Hitman: Absolution Page 6

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 May 2011 11:33:44
    Aargh. wrote:

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    This is going to be shit. It won't be the same, I think they're going to go down the action route.

You could run and gun in most of the levels of the previous games if you really wanted to.
    I never wanted to, unless I was pissing about.
  • Deleted user 29 May 2011 11:38:42
    Point being that the games have always been able to be played as an action game if you want to - nothing they've said suggests a greater emphasis on this.
  • RedSparrows 29 May 2011 11:53:02 22,214 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hitman has always, despite being great, had some really Fucking obtuse moments and bizarre AI. Perhaps they want to fix that? Make it clearer? Or perhaps everyone can just moan without knowing anything.
  • Master_Thief 4 Jun 2011 14:13:35 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Allegedly, the first 2 screenshots of the game.

http://i.imgur.com/lgn2H.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kz0nV.jpg
  • billythekid 4 Jun 2011 14:27:29 11,092 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    British police hat he's wearing isn't it?
  • Deleted user 4 June 2011 14:52:32
    That looks awesome.
  • bad09 4 Jun 2011 14:59:58 5,759 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Master_Thief wrote:

Looks wicked, god I am praying making it "more accessible" hasn't ruined the formula and we are all worrying for nothing.
  • oceanmotion 4 Jun 2011 15:14:47 15,765 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't played Hitman since Silent Assassin but if more accessible means less punishment and frustration for failure then I'm all for it as long as the game play isn't gimped to accommodate it. While enjoyable when you get things right it just sucks the fun out of playing when you have to do it all over again so many times especially when the game mechanics aren't perfect themselves. I'm sure they can work some features in to make things fun more often rather than frustrating. I imagine they will put in old school no mistake difficulty for some fans.
  • RedSparrows 4 Jun 2011 15:21:30 22,214 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not that the game is too hard (I love doing SA on Professional mode, for instance), but that a LOT of mechanics aren't entirely readable all the time and sometimes you fail through no apparent fault of your own.
  • Ajay 4 Jun 2011 15:27:47 2,412 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    It's not that the game is too hard (I love doing SA on Professional mode, for instance), but that a LOT of mechanics aren't entirely readable all the time and sometimes you fail through no apparent fault of your own.
    Exactly my thoughts. On Blood Money's first 'real' mission, for example: I strangle a guard, dispose of him, wear his uniform and pick up his shotgun. I wander in to the party area... and everyone freaks, because of the shotgun - despite the dozens of visible weapons in the hands of every other guard wandering openly. I spent ages wondering what I was doing wrong since it seemed so illogical that my weapon was the trigger, and had to force myself to go back to the game.

Getting rid of junk like this wouldn't be dumbing it down at all, it could still be brutally unforgiving and fair at the same time.
  • dsmx 4 Jun 2011 15:32:17 7,582 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually you can walk past them with the shotgun but you have to "holster" it.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Ajay 4 Jun 2011 15:35:32 2,412 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I did finally figure that out - even though all the other guards are carrying theirs in both hands, but lowered and unthreatening, you have to carry it in one hand by your side rather than how they do. It still doesn't make any sense to me, though.
  • Deleted user 4 June 2011 16:24:43
    The graphics are amazing, there is also a nine min interview that goes along with the screenshots.
  • Whizzo 4 Jun 2011 16:56:25 43,057 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    British police hat he's wearing isn't it?
    I think they're Chicago coppers, they have a distinctive chequerboard pattern on some of their hats and the long shot with the group suggests they've got the octagonal badge on their left arms.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Master_Thief 7 Jun 2011 12:02:55 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The E3 trailer (sadly it's all CG)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGs6FbRxEo
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Jun 2011 12:06:25 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Master_Thief wrote:

Looks wicked, god I am praying making it "more accessible" hasn't ruined the formula and we are all worrying for nothing.

The way things are going it will probably be a QTE game and one button press will perform every move in the game.
  • Physically_Insane 7 Jun 2011 12:09:01 8,736 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Master_Thief wrote:

Can't wait for this game, but fuck a CGI trailer, I'm not going to bother watching. Why do companies waste money and time making these shit CGI trailers that nobody cares about.
  • CaptainKid 7 Jun 2011 12:11:00 137 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ajay wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Exactly my thoughts. On Blood Money's first 'real' mission, for example: I strangle a guard, dispose of him, wear his uniform and pick up his shotgun. I wander in to the party area... and everyone freaks, because of the shotgun - despite the dozens of visible weapons in the hands of every other guard wandering openly. I spent ages wondering what I was doing wrong since it seemed so illogical that my weapon was the trigger, and had to force myself to go back to the game.

Getting rid of junk like this wouldn't be dumbing it down at all, it could still be brutally unforgiving and fair at the same time.
    I quit the game at that stage already :(
    I couldn't get past the guards and died 4 or 5 times. Then I discovered the reason was blood on the uniform.
    Then I decided the game had to many rules I as a player was unaware off.
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Jun 2011 12:11:17 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Master_Thief wrote:

Can't wait for this game, but fuck a CGI trailer, I'm not going to bother watching. Why do companies waste money and time making these shit CGI trailers that nobody cares about.

It does seem like a pretty pointless video to be honest, your missing nothing by not watching it.
  • richarddavies 7 Jun 2011 12:12:09 2,623 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought the Hitman trilogy boxset for the PS2 off ebay at the weekend in anticipation of this. Not played them in years.
  • bad09 7 Jun 2011 12:20:08 5,759 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:

I fucking hate CGI trailers and TV ads that show nothing worthwhile! It's because since gaming began companies like to try and pretend their game looks better than it actually does.

This industry has always tried to fool people like that to get them hyped from the TV ads now which don't actually show the game, the teasers and trailers over the gens that don't show the real game all the way back to the back of Speccy games where they showed you arcade or C64 screenshots instead of the real game.

To us it's pointless but it must work as a hype tool especially in the marketing hyperbole overload of the last few gens otherwise they wouldn't still bother with it. Sometimes they're fun to watch to be fair, like the Dead island one.
  • Tom_Servo 7 Jun 2011 21:26:42 17,390 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Incredible graphics
  • mrpon 7 Jun 2011 21:29:09 28,697 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus tits!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• mrpon 7 Jun 2011 21:31:01 28,697 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• staal2005 7 Jun 2011 21:34:35 63 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Although a bit anxious after reading the preview, I'm still excited that there will be another Hitman.
  • coda 7 Jun 2011 21:44:50 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Incredible graphics

Michael Shannon?
  • RedSparrows 7 Jun 2011 21:45:32 22,214 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, EG preview seems a bit mixed. Hope it's just usual E3 bravado marketing, and the game is still hard and stealthy, like afghan on a night prowl...
  • bad09 7 Jun 2011 22:13:53 5,759 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah just read the preview. Worrying for sure but seeing how many different ways you could approach the levels, for now, I'm hoping it's just the way the demo was played.

Rooftop chases, takedowns and such doesn't sound like the series I know though and "more accessible" is still ringing in my ears :(
  • bunglebonce 7 Jun 2011 22:29:24 2,118 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• morriss 8 Jun 2011 22:27:23 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New in-game footage: http://www.dr.dk/nu/player/#/tv-avisen-2100/10968/16:30

Looks like Splinter Conviction a bit. (it's in Danish - don't be scared)
  • Page

of 43 First / Last