Ni no Kuni: The Another World for PS3 - Studio Ghibli/Level 5 title Page 30

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• Gartt 11 Mar 2013 11:02:41 1,735 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Zackv4861 wasnt all that bad to be honest. I got pretty lucky on the kaleidostones, couple of times I managed to steal one and also get one as a drop in the same fight.

For the scrolls I was using that golden glim method. When a Honky appeared, I set the team to all out defense and spammed pulse with Oliver (as the spell always produces a "nice"), when the golden glim appeared, switch to Swaine and his Light Fingers ultra move always steals the rarest item that the enemy holds. Took me maybe 45 minutes.

I got most of the items when I was taming familiars for that trophy, Id always remember to steal as my first action. The only items I found annoying to get were sprockets oddly enough. And seeds of discord.

Edited by Gartt at 11:03:39 11-03-2013
  • Zackv4861 11 Mar 2013 18:42:29 1,084 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    @Zackv4861

Oh really? What about the on ones you from the compendium with mix and match?

I'll be going for the platinum on this too. Absolutely love everything about the game. Don't want it to end
    Ooohhh good question and i can't remember off the top of my head. I want to say no they don't but can't be sure
  • Rodriguez 15 Mar 2013 19:32:20 1,092 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished this the other night! A thoroughly enjoyable game and one of my personal favourite console JRPG's of this gen along with Lost Odyssey.

I actually thought I'd completed the game when I defeated Shadar and had somehow completely forgotten about having to deal with the White Witch and her council! Can't say I was disappointed that this was the case however, as I was enjoying it so much.

I managed to get to the end in approximately 60-hours and have been playing on and off since around the 7th Feb when it was finally delivered to me, so a pretty decent chunk of content in the game and that's before you take into account the post game stuff too!

Not sure I'll go out of my way for any further trophies as I generally played it for the great story and in that regard I'm wholly satisfied with the game. Hope we get a sequel or perhaps an entirely new game but with the gorgeous Ghibli style/animation.
  • chrisno21 25 Mar 2013 11:35:01 1,484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Am finally in the post-game now, and I've loved this, absolutely loved it.

loved it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• RyanDS 31 Mar 2013 19:49:46 9,164 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Picked this up yesterday and put in a good 10 hours so far.

It looks lovely, but my word is it slow? And the amount of semi random (well you have to do them to level up) is above my enjoyable level.

Does it pick up?

Oh, and the voice acting is amazing, I just wish it was all voiced, I feel sad when half way through a conversation it switches to text.
  • Rens11 9 Apr 2013 21:56:44 1,391 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sequel?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Triggerhappytel 10 Apr 2013 00:54:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From the link above:
    What could the game be? The fact that its a PS4 game evokes three franchises (or would-be franchises) in particular: Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy and Ni No Kuni.

I'd think a White Knight Chronicles sequel would be more likely than a Rogue Galaxy sequel, given the former is already a series. I'd bloody love it to be Dark Cloud 3 though; it seems baffling why Sony has kept that franchise dormant this generation.
  • chrisno21 10 Apr 2013 10:57:39 1,484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dark Cloud 3 would be too incredible.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Armoured_Bear 29 May 2013 23:37:08 10,510 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My word, the first hour is utterly stunning, beautiful game, superb music and great voice acting. Hope it continues at this level.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• kentmonkey 29 May 2013 23:44:16 20,537 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The constant hand holding is getting me down. 10 hours in and it's still spoon feeding me everything.
  • RyanDS 30 May 2013 07:14:21 9,164 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    The constant hand holding is getting me down. 10 hours in and it's still spoon feeding me everything.
    It doesn't stop.

I'm 30 hours in and it still insists every single time to explain slowly what spell you need.

"Gee whizz Ollie, I think he may be broken hearted. Do you maybe have a spell that could help, like maybe you should use the Give Heart spell. I know you have done this 349 times by now, but just in case."
  • GrandpaUlrira 3 Jun 2013 20:06:44 3,753 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got my first AI companion. That's put a dampener on the combat :(
  • kentmonkey 3 Jun 2013 20:11:02 20,537 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    It doesn't stop.

I'm 30 hours in and it still insists every single time to explain slowly what spell you need.

