Dragon Age 2 Page 46

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• JayG 19 Jun 2011 19:00:16 869 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I loved meril's voice, she was the best thing in the game for me. No idea why the rest of the elves all had shite irish accents though. I didn't hate the game, but it has killed off all interest in any future Dragon Age games for me. Still looking forward to Mass Effect 3 though.
  • robthehermit 19 Jun 2011 19:25:17 4,250 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Merrill is Gwen from Torchwood. Can't be arsed to find out her real name.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• JayG 19 Jun 2011 19:33:25 869 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She's prob best thing in torchwood too.
  • MrSensible 20 Jun 2011 17:45:19 25,290 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    I'm trying to find the recipe for the Rock Armour Potion. I know that you can obtain it outside Gamlen's House at night during Act II but I seem to have missed it. I'm now in Act III and can't see it there... is there another way to get it? If I just BUY the potion can I craft it?

Anyone?

I suspect I've missed my one chance to grab it :(

Oh well if that's the case I'll probably give it one more play through anyway.
  • MrSensible 20 Jun 2011 22:07:48 25,290 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah well went ahead and finished the game off. As I've said elsewhere in the thread there's plenty of changes that needn't have been made but overall I really enjoyed the game, loved it in fact. The plot was a nice change of pace from most RPGs as well, a bit different.

I wasn't sure what to do with Anders though. I was playing as a heroic, noble, Mage character and I was going to set him free... but Sebastian got a bit annoyed and I kind of agreed with him, so killed Anders. He was a bastard but I still kind of felt bad for that.
  • LionheartDJH 21 Jun 2011 09:57:15 19,518 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    Merrill is Gwen from Torchwood. Can't be arsed to find out her real name.

Eve Myles.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Ziz0u 27 Jul 2011 13:14:29 8,558 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So has anybody purchased the DLC? Any reviews?
  • Deckard1 27 Jul 2011 18:25:45 29,134 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sssssshhhhhh you're not allowed to like this.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Ziz0u 28 Jul 2011 11:08:48 8,558 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh :(
  • dominalien 28 Jul 2011 11:10:28 7,027 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, then, any scathing reviews?

PSN: DonOsito

• RunningMan 28 Jul 2011 11:24:51 2,450 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only legacy dlc review I found gave it 8/10 (via gamespot), but seems to be pretty short. Was hoping for a ten hour epic, sounds like a two hour trip.
  • Valshar 31 Jul 2011 02:22:41 48 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I guess I'll consider buying Legacy when it's discounted... and even so... the more I think about DA II, the more I think it sucked. There's nothing I find memorable. When I think Dragon Age, the characters and moments that come to mind are all from Origins.
  • THFourteen 31 Jul 2011 09:44:52 34,206 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    The only legacy dlc review I found gave it 8/10 (via gamespot), but seems to be pretty short. Was hoping for a ten hour epic, sounds like a two hour trip.

Huh? 5.5/10
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragon-age-ii-legacy/review.html?tag=games%3Bgame_title%3B1
  • Tryhard 31 Jul 2011 10:28:29 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Valshar wrote:
    I guess I'll consider buying Legacy when it's discounted... and even so... the more I think about DA II, the more I think it sucked. There's nothing I find memorable. When I think Dragon Age, the characters and moments that come to mind are all from Origins.

That is like you grabbed those thoughts out of my brain.I created a nice looking female mage but I never really bonded with the character through because the lack of depth and weak enviroments.To me DA II was more like a hack and slash without the exciting loot pickups.

If they bring out an Awakenings sized package I would go for it.But these 5 minute wonder dlcs just do not excite you if you are not into the story as much as you should be.
  • Dirtbox 31 Jul 2011 10:34:39 78,771 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So valve has removed this from steam because EA is playing silly buggers and blaming it on "restrictive policies" then being utterly vague as to exactly what the restriction is.

Shit game made by shit developers milked by a shit publisher. Steam is best rid.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• THFourteen 31 Jul 2011 10:45:09 34,206 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:

If they bring out an Awakenings sized package I would go for it.But these 5 minute wonder dlcs just do not excite you if you are not into the story as much as you should be.

The whole concept of DLC pisses me off. The days of playing Forge of Virtue or Throne of Bhaal are long gone.

I'd happily pay for expansion packs. But apart from mass effect 2, I rarely play DLC mini adventures, with RPGs there barely seems like a point.
  • Deckard1 31 Jul 2011 11:52:01 29,134 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    So valve has removed this from steam because EA is playing silly buggers and blaming it on "restrictive policies" then being utterly vague as to exactly what the restriction is.

Shit game made by shit developers milked by a shit publisher. Steam is best rid.

