Hitman: Absolution Page 24

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• UncleLou Moderator 21 Nov 2012 13:30:40 35,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I finally got a copy... now to get through after work drinks.

I keep reading people moaning about the disguise system. Is it really bad enough to warrant a patch?
    As I said above, I think it's - generally - excellent. I always found it a bit strange thyt you could just wear a disguise, and everyone would accept you as on of theirs. This is now more "realistic", for a lack of a better word. It needs some balancing though, imo, because they see through your disguise a little too quickyl now.
  • spindle9988 21 Nov 2012 13:32:23 3,676 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HMV were selling this for 32.99. I am so tempted but a big part of me wants sonic racing. (tough decisions)
  • Ziz0u 21 Nov 2012 13:33:58 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, that does sound fair (and realistic), but how about them spotting you from too far away?
  • Whizzo 21 Nov 2012 13:34:46 43,356 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Break their line of sight.

This space left intentionally blank.

• waggy79 21 Nov 2012 13:35:30 1,094 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I finally got a copy... now to get through after work drinks.

I keep reading people moaning about the disguise system. Is it really bad enough to warrant a patch?
    As I said above, I think it's - generally - excellent. I always found it a bit strange thyt you could just wear a disguise, and everyone would accept you as on of theirs. This is now more "realistic", for a lack of a better word. It needs some balancing though, imo, because they see through your disguise a little too quickyl now.
    I think it could be quite easily sorted. Just make it so their cone of vision is reduced, they wouldn't recognise you were a stranger until close up.
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Nov 2012 15:09:41 15,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Top score on my chums list on the Contracts tuturial*...back of the net.
    Only took me 2 attempts as well. Just over $84000 paid I think.

*only 6 chums playing/played but I can live with that ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Whizzo 21 Nov 2012 15:11:52 43,356 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shame the contracts aren't cross platform.

• spamdangled 21 Nov 2012 15:36:44 27,460 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do you even earn cash in the SP game? Would be nice if your score on each level translated to a cash payout.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• jamesi 22 Nov 2012 05:49:04 222 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finally got a good few hours with it wednesday night i'm at chinatown level and really enjoying it.One of few games that requires me to actually think/plan what i do.

I mean seriously when was last time i replayed a level just to see if there was a better way to do it or see a different outcome? i never do that but this game i do.My mind was buzzing at the options and freedom the game gives you.i'm playing on professional and to me it feels like a medium difficulty so far.The hand holding on easier settings would just ruin it imo.
  • SlackMaster 22 Nov 2012 07:10:56 3,134 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @spindle9988 Just get both... ;) I picked up Hitman for 32 on shopto and Sonic: SSRT for 23.50 from Tesco.
  • SlackMaster 22 Nov 2012 07:15:56 3,134 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm actually enjoying this game more than Blood Money. I find having the instinct ability really helps with items of interest, level layout and enemy placement. It leads to a bit less trial and error than previous games.

I completed the original game on my own but I remember needing to refer to a guide for Silent Assassin. Often as items wouldn't stand out you'd completely miss them in the older games. At least here you can find things easier and then work out how to use them in the game.
  • Ziz0u 22 Nov 2012 07:20:18 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Started this last night and am loving it for the most part. I decided to play on normal despite having played the previous games. I intend on playing through on hard but some of the issues I had make it quite an intimidating prospect.

The Chinatown mission was very Hitman, and I finished it in 3 different ways. I'm not very far in, but I'm not sure the same can be said for the other levels so far. I'm currently trying to escape from the Library, which just feels odd and something I will dread doing over on higher difficulties. The disguise system is fine, but you are spotted way too easily, which made the Terminus Hotel such a pain. It felt broken at times.

I was wondering how others did it? I entered through the right hand side where the merc and electrician were chatting. I waited for the electrician to bugger off, then I threw a brick a little down the road which the merc went to investigate. Knocked him out and put him in the bin. Took his disguise and used instinct to get past the guard watching the stairs to the basement (?). Took cover near the lift, waited till no mercs were around (kept being seen straight away with nowhere to run on my failed attempts), and pressed the button to call the lift. Waited again and instincted my way to the lift. I was actually busted but got on the lift while being shouted at to stop by the mercs =/... 2nd floor (sneaking around even though I had a disguise on) I went to the room with the fire alarm, pulled it, and made a dash for the stairs. Waited for the 2 guards to have their chat. Knocked the one out and pushed the other down the stairs.

Went for a little look around and found the film reel. Went back, popped that in and made my way to the objective.

Another issue I have is the points system. Not too sure why I lose points for pretty much every possible kill. I suppose that's just the way they decided to do it, and the scoring is the same for everyone else, so no point in questioning it.

