Hitman: Absolution Page 13

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• Ziz0u 31 May 2012 21:07:45 8,648 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm sorry, but my first concern was the unhitmannessness of the trailer.
  • Deleted user 31 May 2012 21:08:24
    sigh Keza seems to be getting abuse left right and centre from people on ign comment section and on her twitter account.
  • Deleted user 31 May 2012 21:10:47
    Post deleted
  • StarchildHypocrethes 31 May 2012 21:36:21 26,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't help feeling people might be reading a liitle too much into this...

It's basically a rubbish attempt at Hitman meets Kill Bill. I'm fairly sure SE weren't using it to slyly ingrain a pro-domestic violence agenda into our brains or to try subliminally tell us that headbutting women us sexy.
  • repairmanjack 31 May 2012 21:40:40 6,082 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    REALLY do not see what domestic violence has to do with it.
    Absolutely fuck all. Ridiculous overreactions all around.
  • richarddavies 31 May 2012 21:42:40 2,910 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    just watched it now for the first time. I think it's pandering to the teenage boy demographic which is pretty stupid as i imagine most people that have been following hitman since the start are probably all grownups by now.

I've read the comments on here though and the people that are talking about it being sexist really need to take a look in the mirror. And put your head through it.
  • Flightrisker 31 May 2012 21:49:11 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm gonna get outta here cos I'm sure you'll all wanna go back to actually talking about the game at some point :)

Those who don't think it's sexist/misogynistic though: you genuinely don't know what you are talking about. It clear is, it was clearly intended to be for this very purpose and you should really start to ask yourself how you'd feel watching this if you weren't a guy.

G'night!
  • Ziz0u 31 May 2012 21:52:49 8,648 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My girlfriend thought the trailer was really cool.
  • richarddavies 31 May 2012 21:55:47 2,910 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    My girlfriend thought the trailer was really cool.
    mine thought it was shit. She didn't find it sexist though.
  • sam_spade 31 May 2012 21:55:57 15,745 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So when I was playing Hitman before and murdering people, that was cool. Now it's absurd hot Kill Bill/Suckerpunch asaassin's, that's not cool.
  • Derblington 31 May 2012 22:03:17 22,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flightrisker wrote:
    you should really start to ask yourself how you'd feel watching this if you weren't a guy.
    How does one do this? I am a guy and I can't claim to know how women think, especially when, like guys, no two are quite the same. So how can you?

I genuinely don't know a single woman that would be offended by this trailer.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 31 May 2012 22:05:15 26,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's only because you threatened to learn 'em if they dared to.
  • Derblington 31 May 2012 22:06:59 22,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I learned it from the video games.
  • ronuds 31 May 2012 22:09:09 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do none of you have female partners/friends/family? Shit like this is the reason that they'll get wolf whistles walking past guys, won't get the same job opportunities as men, and why statistically speaking some woman you know will one day be a victim of domestic violence.
    Like this...

• Deleted user 31 May 2012 22:10:58
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I'm sorry, but my first concern was the unhitmannessness of the trailer.
    Thats kind of the point of some of the criticism. And out right non hitman trailer and the use of pvc clad cliched big boobed vixens and big explosions to sell the game.
  • King_Edward 31 May 2012 22:12:56 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The over-reaction to the reaction is ridiculous. The trailer is clearly, purposefully misogynistic. Whether you (or your partners) have a problem with that is another issue.
  • Deleted user 31 May 2012 22:13:46
    /goes back to picking up hookers and chainsawing them in gta ....
  • Ziz0u 31 May 2012 22:18:15 8,648 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hitman HD Collection listed on an Italian site.

Edited by ZizouFC at 22:21:27 31-05-2012

Edited by ZizouFC at 22:22:28 31-05-2012
  • bad09 31 May 2012 22:19:04 6,255 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    just watched it now for the first time. I think it's pandering to the teenage boy demographic which is pretty stupid as i imagine most people that have been following hitman since the start are probably all grownups by now.

I've read the comments on here though and the people that are talking about it being sexist really need to take a look in the mirror. And put your head through it.
    Yep, it was already clear this new Hitman (if we can call it that) is "accessible" for a new audience and that trailer really tells us why. They want the Xbox generation money, fuck the fans.
  • JYM60 31 May 2012 22:20:37 16,901 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lmao

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• richarddavies 31 May 2012 22:23:15 2,910 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Hitman HD Collection listed on an Italian site.

brill if true. That cover they've used is for the triple pack that come out on the ps2 years back though.
  • sam_spade 31 May 2012 22:34:44 15,745 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Marketing!=Gameplay
  • Stickman 31 May 2012 22:37:23 29,664 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    While I do think the trailer is mysoginistic (why the fuck do they need to be sexy nuns?), I don't see how it encourages domestic violence in any way.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• StarchildHypocrethes 31 May 2012 22:39:37 26,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Personally I prefer sexy nuns to normal ones.
  • bad09 31 May 2012 22:42:16 6,255 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Personally I prefer sexy nuns to normal ones.
    I prefer normal ones dirtier and more thankful.
  • damagedinc 31 May 2012 23:06:56 964 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sexy nuns....check....sexy underwear....check.....extra violence against women....check....reaction.....check........sales..................check
  • Machetazo 31 May 2012 23:16:38 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    @Flightrisker

Yeah, pretty sure that's not exactly anything like what I said. There will be men killed in the game too I reckon. Happier now?

The trailer was obviously just to get people talking about the game. It's working. Even if half the people are talking about domestic violence for some reason.
    This. One point raised was how the shots of 47's pistols being brought to bear is an overt sexual reference. It can be seen that way, but, I don't agree that this is the intent. The scene is now rain-swept, from the strong breeze seen earlier. The nuns don't notice Agent 47, until he opens fire - he stealthily eliminates two of them shortly beforehand, using the downpour to mask his approach.
    (to paraphrase).
    "but that one got a broken nose!"
    When she tried to attack and used her rosary chain to restrain, from agent 47's rear, as he is busy fighting off a kicking frontal assault by another of the women, presumably (the trailer doesn't show the contact) causing 47 to swipe his elbow back in to her face.

I have a lot more time for the kind of reasoned, and well-explained points that Rob makes (thanks for pointing the article out :) ), than I do for the crude grandstanding and protestation from Keza. But, I think there's merit to the view of respondents who suggest that the trailer is steeped in the history of, and hints to the future of this series - I noticed "Blood Money"! That one I saw, distinctly right from the first viewing, but I also saw the fist then clench around the coin, and the character's expression. I couldn't tell you either way, about what significance there may be in that.
    If there's a discussion to be had around the points raised, that's one thing, and I think it's well and good, if people can constructively take part around that. Clearly, the trailer has raised attention, and in some cases ire. But, I am less than convinced that the trailer intended to offend.
    As JYM60 said, IO/the people behind its creation, were looking for a talking point, and, it looks as if they very well succeeded on that score.

As far as my views about the game, Absolution go, I remember my disapproval after the last seen demonstration, in the library with the police officers and later, the helicopter. This trailer doesn't encourage me towards Hitman Absolution. I hope they will use this E3 to offer a gameplay demonstration that sets the stage for what they intend to present at the end of the year.

Edited by Machetazo at 23:20:07 31-05-2012
  • Twin_snakes 31 May 2012 23:19:10 2,191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    decent hitman game.......................not found
  • Page

of 43 First / Last