Hitman: Absolution Page 40

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 5 Dec 2012 09:50:20 43,671 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Honestly, has anyone stopped playing Hitman because of the 'small tits / tiny penis' app?

Anyone now not going to buy it?

On the other hand, how many people who hadn't heard of this game, now have?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Commander-Keen 5 Dec 2012 10:35:40 806 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not going to buy it.

But then I never was!
  • MetalDog 5 Dec 2012 10:41:31 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've bought quite a few of the Hitmen series, but the be-titted nun nonsense made me suspect that it's probably lost its way.
    So yeah, unless people say this game is an amazing credit to the series, they've lost this customer with their stupid, backwards marketing.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2012 12:35:15 3,791 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Metal

It's an odd game in terms of the story. There's no justification for the mercenaries to be dressed as nuns, but then there's NPC dialogue that explains who they are and why they're recruited. And it's kind of a serious point, and an interesting discussioned to be had, placed in this peculiar grindhouse, B-movie, Lynchian Americana.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Zizoo 5 Dec 2012 12:43:57 8,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deleted

Edited by ZizouFC at 12:46:15 05-12-2012
  • MetalDog 5 Dec 2012 12:50:45 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's so many good games out there, though and being a working adult gamer I already have a backlog of stuff I want to play that I haven't had the time for. I really don't feel like I'm missing out if I don't buy games that irritate me with stupid decisions. There's always something equally good to play that hasn't got up my nose =)

Good time to be a gamer, really. We're spoiled for choice in the mainstream and indy scenes.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• King_Edward 5 Dec 2012 12:54:52 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    So is Shaving Lenny seen as the high point? I might pack in now if so.
    It's one of the early highlights, hardly an isolated case though.
    Soldier on then? It's such a shame every mission comes with an annoying 3 part, escape the cops section.
  • Shikasama 5 Dec 2012 12:57:12 6,712 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After Shaving Lenny you get to escape from men with guns.
  • King_Edward 5 Dec 2012 12:57:59 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Honestly, has anyone stopped playing Hitman because of the 'small tits / tiny penis' app?

Anyone now not going to buy it?

On the other hand, how many people who hadn't heard of this game, now have?
    I'm never sure what the point of this comment is. "If it works it's okay"? No, it isn't.
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 12:59:09 27,276 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's just the early missions, later ones become much more about plotting your route to the target, and choosing your moment based on their movements - both in smaller levels as well as the larger, more traditionally hitman-y ones.

Though to be fair I can't remember any level I've played beyond that early post-hotel sequence where you are actively being pursued. In the rest of the game you're only pursued if you fuck up. The nun mission is a possible exception to this.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• ComradePete 5 Dec 2012 13:54:50 478 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got to the 'Shaving Lenny' level & I'm enjoying it so far - I can see why some people aren't so keen on the direction the devs took, but I'm finding the smaller levels ideal ( I don't get much time to play....)

I think there's a bit of the rose-tinted spectacles when comparing it to the previous games - Hitman could always be a frustrating experience at times, & it's not as linear as some of the more disparaging comments make out; there's usually a few options open to you.
  • 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2012 14:04:06 3,791 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Contracts mode is what makes the game. It makes you experiment a bit more, I think.

• Rodriguez 6 Dec 2012 14:32:58 1,092 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Managed to get round to completing this the other day! I have to say that some parts of the last few sections were insanely frustrating at times! On the whole however, I'd say that I enjoyed the majority of the game. I went back and finished up some of the evidence and challenges I'd missed, as well as getting the achievement for leaving Lenny in the desert - the dialogue after that was very amusing!

So it's a lovely 1000g from this game now making it only the 7th game I've managed to do that for this gen! I've also, to my surprise, been able to get a few top 10 global positions in the contracts mode, as well as one global no.1 position on an official map - nice!
  • sirtacos 7 Dec 2012 01:27:19 7,272 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the Contracts will be the highlight for me, providing the closest thing to a freeform Hitman game.

The main story so far has been underwhelming. Not in terms of plot, which I don't care about anyway, but in terms of levels. Those fucking linear sneak'em up levels. Hate them.

Also don't like the "Instinct" mechanic. It's a pain in the arse.

