to create new fighting games, yet now there seem to be too many to keep up with.
  • P.I.Staker 25 Jul 2010 00:37:49 450 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How can these two be combined, Tekken is a complete juggle fest, totally opposite fighting games combining........ We will see.
  • Tuffty 25 Jul 2010 01:39:39 1,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:And I can't see how the fuck they are going to work projectile attacks into the Tekken franchise.

    That's been my first thought about it as well, but if they can get Cody to throw rocks as a projectile then surely they can get someone like Yoshimitsu to throw shurikens or something? Maybe they'll just slap on a couple of projectile attacks in there for balance. Otherwise they can go without it, you've got characters in SF like Zangief or Cammy who don't have any projectile attacks and can do well against the likes of Ryu or Chun-Li in the right player's hands.

    Personally I want to see a fight between Gulie or Paul for the best haircut
  • MiniAmin 25 Jul 2010 02:34:00 3,497 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks incredible.
  • MiniAmin 25 Jul 2010 02:36:48 3,497 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it looks like it'll be a pair of games:

    http://play.tm/news/31145/two-street-fighter-tekken-crossovers-revealed/
  • Raiko101 25 Jul 2010 03:20:49 6,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is the sort of games only the most hardcore nut would dream of, except its actually real lol. The only two fighting games i've ever played and enjoyed were Street Fighter II Turbo and Tekken 2. I might look into getting one of these two new ones though.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • King_Edward 25 Jul 2010 08:47:48 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:And I can't see how the fuck they are going to work projectile attacks into the Tekken franchise.
    That's been my first thought about it as well, but if they can get Cody to throw rocks as a projectile then surely they can get someone like Yoshimitsu to throw shurikens or something? Maybe they'll just slap on a couple of projectile attacks in there for balance. Otherwise they can go without it, you've got characters in SF like Zangief or Cammy who don't have any projectile attacks and can do well against the likes of Ryu or Chun-Li in the right player's hands.

    Personally I want to see a fight between Gulie or Paul for the best haircut
    There's already a few Tekken characters with projectile attacks. True Ogre could breath fire and Devil Jin/Kazuya shoot lazers.
  • Slurmseh 25 Jul 2010 09:51:26 2,356 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    IT actually looks pretty damn good,

    Gameplay footage http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596

    So it's basically just SF4 with new characters then.
    New system mechanics as well. Tech rolls, tags etc.
  • Page

    of 24 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply