Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Flushes
  • neilka 29 Jun 2010 21:09:16 16,526 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Wow. Mega fail. I do not pass the test.
    Like Geesh said - what do you see when you close your right eye and then your left eye? The same thing through each eye...?

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• PhoenixFlames 29 Jun 2010 21:12:23 9,229 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Like Geesh said - what do you see when you close your right eye and then your left eye? The same thing through each eye...?

Yep.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Pinky_Floyd 29 Jun 2010 21:14:22 8,309 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got a distinction in the test.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2010 21:16:12
    Did you notice anything funny with the picture before putting your glasses on? If not, it was probably a standard 2D film they were showing. 3D pictures viewed without glasses display double edges and "clones" of certain elements, the ones at the extreme planes of depth so to speak.
  • neilka 29 Jun 2010 21:16:57 16,526 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Yep.
    That's... not possible is it? What your left eye sees while your right eye is closed can't be the same as what your right eye sees while your left eye is closed.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• PhoenixFlames 29 Jun 2010 21:18:40 9,229 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    valli wrote:
    Did you notice anything funny with the picture before putting your glasses on? If not, it was probably a standard 2D film they were showing. 3D pictures viewed without glasses display double edges and "clones" of certain elements, the ones at the extreme planes of depth so to speak.

I could see it was meant to be 3D, all jaggedy and stuff. When I put the glasses on it was still all jaggedy. No change.

I think that test confirms I'm a cyclops (stereoblind).

PSN - phoenix1flames

• PhoenixFlames 29 Jun 2010 21:20:12 9,229 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Yep.
    That's... not possible is it? What your left eye sees while your right eye is closed can't be the same as what your right eye sees while your left eye is closed.

On the optional part of the test? If I focus on something and close an eye things shift position slightly. So that bit works but I think that just confirms I can see out of both eyes.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• MrDigital 29 Jun 2010 21:20:47 1,866 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Yep.

I don't understand that and I think neilka sees that same problem as I do.

http://i49.tinypic.com/o9ieq8.png

If you close your right eye, the finger has to be on the right, and the same but opposite with your left eye.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• ronuds 29 Jun 2010 21:20:52 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess you can say you don't have an eye for these things?
  • Fake_Blood 29 Jun 2010 21:30:22 4,442 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    valli wrote:

I could see it was meant to be 3D, all jaggedy and stuff. When I put the glasses on it was still all jaggedy. No change.

I think that test confirms I'm a cyclops (stereoblind).

next time, turn on the glasses.
  • PhoenixFlames 29 Jun 2010 21:31:09 9,229 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Defo gonna try again and check the glasses are on. Will report back.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Scurrminator 29 Jun 2010 21:33:33 8,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You are missing out. It's an added effect sure. But it can be a fun one and will be utilised far better in years to come I suspect

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• FWB 29 Jun 2010 21:33:48 45,578 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    FutureDave wrote:
    Are you sure you can see 3D at any time? You may be stero-blind, and it's not rare.

http://www.mediacollege.com/3d/depth-perception/stereoblind.html

My gf just did it and she can get the desired results first time.

/stereoblind

Can I get benefits for this? :D

Me too. I never get those magic pictures either. Is that the same thing?

Ohh and I've never burped. That related?
  • ronuds 29 Jun 2010 21:37:54 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think seeing the magic pictures is the same. I can't see those either, but I passed the test from page 1.

Burping is definitely related, though.
  • DFawkes 29 Jun 2010 23:55:14 24,044 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know there is a kind of Samsung glasses that switch off if they lose contact with the sync snesor for half a second. So someone walks in front of you, or you tip your head back, or you're not perfectly in line with the TV, and they switch off quickly.

Hopefully it wasn't those ones. Don't think they'd demo those though, that'd be idiotic.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• JuanKerr 30 Jun 2010 11:47:52 36,444 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmmm, when I close my left eye, my finger stays on the green circle, but when I close my right eye, it moves to the right as it's 'supposed' to.

I've NEVER had any depth perception problems.

/walks into wall
  • jellyhead 30 Jun 2010 11:54:30 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're left eye dominant then.

The green spot thing didn't work for me as i have a 'lazy eye' in as much as my left eye is much more dominant than my right eye. I had corrective operations on my eyes when i was a child so it's something i've just gotten used to. It's also why i'm glad you can tone down the 3D effect on the 3DS as i doubt it'll work for me. I'll have to go into a shop and try 3DTV and glasses at some point just for for a laugh.

If you meet me never, ever, ever throw me something fragile and expensive to catch. Ever. :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• JuanKerr 30 Jun 2010 11:58:19 36,444 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'Left eye dominant', eh? So what does that actually mean in the real world? As far as I'm concerned, I've got really good depth perception!
  • TakeTheVeil 30 Jun 2010 12:03:41 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've the exact same problem JuanKerr...AHH!!

