Hitman: Absolution Page 36

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 19:32:04 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Meh, that section is quick and easy once you have your routine worked out.

It makes for a pretty good Contract too.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Shikasama 28 Nov 2012 19:33:23 6,615 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All I wanted to do was travel the world, meet new people...then kill them.

IS THAT SO WRONG
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 19:42:32 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    All I wanted to do was travel the world, meet new people...then kill them.

IS THAT SO WRONG
    Hang on, you're only on Rosewood?

Dude, you haven't even got through the first act. You're not even a third of the way through the game (more like 1/6th)! I thought by how vocally you were putting forward all your complaints they were based on a wider, more complete experience of the game as a whole, not just by what is basically just the opening handful of levels setting up all the really good ones! You haven't even experienced the glory of Shaving Lenny!

Perservere mate. Get through Rosewood, and you have a series of belters coming your way, before another brief disappointment in Dexter Industries followed by some more belters.

And those shit levels? They seriously come into their own on Contracts mode.

Edited by darkmorgado at 19:43:05 28-11-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Shikasama 28 Nov 2012 20:02:51 6,615 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How vocally I was putting forward all of my complaints?

I said I enjoyed the Hitman stuff but thought the no scoring police zones were crap and the fuse collecitng is crap. It's hardly burning at the stake.

I think I'm just going to drop the difficulty. How tightly they pack the enemies on Hard is getting to the point of ridiculous when your trying to get the silent assasin/infiltrator/suit only stuff.

That's why it's taking so long. It's good for my score (600,000 up to now) but it's becoming increasingly annoying.
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 20:07:57 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well you mentioned the prominence of being on the run from the police for one, and the lack of killing levels.

Those things are only prominent and lacking (respectively) because your only frame of reference is a very small slice of the game so far :-)

In other words, it gets better!

And honestly, at some point try the "shit" levels in Contracts mode and suddenly they become classic hitman levels rife with possibilities - only because of the nature of Contracts, they are no longer one level but a near-infinite number of different levels within the confines of one geographical space - i.e, an absolute tonne of good levels full to bursting with head-scratchy hitman goodness.

Shikasama wrote:
    I think I'm just going to drop the difficulty. How tightly they pack the enemies on Hard is getting to the point of ridiculous when your trying to get the silent assasin/infiltrator/suit only stuff.
    Well the balance changes they are making to suspicion/disguises should take the edge off that once the patch goes live (though,and I'm not bragging here, I haven't really had too much problem on Hard at all. Areas are much thicker with enemies making them harder, but they are still perfectly doable with good timing and observation and a bit more forward planning and patience. And I'm one of those gaming sadists that actually gets more enjoyment from besting an unforgiving/borderline unfair challenge. It gives me that David and Goliath feeling of triumph against the odds). But not only will you have fewer guards (meaning, I think, if you go to make a contract in it later then you will have fewer potential targets to play with), but also - at least on Rosewood - your path through will totally change because the placement of one of the fuses will change, bypassing one area completely (arguably the hardest one in that section) because you no longer have any need to go there (unless you're looking to get the evidence).

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:19:02 28-11-2012

• Shikasama 28 Nov 2012 20:10:15 6,615 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Right, you convinced me, I'm dropping down to normal so I can get to the better levels.
  • Zizoo 28 Nov 2012 20:17:28 8,113 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I'm in Dexter Industries now. Not a fan but I am enjoying the chance to practice my sneaking skills for when I go Suit Only next playthrough. I am getting better. I had no idea that instinct didn't deplete when you're just looking around,only when blending in!

Looking forward to some proper Hitman levels after this.