I tried Contracts out which is very cool. I did DM's one and one of IO's. I will get more into it when I finish the campaign.

So yeah, some moments of brilliance, but I do really hope that the stages to come are more traditional. The beauty of Blood Money was that I looked forward to replaying each and every stage because they followed a formula. I just want a target(s) with many ways to kill them. Not running for my life, made more difficult by the eagle eyed NPCs.

Sorry about the essay.
  • SlackMaster 22 Nov 2012 07:37:04 3,134 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZizouFC Hey no ones added my psn id yet for contracts, to_many_rules.

I tried it this way... Set off the car alarm directly out the front of the hotel. I KO the guard that comes to check and dress as the guard, dumping his body in a bin in the alley you start in.

Next I walk in the front door using instict to get past the guards to the lift. Wait for the lift which burns a lot of instint then go straight up.

I did try the open window that the woman pops out of and the side enterance but there are a lot of guards that will spot you that route.
  • SlackMaster 22 Nov 2012 07:41:29 3,134 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did the Gun club, barber shop and mine levels last night, all of which are brilliant. I was quite cuffed that I managed to do the whole mill/mine area without getting spotted getting the silent assassin rating.

The gun club was great as the bar and club both have an appearence from Kane and Lynch.

The barber shop level was pertty tough as it's like a cop town and they are everywhere.
  • Ziz0u 22 Nov 2012 07:42:48 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorry. I'm playing on Xbox /o\

I struggled with the main entrance. I burn through Instinct way to fast. Next time I do the stage I want to grab the Terminus employee disguise and I've read that you go pretty much unspotted wearing that, which would make getting all the evidence/challenges done easier.

Is Instict off on higher difficulties? I assume not as you need it to blend in, and besides, as I said earlier I don't have a problem with it as it's just Absolution's answer to Blood Money's all seeing mini map.
  • Ziz0u 22 Nov 2012 08:42:04 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are suit only runs even possible in this game? I'm trying to think of how it would be possible in Terminus, but other than going in all guns blazing, I don't think there's a way.

I miss being able to choose my weapons. Why wouldn't 47 take his silenced pistols to every hit?

Edit: So instinct is off in Purist mode? How is that even possible? So rather than blend in to get past people, you have to sneak? Might as well not bother with disguises then since you are spotted so easily, and the only way to get rid of them is lead them away, which is pretty much impossible in a populated area anyway.

Edited by ZizouFC at 08:45:37 22-11-2012
  • Whizzo 22 Nov 2012 10:40:13 43,356 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:Why wouldn't 47 take his silenced pistols to every hit?
    The pistols he no longer owns? He paid for information with his briefcase of weapons.

• Ziz0u 22 Nov 2012 10:42:49 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:Why wouldn't 47 take his silenced pistols to every hit?
    The pistols he no longer owns? He paid for information with his briefcase of weapons.
    Oh, right you are. :redface:
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Nov 2012 10:46:36 15,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZizouFC
    Just added you mate ;)

• Rodriguez 22 Nov 2012 10:50:13 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC

Hey Zizou, firstly cheers for the friend request last night! I'm playing the Absolution story mode on Purist difficulty and can confirm that you do still get Instinct mode (I wouldn't have got far without it!), but with no indication on the HUD of how much you're using and it really doesn't last very long at all that difficulty level, usually just enough to slip by the odd guard occasionally.

I've still managed to get Silent Assassin ratings on some of the levels so far, so Purist is not insanely difficult, though you have to be really cautious and observe the environments well enough to get an idea of guard movements/locations. Even then you'll get the odd WTF surprises that have seen me darting for the nearest cover to hide behind!

I got sent another Contract competition invite from darkmorgado yesterday, to a map created by someone called 'madtheswine' (fellow EG'er??). It's a fun little sniper challenge in Chinatown which I've forwarded an invite to both you and fletch7100, who I see has been playing this too ;)
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Nov 2012 10:55:57 35,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The game now teases me with your scores in each level, Whizzo! :p
  • Ziz0u 22 Nov 2012 11:11:48 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodriguez

No worries! Hoping to create a couple of contracts for you and Duffman to sink your teeth into :).... That does make sense. Would be pretty impossible without it.

I'm not too sure how far you are in the game, but so far, do you think a suit only run would be possible in this? I want to do so ontop of my Purist run.

How are you finding disguises? Or are you depending more on taking cover? I struggle on normal and can only imagine the hell it causes on Purist.

That does sound like a good contract. Thanks!
  • Ziz0u 22 Nov 2012 11:12:55 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Cool :)

If anyone else wants to add me on XBL, please do: Zizou1987
  • Whizzo 22 Nov 2012 11:16:44 43,356 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    The game now teases me with your scores in each level, Whizzo! :p
    Glad that's working, must get some more Hitman in this evening and size up the competition. :-)

• Rodriguez 22 Nov 2012 12:43:20 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Rodriguez

I'm not too sure how far you are in the game, but so far, do you think a suit only run would be possible in this? I want to do so ontop of my Purist run.

