Hitman: Absolution Page 38

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• Rusty_M 29 Nov 2012 12:16:46 4,690 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    I've kinda taken a break from this game atm... got to the court house level and f*ck is it hard. There are just police everywhere and if you try and disguse yourself as one you get spotted almost instantly.
    That place became a bloodbath when I played. I got some ideas though.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• ram 29 Nov 2012 12:25:13 3,481 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've only played for about 3 hours, but for the vast majority of that time it's been more like HidenSeekman, rather than Hitman.

I'm still enjoying it somewhat, and I like stealth as much as the next fake mustachioed hitman, but come-on! I'm a Fighter, not a Hider.
  • Adamical 29 Nov 2012 16:35:33 314 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got this on rental, and I'm a little confused: if I kill someone and hide their body before activating a checkpoint, if I reload, the person I killed is alive and back on patrol?! What's that all about? So basically, checkpoints are purely for your physical progress through the level rather than toward the objective.

And then there's points. I took a guy out a minute ago, giving me -130, then hit a checkpoint. After that I discovered a nearby hiding place so I put the body in it, giving me +130. I fucked up shortly after, but when I reloaded, I had -130 and the guard was alive and on patrol again!

Is it me or is that total bullshit?
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 17:14:53
    Yeah I find the checkpoints to be a bit wank.

About halfway through the game now

PIGS + LANDMINES :-(
  • DuvaDan88 29 Nov 2012 21:47:07 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What the hell! I've just turned it on to tick of some challenges and my save file is corrupted. Lost expert play through (about half way) all the challenges I've done all gone 84 I think, everything apart from the contract stuff. Why has this happened?

I'm considering get rid now not playing it all again I sunk a lot of time into it and have others to play. What a good waste of time that was.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• oldschoolsoviet 29 Nov 2012 22:04:41 5,478 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Posted a few pages back, known issue unfortunately.
  • Zizoo 29 Nov 2012 22:07:06 8,378 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shit. Sorry, DuvaDan. :(

I really must sort out my save backup...
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 22:22:24 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ram it gets better. Three hours in is early days, so unless youve been rushing it I assume you're still relatively early into the campaign.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 22:24:53 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DuvaDan88 wrote:
    What the hell! I've just turned it on to tick of some challenges and my save file is corrupted. Lost expert play through (about half way) all the challenges I've done all gone 84 I think, everything apart from the contract stuff. Why has this happened?

I'm considering get rid now not playing it all again I sunk a lot of time into it and have others to play. What a good waste of time that was.
    Ouch! Bad news.

Has there been any official acknowledgement of this issue yet? Seems to be worryingly common and I know they've stated to adress the suspicion imbalance. Dont know if theyve said anything about the other concerns and personally I'd say corrupted saves should take priority.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• DuvaDan88 29 Nov 2012 23:15:16 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:

If your on the 360 just do it to the cloud takes 5 seconds at most. I'm going to have to start doing this with more game saves I think. I've been looking it up and they know it happening but haven't said anything else and that was 3 days ago... :(

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Rodriguez 29 Nov 2012 23:49:27 1,094 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    DuvaDan88 wrote:

Ouch! Bad news.

Has there been any official acknowledgement of this issue yet? Seems to be worryingly common and I know they've stated to adress the suspicion imbalance. Dont know if theyve said anything about the other concerns and personally I'd say corrupted saves should take priority.
    DUFFMAN5 posted a link a few pages back to a site that questioned Square Enix/IO on the issue. They said it was their 'no.1 priority' to fix the save bug asap. Sadly, knowing the speed at which the console manufacturers allow patches to be released, it could be a little while before there is a fix! Hopefully they're already at the 'certification' stage now!

Anyway, I'm in the R&D lab of the factory now - just got a scientist target to set his head on fire testing a baldness cure :lol:! Was pissing myself, it was funny as fuck!
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 00:01:24 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DuvaDan88 wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:

If your on the 360 just do it to the cloud takes 5 seconds at most. I'm going to have to start doing this with more game saves I think. I've been looking it up and they know it happening but haven't said anything else and that was 3 days ago... :(
    It would be very nice if you could set it up so that regular automatic backups of save games was a matter of fact rather than being forced to do it manually every single time for every single game.

Especially considering how corrupted saves seem to be becoming much more common on consoles as they slowly march towards blurring the lines between games console, set-top entertainment hub and desktop PC in terms of both services, function and diversity of skuS.

• spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 00:03:40 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rodriguez

Good to hear, but I accept your point about the patching process whilst also feeling the need to point out that in an ideal world something this common and this serious really, really should have been picked up and fixed during the QA testing process, especially considering that the game wasn't exactly rushed through development.

• 1Dgaf 30 Nov 2012 00:10:41 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My initial excitement has lessened. It seems like there's freedom for creativity, but I'm not sure how much there is.