Oh and thanks for the tips, DM. I'll address them properly when I get to a PC. :)
  • fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 20:17:48 6,979 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @darkmorgado

Not too Bothered by DLC for this. Trade in and get as much value as I can against Far Cry 3. If DLC is good will just rent it from Lovefilm. Completed it and got all 1000gs, first time I have done that in ages. Still haven't fully completed Blood money yet :)

That King of Chinatown level stills pisses me off. With fully mastered and purist difficulty, got the accident kill using drop dead challenge, got the evidence, no one else killed or Hurt, stayed in the suit for the whole level still only get 269,100 points(used 3 different versions of the poisoned kill which gave me the same score and a different way of blowing the car up stupid way actually) Still short by 800 points of the top scores on the SP global leader board. No idea what those players are doing to get the extra points

Edited by fletch7100 at 20:25:15 28-11-2012
  • jack24 28 Nov 2012 20:20:44 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does no one else think that changing the disguise suystem will break this game's mechanics? It seems fairly clear that if you're trespassing with a disguise that they want you to still generally remain hidden but you just have a bit more leeway. If you could just wander around like older hitmans I would imagine the levels are going to reveal themselves as being alot smaller than they seem!
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 20:21:20 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Yeah I'm in Dexter Industries now. Not a fan but I am enjoying the chance to practice my sneaking skills for when I go Suit Only next playthrough. I am getting better. I had no idea that instinct didn't deplete when you're just looking around,only when blending in!

Looking forward to some proper Hitman levels after this.

Oh and thanks for the tips, DM. I'll address them properly when I get to a PC. :)
    Yeah it took me a while to realise that on instinct too, the game doesn't make it clear what uses instinct and what doesn't, it just sort of implies that instinct will always deplete whenever you use the button, when really it only depletes when you're actively "blending in".

Not an awful lot of help on Purist or if you've disabled all those bits via the menu options of course, but it can save your bacon on Hard by giving you a helping hand with getting your timing down and surroundings down when sneaking around.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:22:13 28-11-2012

• jack24 28 Nov 2012 20:23:55 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @fletch7100

Depending on how you're killing him you might not be getting the silent kill and hidden body bonus. Staying in suit and accident kills aren't actually getting you bonus points either...
  • jack24 28 Nov 2012 20:24:47 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 20:26:56 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @fletch7100

Instead of Drop Dead, try the Man Down challenge. It should save you a little bit of time by cutting out the manual labour needed to hide the body after the kill, resulting in a quicker exit and a higher time bonus. That might be where you're going wrong (obviously get the evidence before the kill, because time starts ticking once you've made your kill and it's all about the time bonus baby)

Also, and I don't know if there is an opportunity here or not

• jack24 28 Nov 2012 20:28:38 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought he was talking about SP leaderboards :/
  • smoothpete 28 Nov 2012 20:34:07 31,342 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DM you are actually putting me off this even more with your boundless and detailed enthusiasm.
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 20:34:25 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jack24 wrote:
    @fletch7100

Depending on how you're killing him you might not be getting the silent kill and hidden body bonus. Staying in suit and accident kills aren't actually getting you bonus points either...
    Accident kills will get him a challenge complete bonus (target killed + accident + (potentially) body hidden + mastery bonus). Grabbing the evidence first will get the evidence bonus. Suit only will get the challenge bonus. Not spotted + undetected body will get Silent Assassin. And you can get the hidden body bonus without hiding him manually. And of course the faster the exit after the kill = the higher the time bonus.

I have a feeling, if he does all of that, he will see his score go up to a more competitive; potentially winning lead over the opposition.

• fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 20:34:59 6,979 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jack24

Well Hitman is about accident kills being the top graded kill. The police reported it as an accident and no evidence to link it to me Got the silent assassin point bonus, signature kill etc, never spotted during the level

Just want to know where these players get extra 800 points from when I preformed a prefect accident kill, never spotted, no witnesses and recovered the evidence. I played it on purist difficulty and with the fully mastered level bonus as well

If I hid the body only extra 350 points or so

Just got me wondering what else I can do on that level.
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 20:35:10 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    DM you are actually putting me off this even more with your boundless and detailed enthusiasm.
    glol!

Just imagine my big, goon-like grin plastered all over my face whilst playing.

• fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 20:38:14 6,979 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This is on SP so no time bonus, plus where I do the accident kill is next to the exit.
  • smoothpete 28 Nov 2012 20:39:20 31,342 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    glol!

Just imagine my big, goon-like grin plastered all over my face whilst playing.
    Great now I'm never going to finish it.

