Hitman: Absolution Page 16

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• Rusty_M 12 Jul 2012 21:13:13 4,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The x-ray vision and fire trails for where people will walk, especially, along with the slow mo shooting can all fuck right off.

I'm glad that they genuinely can, with a click in the options menu :)

I don't mind these easy concessions as long as they are OPTIONS and not forced on players who don't want them.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• oldschoolsoviet 12 Jul 2012 21:49:40 5,460 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ Better than THE ALL-KNOWING AND SEEING 2D MAP OF POWER shirley ? Fair enough, it detailed less as the difficulty increased, but the x-ray vision is a lot smarter than hiding and map-watching, and is still finite too. Quick peek through, or save it for the attack itself ?

I found the score panel to be the most obtrusive bit of clutter, though it will be fun comparing ranks, I'd rather it wasn't so obvious at the time. Hoping they've taken an idea from AC, with customised clutter/HUD.

And yes, I'll be sticking with the tradition of playing like a homicidal maniac on the first run. Hundreds will die. Oh yes.
  • Metalfish 12 Jul 2012 22:14:11 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /Buys thousands in fancy upgrades

/Only takes fibre wire on mission.
  • Rusty_M 12 Jul 2012 23:23:13 4,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    /Buys thousands in fancy upgrades

/Only takes fibre wire on mission.
    This
    plus
    "but I might need it"

I wanted to see him use more of the incidental objects more cleverly in that playthrough. "bill spike" was something he chose not to pick up. That has to make for a nasty kill.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• StarchildHypocrethes 15 Aug 2012 08:28:02 25,653 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cooooool.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/14/much-obliged-hitmans-freeform-contracts/#more-119875
  • kalel 15 Aug 2012 08:42:48 87,120 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is going to be a serious game innit.
  • Crawley725 3 Sep 2012 05:43:15 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Whizzo Doesn't anyone realize that Hitman slaughtered a bunch of "ASSASSINS", Not nuns. They were chics dressed as nuns. And seeing everyone on the topic of this trailer being sexist. Shut UP. Stop talking about it and the stupid people who claim it is sexist will have no one to argue with. Remember: When you argue with a stupid person, it makes you a stupid person"
  • Metalfish 3 Sep 2012 09:23:04 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    *Makes point about something not being sexist*

*Refers to women as "chics" while doing so*
  • King_Edward 3 Sep 2012 09:25:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gotta love when someone bumps an old thread to tell people to stop arguing.

Edited by King_Edward at 09:25:23 03-09-2012
  • Mr-Brett 3 Sep 2012 09:30:46 12,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's quite amusing that Crawley replies to a post from god know how far back and then tells everyone to "Shut UP" about it :)

Edit: I really should stop writing posts and forgetting to actually post them for five minutes.

Edited by Mr-Brett at 09:32:10 03-09-2012

Portable view - Never forget.

• Metalfish 3 Sep 2012 09:33:02 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OI, SHAKESPEARE STOP BANGING ON ABOUT PUNS!
  • bobdebob 4 Sep 2012 13:01:14 586 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:

It is getting ridiculous. They're getting bigger and bigger as well. There's no reason to tell me what button opens doors at every single door if it's always the same button.
    Yeah I just don't get it what happened to reading a manual or playing a tutorial to learn controls?
    It's better than Hitman 2 & 3 where everything was done by one action button which meant you opened doors instead of moving the body.
  • bad09 4 Sep 2012 16:29:08 5,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:

It's better than Hitman 2 & 3 where everything was done by one action button which meant you opened doors instead of moving the body.
    I dunno a context sensitive button is not the same has having icons on everything to remind you to press a button.

Anyways came in to share some good news to bad news I never even knew! On their forums it has been confirmed purist mode is now "unlocked" from the start. Depressing the way to play the game is a "mode" you would unlock by playing the simpleton mode but with a modern shit industry more interested in focus groups and tick boxes than anything else what can you do. Certainly good news it's there from the start now.

""It seems voicing your concern helps from time to tome. I've just heard from the team that purist mode is now designed to be unlocked from the get go. now, unless something critical happens, I feel confident that you can get your butts handed to you from the first play-through."
  • RedSparrows 4 Sep 2012 17:07:12 22,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    it's not FPS I am bored with: it's TPS stealth games deciding they're all actually the same fucking thing.

Glad 'purist mode' exists, even if it should never have been an issue anyway,
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Sep 2012 17:22:21 25,653 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Damn them for giving people even more optional ways to play.
  • bad09 4 Sep 2012 17:42:10 5,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    default option should be the way it's meant to play.

hitman was never about treating you like a dummy.
    Agreed, the fact this is supposedly the way long time fans will want to play (the devs words) and it was merely an unlock to the main simpleton game we are all concerned about speaks volumes.

Still glass half full and all that, other than some weird "Grindhouse" direction it's looking good and we now know 100% we can avoid the dummy version completely.

Edited by bad09 at 17:42:58 04-09-2012
  • bobdebob 4 Sep 2012 19:32:33 586 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    default option should be the way it's meant to play.

hitman was never about treating you like a dummy.
    Hitman was always about how YOU wanted to play, his trademark weapons are completely useless for the Silent Assassin rating but were there, in case you wanted to blast your way through the levels. You can even use a minigun on Hitman 3.