How are you finding disguises? Or are you depending more on taking cover? I struggle on normal and can only imagine the hell it causes on Purist.

I'd imagine a suit only run would be exceptionally difficult if you planned to sneak around unseen given some of the levels I've played so far! I do reckon however, you could do it if you decided to just go in guns blazing, which is always one of the viable - though much less desirable - options in Hitman! I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage we see an 'uber gamer' somewhere who will post Youtube videos showing sneaky awesomeness doing a silent run in the suit!

How am I finding disguises? Almost essential in places! The more I've played this Hitman the more I think the mechanic of having similar suited individuals on a level be suspicious of you is quite a clever bit of design, certainly more 'realistic' - if occasionally over sensitive. It allows you to easily breeze past people who aren't wearing the same garb, but creates a slightly more tense atmosphere when you start to see people wearing what you've got on, you start to very quickly skirt around a level desperately trying to avoid them!

Using cover is essential too, it's one of the things that helped me get Silent Assassin ratings on a few of the levels! There are also some levels that allow you to 'hide' in plain view; like reading a menu, standing by a slot machine, mopping a floor etc. Enemies that may have 'spotted' you and are following you around before elevating their threat levels to 'recognising you as a threat' can be put off the scent by using 'hide' (if it's available in an area) - it certainly helped loads when trying to leave the Train Station level on Purist!
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Nov 2012 12:59:30 15,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    While playing this morning, I realise why although I love the idea of the series (not the 1990's show ;) )I tend to stay away from playing the games ...I'm shite at the game.I really am enjoying though, but I lack patience.

I'm currently in the dope den/flatand Police are everywhere, I have tried to escape several times, but as yet no luck. The good thing is, is that although I'm pants I'm enjoying (at the moment) and not getting frustrated...too much.

Love trying out chums contracts, I have done one this morning.
    I will look to do more of you fine peps ones later on. I have also put one up and sent to a few of you to try.
    Any I do try from the EG chums list will get positive feedback no matter what :)

• SlackMaster 22 Nov 2012 13:42:46 3,134 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Rodriguez

I'd imagine a suit only run would be exceptionally difficult if you planned to sneak around unseen given some of the levels I've played so far! I do reckon however, you could do it if you decided to just go in guns blazing, which is always one of the viable - though much less desirable - options in Hitman! I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage we see an 'uber gamer' somewhere who will post Youtube videos showing sneaky awesomeness doing a silent run in the suit!

How am I finding disguises? Almost essential in places! The more I've played this Hitman the more I think the mechanic of having similar suited individuals on a level be suspicious of you is quite a clever bit of design, certainly more 'realistic' - if occasionally over sensitive. It allows you to easily breeze past people who aren't wearing the same garb, but creates a slightly more tense atmosphere when you start to see people wearing what you've got on, you start to very quickly skirt around a level desperately trying to avoid them!

Using cover is essential too, it's one of the things that helped me get Silent Assassin ratings on a few of the levels! There are also some levels that allow you to 'hide' in plain view; like reading a menu, standing by a slot machine, mopping a floor etc. Enemies that may have 'spotted' you and are following you around before elevating their threat levels to 'recognising you as a threat' can be put off the scent by using 'hide' (if it's available in an area) - it certainly helped loads when trying to leave the Train Station level on Purist!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. To begin with when I was disguised I never used to hide, just use instinct when people spotted me, but having played the mine level last night and hiding while wearing a disguise it mad ethe whole things a lot easier.
  • SlackMaster 22 Nov 2012 13:44:55 3,134 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I think most forumites in this thread have the 360 version so as I have it on the PS3, I've not played contracts yet.

Edited by SlackMaster at 07:22:15 23-11-2012
  • spamdangled 22 Nov 2012 13:55:19 27,460 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Are suit only runs even possible in this game? I'm trying to think of how it would be possible in Terminus, but other than going in all guns blazing, I don't think there's a way.

I miss being able to choose my weapons. Why wouldn't 47 take his silenced pistols to every hit?

Edit: So instinct is off in Purist mode? How is that even possible? So rather than blend in to get past people, you have to sneak? Might as well not bother with disguises then since you are spotted so easily, and the only way to get rid of them is lead them away, which is pretty much impossible in a populated area anyway.
    They are possible but very, very hard. You'll need to distract guards a hell of a lot.

Only level I think its not possible is Orphanage, simply because youre not wearing your suit on that level.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 43 First / Last