Has anyone used Ephedrine as a means to weight loss?

  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

    Previous
  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2010 07:50:54 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Title says it all really. I'm a bit too rotund for my liking, not obese or anything, just overweight by about 3-4 stone. Anyway, someone suggested that I use Ephedrine as a fat burner, so I was just wondering if anyone here has tried an ECA stack and how they got on with it. Is there anything I need to know?

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • woodnotes 21 Jul 2010 07:57:43 4,923 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Best fat burner I'm aware of is EXERCISE.

    You hermit.
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Jul 2010 07:59:13 14,523 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My mate used it for a while (not me) anyway he did ok on it, but took a lot and he would be shaking like a shitting dog during our workouts. Any weight he lost, he eventually put back on, but that may have been the 'sus.

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • MetalDog 21 Jul 2010 08:03:26 23,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eat less, exercise more. Absolutely foolproof and won't make you the subject of a 'I just wanted to lose weight and now I have cancer of the everything' documentary in twenty years time.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • mwtb 21 Jul 2010 08:09:26 2,381 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anything you need to know? It could make you irritable, shaky, nervous, sweaty, give you heart palpitations and has an outside chance of causing you to drop dead. It's hardly the first thing to try if you've got 3-4 stone to shift.
  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2010 08:09:33 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, I know all about excercise, and could make excuses, but the bottom line is I'm just too lazy to do it.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • ZuluHero 21 Jul 2010 08:11:38 4,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Use the tried and tested technique of one less pie-a-day. No exercise required! The key is to only eat what your body needs. If you're sitting on your arse all day then you only need around 1600 cals. If you’re a keen exerciser you can bump that upto almost 3000. I cut out beer and alcohol and lost over a stone in about 2 months and have never put it back on again.

    But now I pretty much never drink. No big loss for me though, but it really depends on if a) you're serious and b) Ok to lose something that you love to eat/drink.
  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2010 08:14:53 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't really drink anyway, I'll have a bottle of beer once a week or so. I have a tendancy to over eat in the evenings which is my biggest problem. Weekday's I don't tend to eat anything until around 6pm, and then proceed to cram my entire days calorie intake into the next 3 hours.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • ZuluHero 21 Jul 2010 08:17:00 4,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im pretty sure that's part of your problem then, can't you space your food throughout a day, rather than overloading your system in such a short space of time?
  • MetalDog 21 Jul 2010 08:20:26 23,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Number four is applicable - sucks, but true.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2010 08:22:21 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just never fancy eating anything during the day.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • DUFFMAN5 21 Jul 2010 08:26:54 14,523 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Use the tried and tested technique of one less pie-a-day. No exercise required! The key is to only eat what your body needs. If you're sitting on your arse all day then you only need around 1600 cals. If you’re a keen exerciser you can bump that upto almost 3000. I cut out beer and alcohol and lost over a stone in about 2 months and have never put it back on again.

    But now I pretty much never drink. No big loss for me though, but it really depends on if a) you're serious and b) Ok to lose something that you love to eat/drink.

    That first part is not entirely true though. Your body will get used to a calorie amount and adjust accordingly. I started weight training at 19 years old weighing 60 KG's,ate like a mo-fo for years, all good by the way. Roll around to my 30th birthday I was 95kg's and in good lean shape (not show condition. but very near) since taking years off training and resuming very light weights (all due to injuries, mostly Delt I might add)
    I now hold 90+ kgs 9 (in a lot worse condition mind you, not that tight at all)and have done so for over 2 years, yet I eat under 2000 kcals a day, that is way under for maintenance of a 5ft:11" 38 year old weighing in at just over 90kgs.

    I agree with the chaps though, stay away from it, 4 stone is not a huge amount to shift as long as you put some effort in.

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • ZuluHero 21 Jul 2010 08:42:27 4,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Use the tried and tested technique of one less pie-a-day. No exercise required! The key is to only eat what your body needs. If you're sitting on your arse all day then you only need around 1600 cals. If you’re a keen exerciser you can bump that upto almost 3000. I cut out beer and alcohol and lost over a stone in about 2 months and have never put it back on again.

    But now I pretty much never drink. No big loss for me though, but it really depends on if a) you're serious and b) Ok to lose something that you love to eat/drink.

    That first part is not entirely true though. Your body will get used to a calorie amount and adjust accordingly. I started weight training at 19 years old weighing 60 KG's,ate like a mo-fo for years, all good by the way. Roll around to my 30th birthday I was 95kg's and in good lean shape (not show condition. but very near) since taking years off training and resuming very light weights (all due to injuries, mostly Delt I might add)
    I now hold 90+ kgs 9 (in a lot worse condition mind you, not that tight at all)and have done so for over 2 years, yet I eat under 2000 kcals a day, that is way under for maintenance of a 5ft:11" 38 year old weighing in at just over 90kgs.

    I agree with the chaps though, stay away from it, 4 stone is not a huge amount to shift as long as you put some effort in.

