Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Get a crack/coke habit.
    You won't feel like eating at all.
  • Zomoniac 21 Jul 2010 12:45:54 7,811 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    This is the training plan I used when I started running last year. A couple of weeks after finishing that I finished a 5k race in sub 25mins so it does work.

That looks handy, thanks for that. As I've been doing a bit of running for a few weeks do you think it's safe to skip to week 3 or 4? Or should I play it safe and start from the beginning? Will it make my Nike+ sensor have a fit? :)
  • Zomoniac 21 Jul 2010 12:47:22 7,811 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    Get a crack/coke habit.

Get a norovirus. I ate literally nothing in six days, lost over a stone. Put it back on within 6 months, mind, but then I was a fat motherfucker with no self-discipline.
  • TheSaint 21 Jul 2010 12:48:12 14,201 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I skipped the first couple as well and it was fine.
  • matt6666 21 Jul 2010 14:12:30 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    Get a crack/coke habit.

Was gonna suggest puking, but didn't have the balls because the serious nutritionists would shit on me.

Brave man!
  • Deckard1 21 Jul 2010 14:45:20 27,275 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've used it to get high before - its horrible, makes your head feel like it got ants crawling on it. Still though, my mate had a fat sister who was trying to loose weight with it so we had a few weeks of tingly scalps when we went out.
  • presh 21 Jul 2010 15:37:22 1,221 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @robthehermit

Rob, I'm currently 110Kg and 6'2" - about 1-2 stone above my ideal weight. Sounds like there are similarities in that I too can completely binge on food just through being able to eat massive portions of things I love - it's all healthy stuff, I just eat too much!

I love sport, but don't have time to do any really - I leave for work at 7.30 am and get home at 7.30pm. So the trick of eating the same amount and exercising more won't work.

It's got to be all about portion control. I'm cutting down by using a smaller plate for food - you still load it up, but it's a smaller amount. If you can avoid the temptation of seconds, you should be fine - a lot of the desire to eat more is psychological rather than physiological - it can take up to 20 minutes for your body to decide it's full after a meal.

Aside from that, some simple diet changes; less bread, try not to eat carbs after 7pm, if you want to snack have fruit, raw veg or something like that.

Change needs to be gradual to take effect, and it's about 6 weeks before you get used to the change in routine and diet.

Good luck!
  • Benno 14 Sep 2010 18:38:42 9,804 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I worked my arse off in the gym and pool. 1 hour in the gym and 1 hour in the pool a week.

2 hours a week? hardcore

/remembers hes on gaming forum
  • InfiniteFury 14 Sep 2010 18:48:05 864 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has there been some sort of advanced spam-fuckhead software released that lets you write something vageuly relevant, then find every thread (on every site on the internet) register you and then post it?

This forum's been going crazy with it this week.
  • von_Doll 14 Sep 2010 19:16:07 2,106 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Three steps to healthy, lasting fat loss:

1. Google Katch-Mcardle and use it accordingly.

2. Excercise (even fat guys have muscle under there, and that WILL go with the flab, at around 75/25, which you do not want) One day weights/compound, one day cardio. Hour a time, at your own pace.

3. Learn the ancient art of self dicipline and re-educate yourself towards food.

If you can't do all three, resign yourself to a life of being a fatty.

• beastmaster 14 Sep 2010 20:08:06 11,205 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've started going to the gym quite a lot over the last month. I'm now doing classes like Body Pump and RPM. As I'm not working at the moment, I though I'd at least do something productive with my time.

My weight has gone up due to the weights but I know I'm loosing body fat. I do have to change my diet though, as the weight would just fly off. Having said that, I changed it this morning to the usual breakfast/lunch/dinner and cut out crap. If I can maintain this, I'll see every day as a victory.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 14 September 2010 23:14:10
    eat small but often, drink plenty of water and avoid fatty/sugary foods.

if you want to lose weight/fat quickly then exercise as well.

you can stay in shape with weights alone, no need for cardio if you're lazy.

probably best to have your three main meals with healthy snacks inbetween. try to have protein with each meal.

my weight has been all over the place, gone from 72kg to 90kg and i'm 6' 1". however, during those 3-4 years i've exercised regularly but gradually done less and less cardio and more and more weights. the only problem is gaining size and having to buy new clothes.

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next