Hitman: Absolution Page 37

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 21:45:46 7,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @darkmorgado

Yeah it was the bonus points from the fibre wire kill and hide the body

Thought my dropping a pallet on his head, with 3 policemen standing next to him. Killing the target in a perfect accident on Purist difficult level without any damage being done to the 3 policemen well maybe some mental damage, my 47 literally feet away from the police. Then calmly strolling past them to the exit had more charm to it.

That's why this scoring system is a bit off.

Also about that drug dealer, believe he won't start moving until you locate the King. Then they have their chat about meeting. Stick to the outskirts of the map, get the poison, then goto the hidden stash and poison it. Then the dealer picks up the package and it goes from there. The package is always there in the rubbish until the dealer picks it up

Think there are 4 ways in total to use the poison I believe

Stupid way of doing the hit

Change into dealers disguise, goto his room, can see the Kings car from there, silenced pistol shoot the car, make sure you aren't too near the window, car alarm goes off, King runs to the car, shoot red explosive barrels, one roasted king. On purist level is an extra cop at the car so have to make sure they aren't there or they will be caught in the blast

Edited by fletch7100 at 21:55:53 28-11-2012
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 21:57:06 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure about the drug dealer - When I was going for the sniper kill I went immediately to the apartment to get the sniper rifle instead of locating the King first (because obviously he is in the pagoda) but they still had the phone call when I snuck in and hid in the cupboard.

Maybe locating either of them triggers it all?

I know he won't go down the stairs until he has that meeting. There's some sort of stash down there you can only see if he's rummaging, but fuck knows how to manipulate it. I was hoping you could poison that stash with the fugu instead of the stash in the apartment, so then maybe he snorts and poisons himself (an interesting way of offing the dealer indirectly for a Contracts mission) or directly hands the poison stash to the king in the pagoda and then maybe the guards take him out when the king immediately die or something (an interesting way of achieving a clean silent assassin double kill), but no matter how many times I tried it I couldn't use this damned "poison drug stash" thing that popped up for literally less than a second if you sneak up behind him when he is down the steps.

Only thing I can think of is that the drugs were originally there before a design change moved them to the apartment, but the button prompt was overlooked and will still show up for a split second before the game recognises the discrepancy and reconciles it.

Your "stupid" way of doing the hit is actually an interesting alternative to killing him at the car without using the remote detonator, which would free that up for a second target in contracts meaning you could get two explosion kills on targets at different ends of the map. Might make for an interesting Contract to confuse some people :-)

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:01:48 28-11-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 22:05:33 7,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No I poisoned the hidden stash before the dealer gets there. Then wait until the dealer turns up, he takes the package to the king. Then they both go back to the dealers room then the king gets poisoned. One way of doing it
  • DuvaDan88 28 Nov 2012 22:13:22 542 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im really enjoying this just wish more of my friends bought it! Only two bought it 1 has moved and hasn't got round to getting the internet yet so we cant even see what contracts is like and the other one is based in Germany for the army and is back here for three weeks training but can get the game till his back there as that where his xbox lives... If anyone is looking for a contract to play or has some to play my tag is DuvaDan would be good to have a few people on my friend list who have it

Edited by DuvaDan88 at 22:13:36 28-11-2012

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 22:19:38 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DuvaDan88

PS3 or Xbox?

Edit: NM you mention playing with your mate on xbox, which means you must be on xbox too.

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:20:18 28-11-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Shikasama 28 Nov 2012 22:31:52 7,068 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I know he won't go down the stairs until he has that meeting. There's some sort of stash down there you can only see if he's rummaging, but fuck knows how to manipulate it. I was hoping you could poison that stash with the fugu instead of the stash in the apartment, so then maybe he snorts and poisons himself (an interesting way of offing the dealer indirectly for a Contracts mission) or directly hands the poison stash to the king in the pagoda and then maybe the guards take him out when the king immediately die or something (an interesting way of achieving a clean silent assassin double kill), but no matter how many times I tried it I couldn't use this damned "poison drug stash" thing that popped up for literally less than a second if you sneak up behind him when he is down the steps.
    That's exactly how I did it.