Ho hum. Think I'll put it to one side for a while in favour of Far Cry.
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 20:47:26 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @jack24

Well Hitman is about accident kills being the top graded kill. The police reported it as an accident and no evidence to link it to me Got the silent assassin point bonus, signature kill etc, never spotted during the level

Just want to know where these players get extra 800 points from when I preformed a prefect accident kill, never spotted, no witnesses and recovered the evidence. I played it on purist difficulty and with the fully mastered level bonus as well

If I hid the body only extra 350 points or so

Just got me wondering what else I can do on that level.
    Hide body, but try the kill I outlined above that means you don't have to hide the body to get the bonus (it makes sense once you do it, trust me). This means you will get the bonus without those points being cancelled out by an even greater amount (resulting in an actual net loss instead of a gain) by the longer time it will take you to get the exit by doing it manually.

I also have a feeling (well, sort of memory, I might be wrong) you will get points for the act of poisoning the various things in the level alone even if they aren't what then kills the target.

So I think your route needs to be evidence - get poison - poison everything - accident kill including hide body - run to exit.

I think.

I'm trying to remember the dealer's route in case you could get points for his kill as well but at the same time (which would mean bumpy bumpy, beepy beepy, boom and bleed for both targets in the same place.

One thing I do know but have never managed to exploit due to either sloppy controls or my timing not being good enough, is what whenever I followed the dealer down the steps to the corner, for a brief second if I have the poison an option to poison drugs in his pocket is clearly visible but doesn't flag as actually able to interactive.

• fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 20:58:47 6,979 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Panic over did it got the score I needed:), now just got to connected to Xbox live next time for it to register.

Still had blood money mindset when accident kills were rated higher, less evidence against you, make it look like an accident. Forgot that this game doesn't think like that.

Shit still pulled off prefect accident kill in front of 3 watching policeman but it scores lower than a easy fiber wire kill
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 21:02:01 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    NM

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:03:37 28-11-2012

• spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 21:02:58 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Panic over did it got the score I needed:), now just got to connected to Xbox live next time for it to register.

Still had blood money mindset when accident kills were rated higher, less evidence against you, make it look like an accident. Forgot that this game doesn't think like that.

Shit still pulled off prefect accident kill in front of 3 watching policeman but it scores lower than a easy fiber wire kill
    That's... odd. Is it because of the signature bonus from using the garotte?

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:03:21 28-11-2012

• Shikasama 28 Nov 2012 21:03:31 6,615 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Well the balance changes they are making to suspicion/disguises should take the edge off that once the patch goes live (though,and I'm not bragging here, I haven't really had too much problem on Hard at all. Areas are much thicker with enemies making them harder, but they are still perfectly doable with good timing and observation and a bit more forward planning and patience. And I'm one of those gaming sadists that actually gets more enjoyment from besting an unforgiving/borderline unfair challenge. It gives me that David and Goliath feeling of triumph against the odds). But not only will you have fewer guards (meaning, I think, if you go to make a contract in it later then you will have fewer potential targets to play with), but also - at least on Rosewood - your path through will totally change because the placement of one of the fuses will change, bypassing one area completely (arguably the hardest one in that section) because you no longer have any need to go there (unless you're looking to get the evidence).
    I think it's because I do what you advised again - I restart to checkpoint every time I've been spotted because I want that 'perfect' run. I might just sack that off because I think it's starting to harm my chances of enjoying the game properly.
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 21:04:20 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You mean what I advised against.

• WoodenSpoon 28 Nov 2012 21:08:32 12,279 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Give it up guys; the game's a lost cause.
  • Shikasama 28 Nov 2012 21:08:41 6,615 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah that's what I meant..I'm being distracted by the missus watching Keeping up with the Kardashians.
  • spamdangled 28 Nov 2012 21:10:51 27,269 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @WoodenSpoons

Not if you've got somewhere to turn to for advice and suggestions when you get stuck/frustrated/confused it isn't. Which is what this thread is as well as being a place to swap opinions and ratings.

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:11:15 28-11-2012

• WoodenSpoon 28 Nov 2012 21:31:10 12,279 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No I mean because it's rubbish!

:p

Edited by WoodenSpoon at 21:31:21 28-11-2012
  • Page

of 43 First / Last