    Well It worked for me :)

    I'm an office worker, and my exercise mostly involves me moving my thumbs in an evening ;) or sex (although i hear thats a good calorie burner?). I'm 5'10 was around 89kgs (just over 14 stone) and had been for about 5 years. When i was 30, just cut out chocolate, crisps and beer just stuck to 2 meals a day and water and dropped to 73kgs (11.5 stone).

    And now 2 years on I’m still steady at that weight, and now my body is used to it I don't feel hungry at all anymore.
  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2010 08:46:21 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For reference, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 98kgs. I'd like to be about 75.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • pistol 21 Jul 2010 08:47:08 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    Yes, I know all about excercise, and could make excuses, but the bottom line is I'm just too lazy to do it.

    With a post like that and youexpect a serious answer?

    I have used ephedrine while training for a short while many years ago, and my advice is stay away from it, and anything else similar.
  • Trane 21 Jul 2010 08:52:05 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eph is normally used by bodybuilders and the like to cut the last few %s of body fat in prep for a comp - so these guys don't use it until they're already down to around 8% BF.

    Start eating a better diet and get some more exercise, people aren't going to recommend you an unhealthy way to lose weight.
  • pistol 21 Jul 2010 08:56:59 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Eph is normally used by bodybuilders and the like to cut the last few %s of body fat in prep for a comp - so these guys don't use it until they're already down to around 8% BF.

    Start eating a better diet and get some more exercise, people aren't going to recommend you an unhealthy way to lose weight.

    That was pretty much why I used it, as I was training for my first show and at the time I was surrounded by people who did all sorts. I only tried it for a week or 2 but wish I hadn't. I felt edgy all the time and couldn't sleep, and I wasn't even taking much.

    And after all that I bottled it and didn't enter.

    I was 18 at the time.
  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2010 09:19:05 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've tried various exercises, I actually work in a health club (admin side of things though). I can't get on with any of them. I know I should start eating breakfast though, I just can't summon up the enthusiasm for eating anything in the morning.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • woodnotes 21 Jul 2010 09:30:43 4,923 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    For reference, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 98kgs. I'd like to be about 75.
    Rob the Hobbit.
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    I've tried various exercises, I actually work in a health club (admin side of things though). I can't get on with any of them. I know I should start eating breakfast though, I just can't summon up the enthusiasm for eating anything in the morning.
    You are what they call a "lost cause". And destined to be a fat hobbit for the rest of your life. If you want to change something, you have to work at it.
  • mcmonkeyplc 21 Jul 2010 09:32:53 39,406 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There is no easy way. You HAVE to change.

    /Weight loss advert time

    I went from 13 stone to 10 in just 6 months and that was while I was a student. I drank like a fish but I also reduced the amount of crap I ate and there's the kicker...I worked my arse off in the gym and pool. 1 hour in the gym and 1 hour in the pool a week.

    That's all it takes.

    I remember thinking at the time that I couldn't do this for the rest of my life and I'm sitting here still weighing 10 stone and actually pissed off that I cant do more exercise cause I've got an injury at the moment.

    Once you start exercise and get it into your routine you dont know how you lived without out.

    The first step is the hardest, admit you have to change and change.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • woodnotes 21 Jul 2010 09:36:15 4,923 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    For reference, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 98kgs. I'd like to be about 75.
    Just calculated your BMI to be 30.1! That's officially obese, btw.
  • kalel 21 Jul 2010 09:39:21 86,743 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Even if you use it and lose weight, if you don't sort out your diet and lifestyle you'll just put it on again.

    Still, props for being honest about the lazy thing at least. Few are.
  • mcmonkeyplc 21 Jul 2010 09:40:31 39,406 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Being lazy isn't an excuse. I'm a lazy mother fucker.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • mrpon 21 Jul 2010 09:41:53 28,692 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Join the Nike+ challenges, if you're committed I guarantee you'll lose weight.

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • kalel 21 Jul 2010 09:42:13 86,743 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why would it be an excuse?
  • woodnotes 21 Jul 2010 09:46:11 4,923 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    For reference, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 98kgs. I'd like to be about 75.
    Just calculated your BMI to be 30.1! That's officially obese, btw.

    I'm 173cm and 72kg, what's mine?
    How much of a fat fuck am I?
    24.1 on the BMI scale. Edging closer to fatness.

    Underweight = less than 18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

    Of course, if you do loads of weights and have a lot of muscle, it throws the whole BMI formula out of the window. But for the average person, it's a good indicator.

    My BMI is 22.2 but due to a wrist injury I haven't been able to do weights lately so I'm not too happy with that as it's a fat 22.2 rather than a muscle 22.2.
  • mcmonkeyplc 21 Jul 2010 09:48:50 39,406 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As a cavet, if you do lots of weight lifting and have a substantional amount of muscle BMI is a waste of time. It doesn't differentiate between fat and muscle in the weight calculation.

    Edit: Damn you woody! :p

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply