Hitman: Absolution Page 25

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 14:07:23 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodriguez

Well I guess it isn't a focus for this Hitman game. I remember it being quite a thing in Blood Money. A pity, but not the end of the world. I'm sure someone will pull it off.

Sorry, I meant how are you finding the disguise system in regards to how easily you are spotted. You answered the question anyway! :)

I forgot about using things around you to blend in. I must use cover more, but it just isn't as satisfying as hiding in plain site via a disguise. I think I need to plan further ahead and choose my disguise more wisely. I'm sure on my 2nd play through will be better when I know the map.

I really dislike the scoring being in the top. I know I shouldn't but I have restarted when spotted in a restricted area as you lose 1500 (?) points. I must just crack on and worry about scores later.

Looking at the challenges for each stage suggests that those without say, a "make it look like an accident" challenge makes me think that such a kill isn't possible, whereas in Blood Money (stuck record, I know), I'm sure it was always one of many options.

Sorry if I sound like I'm hating the game... I'm not. I just hope there are more traditional levels to come (just like China Town) where the number of ways to kill the target is celebrated. I just really don't like the escape ones!
  • fletch7100 22 Nov 2012 15:48:44 6,980 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sequel will be sooner than expected

From C&VG
    The next Hitman game, which is being developed not by series creator IO Interactive but by Square Enix Montreal, looks set to offer a "fresh perspective" on Agent 47.

Established this year, Square Enix Montreal has been tasked with building "AAA games for tomorrow's audiences", with its first project "a new premium quality game" in the Hitman franchise.

IO's Tore Blystad, director of the just launched Hitman Absolution, told OPM of the new dual Hitman studio set-up: "It's like with Treyarch and Infinity Ward. You have an IP that has been developed. They will feed off each other, as well as [have] some things that stand out.

"I think with these big franchises it takes a long time to develop just one game. If you can, work a little bit in parallel at least and help each other out.

"We've been talking about these similarities to some of the big movie franchises like Aliens, where everyone's doing it their own way," he added. "Every time someone gets their hands on a franchise they do something different. So rather than doing the same thing again you get another take on the character from a fresh perspective".

Blystad also said that some of the key developers working on the new Hitman game moved from IO to Square Enix Montreal, "so it's not like it's in completely new hands".
  • WoodenSpoon 22 Nov 2012 16:56:00 12,279 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What difficulty level are people playing on?

The disguises seem almost useless on professional difficulty, I find myself hiding constantly.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Nov 2012 18:32:13 37,364 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• WoodenSpoon 22 Nov 2012 19:03:08 12,279 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After playing a bit more it seems like they've made a Spinter Cell game :/

Is anyone finished yet? Good level:bad level ratio?
  • Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 19:45:58 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are the upgrades (instinct etc) unlocked in campaign for campaign or contracts?

I'm getting used to the disguises and instinct system. Breezed through the library.

I still don't like how I lose points for creative kills. I'm pretty much encouraged to drop a chandelier on someones head and when I do it my score nose dives right at the end of the stage.
  • Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 19:50:42 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This whole "Run for your life" section should've been left out imo. I'm dreading doing it again, especially to mop up challenges.

I hope it's just a blip and I can get back to performing hits.
  • spamdangled 22 Nov 2012 20:04:52 27,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really don't see where the splinter cell comparisons are coming from. It's nothing like splinter cell at all.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• WoodenSpoon 22 Nov 2012 21:44:00 12,279 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I really don't see where the splinter cell comparisons are coming from. It's nothing like splinter cell at all.
    I can't comment on the latest Splinter Cell because I never played it; I feel like I'm playing a Splinter Cell from about 7 years ago. You have to crouch-sneak around everywhere, stab up guards to get them out of the way instead of walking past in the proper disguise, and missions are about "small scale" infiltrating rather than planning a strategy. It seems to have become a stealth game instead of a violent puzzle game.

I kind of wish they'd just made some old Hitman levels with a modern sheen - they got away with that in Contracts, and now they actually appear to have an engine which could justify their rehashing of the old stuff.
  • spamdangled 22 Nov 2012 21:48:34 27,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Weird, I remember sneaking arocund everywhere in previous games too. And using a lot of disuises (though you can complete every level without using any disguises and remaining undetected in this one too).

Also, you can still complete every level without killing anyone except your target, every leel is still a giant puzzle, and you can indeed plan a strategy.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Rusty_M 22 Nov 2012 22:05:59 4,579 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The more I play this, the more I like it. The first night, I stopped playing after "run for your life" The levels improve after that. I have to admit, I liked the very final section of RFYL.

I just got a silent assassin rating on a level. In the first section, I simply splinter celled my way around, using the fibre wire on all three targets. The second part, I electrocuted one guy, dropped a chandelier on another by shooting the chandelier with a silenced 'baller. I then disguised myself as a businessman, of whom my final target was a customer.

Brilliant!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• andywilkie35 22 Nov 2012 22:17:14 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I also just got my first silent assassin rating - incredibly satisfying!

Not played a Hitman game before so unaware of any "changes" etc people don't like but what I've played is brilliant.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 22:31:46 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I agree somewhat that the early parts of certain levels (checkpoints) are kinda Splinter Cellery (erm), but so far the parts where there's an actual target, it has felt like Hitman. I would prefer if it was just one large stage with a save system, but I am getting on with it. I'm grateful that I can just redo the hit sections if I so choose, and then I get to experiment with the various options. I still wish they had just stuck to the way they did it in Blood Money, and struggle to see the real point of the stealth sections being their own standalone bits, as it will make additional playthroughs a bit of a pain.

I also enjoyed the train station part of Run for your Life. It was interesting to see that RFYL actually has a "Suit Only" challenge as I thought it was the most unlikely stage so far where doing so would be possible.

I'm currently in the Strip Club, and it's really well done. I am struggling to see this mission having as many ways as China Town had to complete the hit... I'm hoping I'm wrong though, and still keeping the faith that the stages focusing on hiding are over now (even though I'm hiding from the cops I guess :|.
  • WoodenSpoon 22 Nov 2012 22:43:40 12,279 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is the Chinatown level early on one of the best ones then?
  • Deleted user 22 November 2012 22:48:20
    I'm really enjoying it as well. Just up to the strip club now. I enjoyed the Run For Your Life level but it'd be fairly hard to get a Silent Assassin rating.

Looking forward to trying some contracts. In particular setting up that woman who's complaining out the widow at the start of the RFYL level!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 22 Nov 2012 22:50:05 25,425 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep. There's one other that is also pretty good a bit later on in the next main area. Neither are that great in the grand scheme of Hitman games though. Very small.

The rest is just Steal Random Objects From Small Areas and Run Away From Thousands of Police Officers and Guards Whilst Occasionally Having to Make a Hit-man: Absolution.
  • Rusty_M 22 Nov 2012 22:50:41 4,579 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone playing on PC managed to link this to their Squenix account? I can't seem to do it. My account there only shows Deus Ex and the Sniper Challenge. It's not a big deal, but a minor irritation.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• WoodenSpoon 22 Nov 2012 23:11:50 12,279 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Yep. There's one other that is also pretty good a bit later on in the next main area. Neither are that great in the grand scheme of Hitman games though. Very small.

The rest is just Steal Random Objects From Small Areas and Run Away From Thousands of Police Officers and Guards Whilst Occasionally Having to Make a Hit-man: Absolution.
    Ugh... why did they change the formula ffs?
  • Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 23:14:31 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Contracts is the game's saving grace as far as getting some traditional Hitman action is concerned.
  • Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 23:20:06 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    2 quick questions for the morning crew before I head to bed:

Are the upgrades earned in campaign used in the campaign or contracts? I might be imagining things but I do feel like I'm not being spotted as easily or from as far away.

Also, does anyone know if you get the points for the challenges every time you do them, every time you play a stage? Stacking challenges seems to be the way to super high scores and I can't imagine the points being once off.

(sorry if these are stupid questions!)
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Nov 2012 01:20:21 5,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think upgrades apply either to both campaign and contracts (as I haven't seen a seperate menu/list in contracts), or that it's campaign only. Contract rewards are cash values, and there are only weapons and outfits to purchase, and no associated challenges because of the free-form nature.

As for challenges, once you've completed it, you gain the 5% bonus thereafter, without needing to finish the level, or repeat the challenge. So, you can start a level, kill for outfits, restart level, collect evidence on a gun rampage, restart level, special kill etc, and those 5% increases will stack permanently. Spotting the Chinatown King might be worth 4000pts initially, but with two challenges completed, it'll be worth 4400pts.

By the time you complete most of them, you'll be looking at a 50% increase to points on a level.

As for me, it's a decent game, but it's not what it was/should've been. The fact that I was able to SA the Chinatown level in around 4mins with absolutely no effort, compared to the steps involved in what seems to be a more interesting method with a poorer rank, just seems ridiculous to me. What happened to the slow, piecing together of possibilities, gleaning new information with each attempt ?

Oh yeah, they stuck all the info in an unspoilered menu, plain as day, negating the need for that, making it more accessible. Pssshhh. Bring back the Meat King's club, the Dutch biker bar, the Siberian outpost, and the hotels of infinite possibility. Not these strange hotels with guys holed up in squalor, with visitation via ventshafts only. :p
  • jamesi 23 Nov 2012 01:27:13 197 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Has anyone got to end ond of libary without being spotted? I'm beginning to think it's impossible
    there are guards everywhere lol! The only way i can do it is by taking officer hostage but this loses me 1500 score and makes me an unhappy assasin:-P
  • Zizoo 23 Nov 2012 07:00:10 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @jamesi

I subdued a officer, took his disguise and hid his body. I then made it through the library with using the cover system and instinct to get past groups of cops. I'm actually grateful for the level because it forced me to get used to the new systems.

@oldschoolsoviet

Thanks. That makes sense. :)

Yeah, I finished the hit in the strip club, and now I'm being hunted by the police again, and need to escape unseen AGAIN... :(
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Nov 2012 07:28:09 14,419 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZizouFC
    Morning Zizou

I did that bit last night. The escaping bits are a pain in the arse. I seem to be killing lots of people in my playthrough.

Did you have a go at my contract yet mate ?
    Have you got one up ?

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Zizoo 23 Nov 2012 07:46:05 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Morning :)

I would be killing loads more (I don't even want to do clean kills as you lose points for every type of kill) if it weren't for the score in the corner putting me off. I wish it didn't display until the end.

I didn't, but I did have a look at it, and it looks like a tough one! From what I remember you have to kill 3 people with 3 different weapons... :eek: I'll definitely give it a go tonight, and put my own one up.
  • SlackMaster 23 Nov 2012 09:27:07 3,132 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZizouFC That's one thing I don't like as well. It's like the game is punishing you for playing the game how you want and should be playing it. It's fun to use creating and environmental kills but if you do you get marked down, which actively disuades you from having fun.

I haven't taked a gun out and shot anyone other than a target throught my whole playthrough yet. I've mainly been choking out guards and hiding them to not take a big hit on the score. If you get spotted or go for a run and gun you have virtually have no chance of completing the level and you'll end it with a minus score if you do.

There is one bit in the Dexter Manufacturing level where you get a silenced sniper rifle and a hint shows a snipers perch from where you can take out a bunch of guards on a bridge but as soon as you try this your score bombs with each kill.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• BravoGolf Moderator 23 Nov 2012 09:34:38 12,740 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow, that score idea sounds stupid. T'would be better hide it until the end or buried within the game stats during the pause

He really does look like Robbie Williams doesn't he?
  • JoeGBallad 23 Nov 2012 10:09:19 383 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For those who are interested, we've made a slightly homo-erotic video review of Hitman Absolutions. It contains the line "a world full of Ross Kemps"

If you have a spare 5-minutes, please give it a watch and tell us what you think

Sorry again for the shameless self-promotion. I just try to get our videos out there as much as possible. If I'm starting to annoy anybody, feel free to tell me :)

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Zizoo 23 Nov 2012 10:20:42 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SlackMaster

I totally agree. Although I usually try not to kill people, I would like to decide in the spur of the moment to put a bullet between the eyes of a guard rather than hiding in a cupboard, but I don't want to lose the points (fucking points!). I usually subdue them if anything, but points are lost for that as well. Such a strange system.

There is one bit in the Dexter Manufacturing level where you get a silenced sniper rifle and a hint shows a snipers perch from where you can take out a bunch of guards on a bridge but as soon as you try this your score bombs with each kill.
    Similar thing happens in the library near the end, you are pretty much encouraged to drop the chandilier on the heads of the cops at the bottom. Boom, there goes my decent score right at the end.

At least it's off in Purist mode. Maybe then I'll play it the way I want... or perhaps I'm just a weak person and a slave to the score.
  • Page

of 43 First / Last