I'm still playing, because I want to find different ways of doing things. I think what I'd like is some kind of fast forward system, where I can speed up the routes NPCS take etc. some kind of system where I can experiment more. Even if it's a separate laboratory mode.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 00:21:06 30-11-2012

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Rodriguez 30 Nov 2012 00:52:30 1,094 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Rodriguez

Good to hear, but I accept your point about the patching process whilst also feeling the need to point out that in an ideal world something this common and this serious really, really should have been picked up and fixed during the QA testing process, especially considering that the game wasn't exactly rushed through development.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree - it's piss poor when a bug that serious slips through the net before release. It's the same with something like the PS3 version of Skyrim; these games just shouldn't be released when they contain such game destroying bugs or faults especially considering, however unlikely in this day and age, not everyone will have access to or can afford the internet. Without any access to update their games some people would be left with a completely broken product which is disgraceful.

On the flip side, for the majority that can update their games, the patching process should be much faster and be completely free no matter how many updates are needed. Funnily enough it's a point that was made just the other day by a former Xbox creator who said the situation with Fez not being updated on 360, because it wasn't cost effective for the dev to do so (after the first 'free' patch that Microsoft allow), was ludicrous and damaging to the home console market especially in the face of competition from companies like Apple and their approach to patching/updates. I think it's fair to say that the monetisation of game patches/essential updates is something that is a real low point for the 'console' industry. Obviously you don't want to encourage devs to release even more broken products, knowing they can patch it as much as they like later on, but it would certainly be more preferable to allow console patches and updates to be quick and free for the benefit of both devs and gamers, especially with the likes of Steam and the mobile app markets doing it as standard.
  • 1Dgaf 1 Dec 2012 02:29:27 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scoring on this is odd. During one section, I had to go from one end of an area to another. I didn't have any targets. It took a few restarts, but i went through quickly, without being spotted (just the yellow indicators). The only thing I used was a knife to distract someone.

I got 6,500 for doing the mission and that's it. If they want me to be stealthy, why not acknowledge it?

• 1Dgaf 1 Dec 2012 07:08:03 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm second highest in the world on the No Hope Streets contract.

On 360

Edited by 1Dgaf at 09:51:20 01-12-2012

• Zizoo 1 Dec 2012 08:05:01 8,378 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I havent played in a couple of days and I'm half asleep, but doesnt a yellow indicator arrow mean you have been spotted somewhat? Either way it should tell you at the end on the scoring screen.

Edited by ZizouFC at 08:06:05 01-12-2012
  • Shikasama 1 Dec 2012 08:57:57 6,836 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm upto Sanchez now and I must admit, I'm starting to just wish the game was over. The Hope levels were good hitman levels but I'm really glad I paid 15 quid for this and not 40
  • Shikasama 1 Dec 2012 09:43:02 6,836 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On sections without a target you don't get a Silent Assassin Bonus.

On sections with a target you get a Silent Assassin bonus modifier to your section score for killing the targets without being spotted and without any non-target casualties.

Your end level rating is based purely on the points accrued throughout the level.

That is what I have gathered. I've done levels wgetting Silent Assassin bonuses on each target section but not got the rank at the end because I didn't get enough evidence/challenges etc.

Edited by Shikasama at 09:43:49 01-12-2012
  • 1Dgaf 1 Dec 2012 09:44:16 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks chaps.

• Syrette 1 Dec 2012 15:06:57 43,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

• Zizoo 1 Dec 2012 15:14:41 8,378 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fix
  • Sniffer 1 Dec 2012 16:07:32 328 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oo, 24.99 on Amazon...

Yeah, go on then.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-Hitman-Absolution-Xbox/dp/B0051NNV5M/ref=zg_bs_videogames_16
  • Rodriguez 1 Dec 2012 17:31:30 1,094 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    I'm second highest in the world on the No Hope Streets contract.

On 360
    Sorry gaf, just nicked your no.2 in the world position ;)
  • 1Dgaf 1 Dec 2012 18:00:45 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's all right chap. I didn't think it would last long.

• Zizoo 1 Dec 2012 18:49:10 8,378 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodriguez

Any new contracts in the works? :)
  • Rodriguez 1 Dec 2012 19:00:26 1,094 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    That's all right chap. I didn't think it would last long.
    Indeed, we've both dropped another place to a new no.1! Still, I reckon we scored well enough on that map to stay in the top ten for a while yet.
  • Rodriguez 1 Dec 2012 19:05:54 1,094 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Rodriguez

Yeah, I keep meaning to do one zizou! I have to confess however, that I'm desperately trying to get off the 'Attack of the Saints' level in the main story at the moment. Playing on Expert difficulty now and it's tough as old boots. If I get spotted it's insta-death from the ICA operative guys as your health starts so low due to that rocket launcher attack on the motel and they all carry high powered automatic rifles :-(.
  • Shikasama 1 Dec 2012 19:08:32 6,836 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Rodriguez

Yeah, I keep meaning to do one zizou! I have to confess however, that I'm desperately trying to get off the 'Attack of the Saints' level in the main story at the moment. Playing on Expert difficulty now and it's tough as old boots. If I get spotted it's insta-death from the ICA operative guys as your health starts so low due to that rocket launcher attack on the motel and they all carry high powered automatic rifles :-(.
    You have to really cheese distraction objects on that level
  • Page

of 43 First / Last