Yeah Bioware are really shit.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• redcrayon 31 Jul 2011 12:37:35 4,572 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was hoping Legacy would be a 10-hour job. DLC can be great if it's a chewy campaign- Awakenings was great. Fallout NV's Old World Blues was good too, played that through last weekend, really funny in places and worth the 7.

2 hours of play followed by a single black or white decision (It's not like DAII has a history of allowing for sensible multiple options rather than two equally silly ones, seemingly in an effort to show the player what the consequences are if you restrict yourself only to the most extreme options at any point) and a new sword isn't enough to tempt me back, especially not with a bugged final boss that sounds like a chore.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2011 14:48:50
    Legacy isn't bad, just a bit overpriced. I got a good three hours out of it and don't regret the purchase. Storywise it suffers the same issue as DA2 in that it has an illusion of choice but the outcome is still virtually the same, much like ME2 arrival. It still seems like a big setup for Dragon Age 3 but the game has suffered too much for it.

The boss is a pain. Your AI companions are useless and the way its been designed forces you to play it in a specific way without making that clear leading to a lot of deaths and frustration. The first time I managed to beat him was virtually solo, one man and his dog! After learning how the game expects you to do it its not as bad. I didn't encounter any of the bugs mentioned in the GS review, even after playing through a few times, but I'm on 360 not PC.
  • SilentTristero 31 Jul 2011 20:34:05 293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Honestly, in what manner is the way you're meant to handle the boss not made abundantly clear? Companions frequently shout out the rather obvious solution to the encounter, whilst the number of safe places to stand is conveniently the same as the number of people in your group.

• Deleted user 31 July 2011 21:33:06
    Its not that the solution isnt obvious, it's that there are still multiple ways to approach it but unless you do it as designed, one statue at a time, kill the enemies that spawn, then move on to the next one, it will end in frustration. It's easy the first time to miss the enemies spawning and not realise you have to kill them to move on rather than just complete the main task.

The AI has no sense of self preservation during the battle. They shout out what they should do but then don't bother doing it. You can tell the AI to stay safe, they ignore it. You can outrun the danger, they dont follow. Later on pathfinding also becomes an issue. It's just very restricted compared with standard boss battles in DAO and DA2, people have come across a few glitches as well.
  • robthehermit 23 Aug 2011 11:28:53 4,250 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played through the Legacy dlc last night. It took about three hours without being in a rush. It was okay, a bit short and a bit over priced. Overall though it was quite an enjoyable little romp. If you're not a massive fan of the series though, I would suggest waiting until it's on special.

• Murbs 20 Jan 2012 09:18:22 22,515 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2 of my colleagues love this; one has finished it twice and the other got the platinum trophy on the PS3 version. I'm about 17 hours in still near the start of act 2. I will not get an unbiased opinion from them so I'll ask here...

If it's already feeling like a chore (the environments, the fighting) is it worth sticking through it for the story? I've enjoyed that part of it up to now and the characters are quite likeable. But if I'm looking at ~50 hours for the whole thing now I'm not sure I can tolerate it.
  • Pike 20 Jan 2012 10:08:35 13,447 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, I really enjoyed it, despite some pretty glaring flaws, and I can't recall that it took me anywhere near 50 hours to finish. Less than 30, iirc. The second act is easily the high point of the game.
  • SilentTristero 20 Jan 2012 13:24:58 293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    2 of my colleagues love this; one has finished it twice and the other got the platinum trophy on the PS3 version. I'm about 17 hours in still near the start of act 2. I will not get an unbiased opinion from them so I'll ask here...

If it's already feeling like a chore (the environments, the fighting) is it worth sticking through it for the story? I've enjoyed that part of it up to now and the characters are quite likeable. But if I'm looking at ~50 hours for the whole thing now I'm not sure I can tolerate it.
    You've got another 10-15 Hours, depending on your penchant for side-quests and distractions. I'd say it's more than worth it, personally, especially since you seem to be enjoying the characters.

I finished in 30, doing everything I could find - with the exception of character quests, some of which I've saved for a different playthrough.
  • Machetazo 31 Jan 2012 19:22:47 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a Dragon Age animated feature called Dawn of the Seeker. Bioware are enthusiastic about it. It's being released through Funimation, this year.

G4 posted a seperate clip from the anime.
  • Machetazo 11 Feb 2012 13:51:45 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is controller or kb&m the more recommended/better supported option for DA2?
  • robthehermit 16 Feb 2012 16:49:11 4,250 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No idea. It plyed fine on the Xbox with a pad, never really found anything I couldn't do control wise.

• Page

of 47 First / Last