"Gee whizz Ollie, I think he may be broken hearted. Do you maybe have a spell that could help, like maybe you should use the Give Heart spell. I know you have done this 349 times by now, but just in case."
    :o(

It does spoil it. As you say, it's literally spoonfeeding you things you've done tens if not hundreds of times before. But never really properly explains some of the other mechanics (such as the counter, which I've never really fully understood).

The constant dipping in and out of spoken and written dialogue, often in the same cutscene, is also bloody annoying.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 16:19:26
    So just bought this instead of Last of Us (as I'm just not in the mood for a depressing Zombie shooter/adventure at the moment). I haven't even started it yet but is it worth buying the guide? I don't expect to get stuck on it but I'm buying this because it looks stunning and I'm thinking the guide might be a nice accompaniment to it. I remember getting stuck into FF when I was younger with the guide at my side and it definitely enhanced my experience.
  • Syrette 23 Jun 2013 16:26:43 43,232 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why don't you put a few hours into it first?

As has been said before, the game holds your hand a lot. And I mean a lot. Enough to put me off it from time to time.

• Deleted user 23 June 2013 16:39:07
    Just saw some people mention that above. Yeah i'll leave it fo now cheers.
  • rickalish 17 Jul 2013 17:24:21 1,796 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm playing all the post game stuff at the min. Does anyone know if anything I do will give me a different ending?

I thought I was going to be reunited with the lads mum for doing the very long winded rift quest, but all I got was that stupid car which is completely pointless now that I can use the travel spell or Tengri.
  • Deleted user 19 July 2013 23:59:03
    The music in this is just stunning. Barely get a chance to play it annoyingly. But I'm loving it. This is the type if game that makes the ps3 such a damn good console. You don't get this quality on the 360.
  • Gruff 20 Jul 2013 00:07:38 2,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmmmm, do you turn into a Troll just before midnight mowgli ;)

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• TheMayorOfJugs 20 Jul 2013 01:38:05 3,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Stuck on the pig tank. Annoying because it's just after the stealthy bit and heading back to level up would be aggravating :| Anyone have tips for me please?
  • Deleted user 20 July 2013 10:17:51
    Gruff wrote:
    Hmmmmm, do you turn into a Troll just before midnight mowgli ;)
    Not trolling! Just honestly believe you don't see games with this level of quality and polish on the 360 or pc really.
  • Gruff 20 Jul 2013 10:21:05 2,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fair enough, I will hold you that when I cast aside my wicked Xbox ways and join the PS nation in November :)

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• King_Edward 20 Jul 2013 10:22:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I suppose Blue Dragon was a similarly polished game. It was just shit and looked like crayola diarrhea. I wouldn't question the effort and expense that went into it though.
  • Gruff 20 Jul 2013 10:26:38 2,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey! I enjoyed Blue Dragon (Never completed it though, which is telling) looked fine to me, in that twee Japanese way at least.

Lost Odyssey was decent as well, but I fecked my save while on the 4th disc :(

― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 20 July 2013 10:40:30
    Lost Odyssey was awesome, gutted I wasn't able to complete it due to the disk 4 bug .

There is a subtlety to the writing in this that Is fucking stunning. There is the traditional happy clappy jrpg coating of course but the undercurrent is so wonderfully handled.
  • Syrette 20 Jul 2013 11:06:53 43,232 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I abandoned this. The only singleplayer title this gen that I have quit part of the way through, apart from Deadly Premonition.

I can easily see why it's much loved, but it's just not my cup of tea and the hand-holding pretty much ruined it for me. I also hate random battles, but I appreciate that's a criticism I could aim at many Japanese titles.

Edited by Syrette at 11:07:17 20-07-2013

• King_Edward 20 Jul 2013 11:11:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Didn't think this had random encounters? My memory is atrocious. :s
  • TheMayorOfJugs 20 Jul 2013 11:22:35 3,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @King_Edward They're not really random, just occasionally hard to avoid, a-la Dragon Quest.
  • Syrette 20 Jul 2013 11:26:03 43,232 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well yeah. That's what I meant. Try as I might, I couldn't escape a lot of them.

mowgli wrote:
    Not trolling! Just honestly believe you don't see games with this level of quality and polish on the 360 or pc really.
    Totally wrong. For a start, Tales of Vesperia says hi.

• Deleted user 20 July 2013 11:33:11
    Tales of Vesp is bog standard lowest common denominator JRPG. The story is standard fair gamey trash. Can't even remember how far I got into it before dumping it.
  • Page

of 34 First / Last