Edited by sirtacos at 06:51:57 07-12-2012
  • El_MUERkO 7 Dec 2012 01:50:42 16,970 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I've bought quite a few of the Hitmen series, but the be-titted nun nonsense made me suspect that it's probably lost its way.
    So yeah, unless people say this game is an amazing credit to the series, they've lost this customer with their stupid, backwards marketing.
    Bingo
  • jamesi 9 Dec 2012 05:04:01 200 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't think the nuns things is enough to ruin the game to be fair that's an over reaction though i found attack of the saints an annoying level.it's still classic hitman for the most part but the "story" is dreadfull really generic and weak.Parts feel bolted on.For me the thing that saves the game are the things that are unique to hitman in terms of different ways to complete missions and variety.it's strange cos it does feel like a confused game that's lost direction at times.Had a hell of a time getting past 1st part of blackwater hard to get past so many gaurds and still play it like a stealth game.
  • itinkuravinalaff 9 Dec 2012 20:11:21 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is this game good? Didn't like the demo for Hitman blood money, but if the game play is changed then that and the fact its only 15 for the PS3 l might get it!
  • oldschoolsoviet 9 Dec 2012 20:44:23 5,459 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The demo for Blood Money is unrepresentative of the actual game, but Absolution is unrepresentative of Hitman.

Decisions......
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 11:08:20
    Can anyone that's completed it tell me if there are any more levels like the King of Chinatown one?

I've just escaped from the hotel and thought that that level was poorly designed and I don't really want to play more levels like that.

But I loved the open-endedness of the Chinatown levels.
  • spamdangled 14 Dec 2012 11:12:32 27,276 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Can anyone that's completed it tell me if there are any more levels like the King of Chinatown one?

I've just escaped from the hotel and thought that that level was poorly designed and I don't really want to play more levels like that.

But I loved the open-endedness of the Chinatown levels.
    Yeah there's quite a few of them. Shaving Lenny, Death Factory, Skurkey's Law and Fight Night are all stand outs for me. It's punctuated with smaller open levels like Birdie's Gift and Welcome to Hope.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• kinky_mong 14 Dec 2012 11:16:32 10,107 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got this for 50p last night after trading in a couple of games at GAME and getting a much better price than I was expecting for them.

Even if it is a poor excuse for a Hitman game I'll still get my money's worth!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Shikasama 14 Dec 2012 11:21:05 6,712 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Death Factory is a strange level. Dull as fuck for the most part but with the most amusing kills in the game.
  • 1Dgaf 14 Dec 2012 11:29:38 3,791 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, Death Factory is one of the poorer levels.

• spamdangled 14 Dec 2012 12:48:15 27,276 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    Yes, Death Factory is one of the poorer levels.
    Really? It's one of my favourites.

/shrug

In terms of poor levels, Attack of the Saints is easily up there for me. The first two areas are pretty restrictive, there's little scope for imaginative kills and that fucking cornfield at the end is a pain in the arse.

Nice idea, but it could have been executed far better. Perhaps by having one of the saints actually inside the Farmhouse and giving more opportunities for accident kills.

• 1Dgaf 14 Dec 2012 13:28:36 3,791 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well the ground and first floor were pretty much just corridors, leading to the bit where the scientists were. So that kind of layout didn't seem that interesting.

• mikeck 14 Dec 2012 14:41:12 1,930 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado I just played that level last night, loved the Cornfield, meant lots of sneaky kills :)

Also, hiding in the open as a Scarecrow was lots of fun
  • bobdebob 15 Dec 2012 20:15:11 580 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can't believe they actually brought Hitman's stupid backstory to the forefront.
  • itinkuravinalaff 16 Dec 2012 11:28:24 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm trying very hard to be a silent killer but end up fooking it up, killing everyone, explosions everywhere, people screaming,(I dont kill civilians) utter bloodbath tiz with me casually tramping through the carnage like the terminater! :-D Absolute Absolution! And it's fab!
  • itinkuravinalaff 17 Dec 2012 12:17:02 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tell you what I'm unexpectedly having a ball with this game. Graphics are top notch and amazing detail and clarity and the gameplay is spot on with good shooting, cover and stealth mechanics. Glad I went ahead and got it for 19.99 with free 30 day psn+!
  • wayneh 24 Dec 2012 22:26:45 2,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't play this game, when I put the disc in it say update 1.02 is available but then it gives me error (80029563) and goes back to the xmb

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Page

of 43 First / Last