Plus, I think the buttons are alot more context-sensitive than before, as shown in Street of Hope gameplay video, lots of things were assigned to four buttons. The buttons were always on the top-left corner of the screen in Blood Money anyway.

Edited by bobdebob at 19:34:34 04-09-2012
  • bystander 13 Sep 2012 17:45:14 185 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Only recently pre-ordered the game and having a lot of fun with the sniper challenge.

Anyone know if it's possible to hide all the bodies?
  • Lotos8ter 13 Sep 2012 18:34:53 2,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bystander - don't think so, but I might be wrong. You can shoot some guards in places where other guards don't go; but not every guard will stand on the edges of the fish pond or edge of the roof for the hidden body kill.

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 13 September 2012 22:00:54
    @bystander

Not sure about the bodies fella, but also having fun with the sniper challenge. Looking forward to the full release
  • bystander 15 Sep 2012 15:29:20 185 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks the clarification guys. I didn't realize hiding the bodies seems to make a big impact on your score. Managed to hide an additional three bodies compared to my video above and got an extra 300k in points...
  • Syrette 29 Sep 2012 10:12:47 43,353 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheevos/trophies are out there...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/hitman-absolution/achievements/

• Airwane 23 Oct 2012 14:33:33 165 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anybody know what make is 47's car?
    Any news on the demo?

Edited by Airwane at 14:34:50 23-10-2012

My gaming channel http://www.youtube.com/TheBlackViceroy

• fletch7100 30 Oct 2012 12:08:18 7,236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    OXM review

9/10
    +
    Agent 47 never felt so deadly,brilliantly varied and fun campaign,action bits are unexpectrlldy ace, contract mode will please fans
    -
    Pacing sags slightly in the middle

Some bits from review

Everything the fans have loved about the series is still present -disable the aids and its every bit as tough as earlier instalments- but it's delivered with a beguiling flexibility. While the previous games let you feel a certain type of assassin, Absoultion offers it all. Agent 47 is a deadly medley of every cool killer you can think of. Die Gard fans may roll their eyes at the way some levels may nudge you towards violence, but we found ourselves pleasantly surprised at just how much we enjoyed the variation

Everything about the world revolves around entertaining you, whether its the wide scope of murder options or the amazing dialogue in between. Whatever kind of killer you decide to be, Absoultion is an unmissable hit.

Really going to love seeing the ideas people come up with in the Contracts mode
  • fletch7100 30 Oct 2012 12:22:16 7,236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Each level is spilt into lots of small segments, which can be then individually replayed. This combined with newly added checkpoints makes it feel like a less masochistic Himan game. If things get messy at the end you won't have to replay it from the start

Each of these segments also reset your score to zero, leaving any prior mistakes behind. Stepping through a locked door and having your slate wiped clean isn't very realistic, but we are willing to overlook that for the freedom it brings. Nippy loading times make it easy to restart whenever things go astray, but this dividing of levels into smaller chunks makes it far more enjoyable to embrace your mistakes. Getting caught in blood money was often frustrating , but this time it's an excuse for a different kind of fun. Our solemn slap head has always been ice cool but he's never felt this powerful before"

Story is 16 chapters. Around 15 hours. Replay value is good just to mess about in the levels plus the design a hit contract mode
  • fletch7100 30 Oct 2012 12:24:05 7,236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also review mentions Contracts mode is unlocked from the very start. So you can ignore the main game and just play that
  • bnazir 11 Nov 2012 02:28:41 82 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow, PC gamer UK gave this 62%. The reviewer was throughly disappointed with this one. Final verdict: "A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that until now, has made Hitman great"
  • Metalfish 11 Nov 2012 09:05:22 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hrm, I'd like to read that.
  • the_dudefather 11 Nov 2012 10:15:11 9,288 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neogaf summary of review

Pros
    - Nice looking locations
    - Contracts mode is good, although not an adequate replacement of a proper Hitman game
    - "One very good mission" near the end, but still not as good or as free as Blood Money

Cons
    - No saving, checkpoint system is awful - even an AI glitch can lead to you having to restart the level, also doesn't save data such as disguises or items you've left, and guards killed will respawn
    - Focus on (embarrassingly bad) story over gameplay
    - PC performance was awful, they tried out on 3 different PCs - two can run Skyrim smoothly yet get 15fps in Hitman on minimal settings, with occasional freezes of over a second, and load times of over a minute
    - A lot of gameplay involves you getting to a door to trigger a cutscene
    - The amount of kills you have control over how they're executed is about 25%, even then it's not as expansive as Blood Money
    - Equipment system - can't choose weapons in main missions, or carry weapons over between missions
    - Guard AI is strange, they will sometimes detect you walking where commando rolling wouldn't get you detected
    - "Sneak by covering your face" idea is laughable
    - DRM on Contracts mode - can't play any contracts, even your own, offline
    same reviewer give Max Payne 3 55%, take that as you will

Edited by the_dudefather at 10:16:38 11-11-2012

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Page

of 43 First / Last