Get fish, poison stash, wait, done.

Takes about 6 minutes. I assumed thats how everyone would do that the first time.
  • DuvaDan88 28 Nov 2012 22:47:31 542 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado Yeah xbox 360

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• joeymoto108 28 Nov 2012 23:56:58 654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @WoodenSpoon
    I'm only as far as Dexter labs but I agree, it's pretty shit.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 00:17:00 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    That's exactly how I did it.

Takes about 6 minutes. I assumed thats how everyone would do that the first time.
    No, because there's a stash in the room you can poison too.

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 00:52:09 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The more I'm reading other people's ways of doing it, the more possibilities I see even in levels where I thought I'd seen everything!

So good for Contracts.

On another note, I have a game design for making a 2d side-on Hitman game that would use touchscreen controls whilst still preserving all of the mechanics we identify with Hitman (disguises, sneaking, accidents, multiple routes and ways of killing the target, etc). It's been something that originally occurred to me after playing Exit on PSP where the player character had an uncanny resemblance to 47, my experiences playing Flashback reinforced that sneaking can be done in side-on, and bizarrely my recent play of Ghost trick showed me a way to get that all going smoothly and intuitively with touch controls whilst giving clear environments and great sprite animation. Then that Castlevania XBLA game from the other year (not the port of Symphony) solved the problem of being able to plan ahead without trial and error to get to know the layout, while the phenomenon of team fortress hats combined with the popular habit of tracking a % complete bar gave me a way of melding obtained disguises with character customisation options so you could play as "47" without being 47 and thus infringing trademarks and copyright.

And then the variety in Absolution where not all levels are abut killing targets led me to a way of including mission goal variety beyond just killing stuff and replay value without breaking the expectation that a hitman should only be about the killing (so you wouldn't just play a hitman, but a thief would have his own levels where, say, instead of killing someone his goal was to steal something).

Then the recent talk about GTAV has PCs that have their own missions and abilities, but occasional missions where they need to work together, gave me a way of giving each character distinct solo levels with different gameplay styles whilst also bringing them together for more epic levels so that the campaigns didn't feel as disparate and unrelated.

And, and and...

Suffice it to say, I think I have a pretty fleshed out game design for an interesting multi-format game compatible with touch and pad that can provide a classic hitman experience, a classic Thief experience and a new one where you're not committing a crime directly but going in and covering up the evidence of one, all working for one underground illicit agency "We kill, we clean out and then we clean up" acting as a sort of go-to contractor for organised crime - which is open for loads of story possibilities acting as a loose narrative thread that gradually ties those three seemingly separate campaigns together.

Long and tangenital post there, I just wanted to share something that some people might find a bit cool to read about. I think a lot of the next week will be writing this all up in a design doc along with some demonstrative illustrated level layouts.

Also whilst thinking through all this I got an idea to make a ghost-trick style game work in a 3d gameworld using kinect and motion control intuitively and even the wiiu gamepad, thought it is a very bare bones idea at the moment that I've put on my mental backburner.

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 00:55:46 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    @WoodenSpoon
    I'm only as far as Dexter labs but I agree, it's pretty shit.
    yeah, it is pretty crap. nothing really rings true and it's clunky. both of which make it a bit of a chore to play, it's just uninspired... ah well.

thankfully far cry 3 should get here tomorrow.
    Dexter Labs (do you mean Dexter Industries, the long avoiding level or Death Factory, the hit mission inside the company? Assuming the former) is a bit shit in SP (though a nice change of pace with a lot of fun to be had once you're out of the mines) but again is rife with possibilities for Contracts.

The level after is great though. Classic Hitman.

• 1Dgaf 29 Nov 2012 01:16:38 3,911 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Even when try to play carefully, it turns into a bloodbath.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• WoodenSpoon 29 Nov 2012 01:57:32 12,294 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's the thing, the levels aren't big enough for there to be genuinely original approaches - you just walk in a straight line, face a shoot/strangle/push decision, walk a bit more, face a shoot/strangle/loosen disco ball decision, walk a bit more, etc...

