Hitman: Absolution Page 4

  • Page

    of 43 First / Last

  • Tremendosaurus 17 Mar 2011 12:09:32 1,197 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well apparently it says in one part "Gameplay: the player deals with two guards outside of the [obscured].
  • king26 17 Mar 2011 12:13:43 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From the looks of 5 I think I'd rather a HD remake of the PS2/XBOX trilogy
  • Tremendosaurus 17 Mar 2011 15:04:19 1,197 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    king26 wrote:
    From the looks of 5 I think I'd rather a HD remake of the PS2/XBOX trilogy

    There are no "looks" of 5 yet, so how can you say that? There have only been rumours about it, no hard facts.

    That said an HD remake of the original would be nice, but Bloodmoney still looks good and performs well on modern systems, so no need to remake that; and the others were fairly forgettable imo.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2011 21:13:02
    Game is getting revealed on the June 5th according to the Hitman forums. First screenshot there as well, its cgi though.
  • King_Edward 19 Mar 2011 21:29:37 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd be excited if IO hadn't spent the last 5 years making nothing but rubbish. Please, please, please don't fuck this up.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2011 22:10:39
    Ive got the same feeling, if there is multiplayer in this or a cover system ill scream.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2011 23:15:24
    Hindle wrote:
    Ive got the same feeling, if there is multiplayer in this or a cover system ill scream.

    I don't know about a cover system: that might be pretty cool, but yeah, if multiplayer is in there I'll be pissed off.
  • the_dudefather 19 Mar 2011 23:34:44 9,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    there should be a bingo sheet of 'things that shouldn't be shoehorned into Hitman 5'

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Rauha 19 Mar 2011 23:38:03 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    2 player co-op. Competitive multiplayer. Cover system. Kane&Lolynch engine.

    Edit: Agent 47 grows hair, owns a strip club and is an ex-marine.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2011 23:39:26
    They should make a HD Hitman collection for PS3. Hitman 2 and Blood Money were the best in the series.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2011 23:41:25
    Rauha wrote:
    2 player co-op. Competitive multiplayer. Cover system. Kane&Lolynch engine.

    Edit: Agent 47 grows hair, owns a strip club and is an ex-marine.

    Nooooooooooooooooooo. :D
  • King_Edward 20 Mar 2011 08:56:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rauha wrote:

    Edit: Agent 47 grows hair, owns a strip club and is an ex-marine.
    I'd buy that. :p

    I wouldn't be against multiplayer or co-op modes either. They can offer as many bells and whistles as they feel like as long as they don't mess up what makes Hitman good.

    - Give me someone to kill.
    - Give me a million ways to do it.
    - Never force me into a shootout.
  • CosmicFuzz 20 Mar 2011 10:20:59 24,327 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Co-op could be interesting, working together to set up traps to kill the target that wouldn't be possible by yourself.

    Multiplayer: 4 assassins all trying to hunt down the same target?

    I agree though, they've not done anything special since BM, hope this will be good.

    We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 10:28:02
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Also, I LOVED Hitman 2 on my Cube. Amazing game, played it for hours. However - it had too many levels and some very odd and unpredictable (in an unfair way) AI/triggers, IIRC. Still fantastic. The Japanese Castle level was a particular highlight. SA on that was awesome.
    You do know that Hitman 2 on the gamecube was toned down...Alot right ?
  • CosmicFuzz 20 Mar 2011 11:22:53 24,327 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I had it on the Cube too. They cut out the level where you kill people inside a mosque, didn't they? Not sure what else they did.

    We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 11:36:26
    I loved hitman 2, never played Blood Money, I would pay the 15 to download it from xbox marketplace, but they have this fucked up issue with PAL60 which means I have to go through some god awful fuck around to make the game load. I feel out of the loop with the series now, and hitman 5 will probably be ruined anyway as we all suspect.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 13:10:29
    Id rather they wait to do multiplayer tbh. They need to prove they can make a decent game again and trying to do multi would just complicate things.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 13:16:10
    How is a cover system a bad thing for a game like this? If anything it's one of the best types of game for it.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 13:17:59
    I think people don't want a splinter-cell / GoW style cover, because that is mainly a lean towards a more shooty type expereince and we dont want it. But something like Metal Gear Solid or Tenchu where you lean against walls, that's not bad, then again I can't remember if that already exists.
  • dsmx 20 Mar 2011 13:19:07 7,603 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Because if you play the game properly you should never need cover.

    "If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 13:20:25
    ploop wrote:
    But something like Metal Gear Solid or Tenchu where you lean against walls, that's not bad, then again I can't remember if that already exists.

    It does.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 13:22:36
    dsmx wrote:
    Because if you play the game properly you should never need cover.

    Exactly. The Hitman games are basically puzzle games at thier core.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 13:22:56
    You know a hitman would use a sniper rifle or a silenced pistol, not situations where he would be having a shoot out and require a cover system. THey may put one in for those who like to play that way.. But focusing on stuff for those people is the road to destruction
  • convercide 20 Mar 2011 13:30:52 6,024 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, imagine less Hitman: Blood Money and more Hitman: Blood on the Sand. Agent 47 has had his diamond encrusted skull stolen AND WANTS IT BACK.

    I agree, no mass gunfights. Hitman needs some level of patience and skill to play properly.

    If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

  • King_Edward 20 Mar 2011 13:38:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A cover system wouldn't be a bad thing. If it was used for staying out of sight rather than for hiding from bullets. Maybe make it like the first MGS, so you can press against walls but you can't lean and fire.
  • dsmx 20 Mar 2011 13:48:50 7,603 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But it doesn't add anything, there's never been any situation in any other hitman game where I've felt I've needed a cover system. All it tells me is the people in charge of the game don't understand what made the hitman games work and are basically trying to make yet another shooter.

    "If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

  • WoodenSpoon 20 Mar 2011 14:44:26 12,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The whole point of Hitman is that you can approach situations however you want.

    Sometimes it's fun to have a big shootout. Without a cover system, though, they have to make your character a bullet sponge, which is stupid.

    A cover system would be great, as long as they didn't design the levels so that you were expected to get seen and have a shootout.
  • dsmx 20 Mar 2011 15:15:25 7,603 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hitman is essentially a puzzle game and not a cover shooter. If the devs understood that then they wouldn't bother putting in a cover system as it has no place in a hitman game, the only reason you would put it in is if a bunch of suits turned up and said we want this game to be more action orientated, totally missing the point of what made the hitman series what it is.

    "If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

  • skurk 20 Mar 2011 15:24:22 109 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just because previous games didn't have mechanic X doesn't mean it isn't justified alongside other mechanics.
    What if it did in fact have a cover system, and at the same time embraced additional stealth measures?
  • skurk 20 Mar 2011 15:37:18 109 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also - being able to hide in cover sounds like a pretty good addition to a stealth game to me.
  • Page

    of 43 First / Last

Log in or register to reply