I'm also red-green colour blinded. AFAIK, i'm 20-20 at least.
  • jellyhead 30 Jun 2010 12:17:21 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    'Left eye dominant', eh? So what does that actually mean in the real world? As far as I'm concerned, I've got really good depth perception!
    As far as i can tell it'll mean nothing really except your brain will favour left-eye perception over the right eye. Either that or you were doing the test wrong :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• JuanKerr 30 Jun 2010 12:19:50 36,444 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh heh, I've just re-done the test and get the same results. Wonder if this will affect my ability to watch 3D films?
  • sport 30 Jun 2010 12:41:15 12,808 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JuanKerr :-D
  • AphoticCosmos 30 Jun 2010 21:02:51 131 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In some ways I kind of envy people who can't see 3D. For the next 2 years minimum until glassless tech is released you won't have to look stupid wearing 3D glasses.

I did really enjoy Avatar's use of 3D though. Call me a sucker but I was sold the moment I saw it. Going to wait and see how glassless tech comes along, though - 3D TV costs stupid money atm.
  • Jmek 18 Aug 2010 07:20:39 1,357 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just bought a Samsung LE46C750, after having a demo in Comet. This bad boy converts 2d - 3d and is supposed to be particularly good with games. Dear God, I hope I don't end up regretting it.
  • spindizzy 18 Aug 2010 08:28:46 6,608 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Converts 2d to 3d? I really can't see that working well!
  • NotSoSlim 18 Aug 2010 08:42:20 3,148 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently it does!! Check techradar for the review, it's a great set and years end hope Samsung bring out updated model as I will buy
  • Jmek 21 Aug 2010 09:16:27 1,357 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well here's my tale of woe. I bought a Samsung LE46C750 from a firm called Robert Whyte's last Tuesday off their internet site. It's a long established firm (40 years or so) based in Scotland. The thing that sealed the deal was a five year warranty included in the price. The total cost including shipping was 1135.00, I have been saving for a year and a half and a half for a new TV. Anyhoo after not hearing anything from them regarding a delivery date after e-mailing them I managed to get a chance to call them on Thursday. The guy I spoke to checked my account and explained that funnily enough three customers had ordered the same TV at the same time and that they were actually out of stock. This confused me as the full amount had already been debited form my account for the TV, which as it clearly states on their web site, is not supposed to happen until a mutually agreed delivery date is set. The guy agreed that the money should not have been taken and said that I had the option to wait until next week as they may have the TV back in stock next Tuesday, or I could cancel the order if I wanted to get it from somewhere else or as he put it "get the telly by the weekend". Given the circumstances I cancelled the order and they were supposed to refund me immediately. This was Thursday, so far no money. The set is still for sale on their web site although they apparently do not have it in stock. I can't buy the TV from another retailer as they have my money. Sadly I don't have a credit card so it makes it a helluva lot more difficult to get your money back if things go awry. I'm going to be calling them straight away when they open this morning at 10:00am to find out what on earth is going on. I'm just in a bit of a state of shock about the whole thing, I can't believe that such a well established company can behave in such a manner.
  • woodnotes 21 Aug 2010 09:35:10 4,943 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hopefully it'll be sorted soon Jmek.

I've had my LE40C750 for a month now and it's an incredible TV.

I'd originally bought the Sony EX503 which had major vertical banding issues - unwatchable during the world cup. Then I swapped that for the Panasonic G20 (plasma) which had washed out picture quality in daylight, floating blacks in the dark, posterisation issues, image retention issues and an annoying high-pitched buzzing noise. Suffice to say, it wasn't a good TV and I'm not sure why it gets so much praise on here.

Then finally, I got this bad boy, the Samsung C750. And it's incredible. The black levels are fantastic, the picture quality is just sublime. Took me a while to calibrate it and get it spot on, but blu-rays just look incredible and far, far better than on the Sony EX503 or Panasonic G20 I had before it.

One of the best bits of the C750 is the built-in BBC iPlayer. The picture quality is 10x better than the PS3 version. And that's not factoring in the inclusion of all the BBC HD content, which is 100x better than the PS3 version! Really nice interface too, just the pefect addition. Also nice that it has Lovefilm built in and more OD services on the way later in the year.

My only two gripes with the C750 (otherwise a perfect TV):

- Firstly its no-so-great viewing angle. The (truly) sublime black levels unfortunately quickly change to a blue tint from any angle off straight centre. Obviously the G20 won hands-down in terms of viewing angle being a plasma, but even the Sony EX503 was better in this regard too, despite its other flaws.

- Finally, the 3D emits quite a bit of cross-talk for the first 15 minutes or so of usage. Then it seems to disappear. Just not sure why it takes itself so long to optimise.
    It's definitely not my eyes just getting used to it as I've used a left/right alternate test pattern to test/demonstrate it.

Overall though, a definitely winner and by far the best of the three TVs (EX503/G20/C750) I've actually tried in my home for decent periods of time. And the 3D and iPlayer are just fantastic bonuses.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last