In the old ones you actually had to plan an approach and a route that'd allow you to hit your objectives, in this the game you're told which route to take and every now and again you get to make a meaningless decision.
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 05:12:46 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Youre not really told what route to take. You're given a destination/ target and are plonked ina place with multiple ways to get there. Some areas admittedly are chokepoints that force you down a single corridor, but even in that corridor there is always at least 3routes through it (such as the basement in rosewood) at each turning - so in rosewood basement there are three ways past the initial starting point, then three ways past the area after the turning, then another three ways past the more open area). Then when youre in the final section with wade, there are multiple ways to take him out including one that never leads to that daft bit with goons all over the place at all.

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 05:14:20 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are levels in Hitman games previously that have been so open and labyrinthine that they have ended up more confusing than liberating - sich as the white house level in blood money.

• Ziz0u 29 Nov 2012 07:24:20 8,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodriguez

I saw that. It was ok, but just making not being a spotted a stipulation would've made it much better.

Go for it! I'll still be playing this. Not getting a Wii U, and will pick up FC3 over Christmas.
  • Ziz0u 29 Nov 2012 07:27:01 8,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @1Dgaf

Maybe watch a couple of Youtube vids of levels you have completed.

I think the problem is you don't restart when spotted? That's probably a good thing. I have a nasty habit of restarting when shit hits the fan. Especially in this one with the scoring system taunting me.
  • ram 29 Nov 2012 07:40:28 3,485 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:

Long and tangenital post there, I just wanted to share something that some people might find a bit cool to read about. I think a lot of the next week will be writing this all up in a design doc along with some demonstrative illustrated level layouts.

quote]

Sunbathing nude at this time of year?
  • munki83 29 Nov 2012 08:22:10 1,445 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got my copy from amazon and after the first few levels I like it. Loved the China town king assassination as I had so many options and it looks stunning even on ps3. I was never a huge fan of hitman I got hitman 2 free with a sound card and thought it was ok and I have blood money but it kept crashing on me. Anyway will be enjoying this and far cry 3 this Xmas
  • Ziz0u 29 Nov 2012 08:44:35 8,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tonight I am going to try kill the prof in Death Factory by shooting the glass floor out from under him. Looks like it will be tricky pulling it off while blending in with the guards stationed in that area.
  • 1Dgaf 29 Nov 2012 10:42:36 3,911 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC It sounds like it, doesn't it? Actually I'm restarting often. It's just that I get into situations where I can't seem to find anyone to subdue and steal their stuff.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 11:26:46 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Tonight I am going to try kill the prof in Death Factory by shooting the glass floor out from under him. Looks like it will be tricky pulling it off while blending in with the guards stationed in that area.
    It's a lot easier than it looks actually. Thee's a lof of conveniently placed chests around the outer circle.

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 11:28:00 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ram wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:

Sunbathing nude at this time of year?
    ... Where did that come from? ;-)

Edited by darkmorgado at 11:28:46 29-11-2012

• Whizzo 29 Nov 2012 11:37:32 43,264 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:That's exactly how I did it.

It's quite fun to take a decent position outside and below the room and watch it all unfold using instinct.

This space left intentionally blank.

• SlackMaster 29 Nov 2012 11:59:51 3,134 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've kinda taken a break from this game atm... got to the court house level and f*ck is it hard. There are just police everywhere and if you try and disguse yourself as one you get spotted almost instantly.
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 12:08:16 27,421 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    I've kinda taken a break from this game atm... got to the court house level and f*ck is it hard. There are just police everywhere and if you try and disguse yourself as one you get spotted almost instantly.
    Its tricky but... Use your Judgement to find an easier path ;-)

• Ziz0u 29 Nov 2012 12:08:44 8,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:That's exactly how I did it.

It's quite fun to take a decent position outside and below the room and watch it all unfold using instinct.
    Haha, yeah. The drug dealer shits himself!
  • Page

of 43 First / Last