Ni no Kuni: The Another World for PS3 - Studio Ghibli/Level 5 title Page 21

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• ZuluHero 7 Feb 2013 10:17:00 4,307 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is probably a travesty but I traded my copy in this morning for 36 in GAME.

So there's at least one copy in my local for someone else to give a good home to. I feel dirty but there's no point leaving it on my shelf unloved.
  • Mr-Brett 7 Feb 2013 10:53:25 12,894 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You could have posted in the swapsies thread :)

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• ZuluHero 7 Feb 2013 10:58:33 4,307 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doh, forgot about that. Really sorry!
  • chrisno21 7 Feb 2013 11:02:05 1,548 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Quick question as I am out of the country for a year (my Wizard's Edition is waiting for me back in the UK), Can anyone tell me if the WE DLC codes are time-limited or not? (ie. do I need to get someone to open them and register on my PS3 now, or is it safe to wait?).

Thanks.
    No, there's no expiration date on the code.
    I was sure it said Jan 25th 2014 on them, i.e. a year to the day of the original release date. Guess I was wrong!

I'm another who has the game but not had the chance to start it yet, finished Far Cry 3 (except for the shitty co-op) so am hoping this weekend will be a good time to start.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 7 Feb 2013 11:28:14 645 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Quick question as I am out of the country for a year (my Wizard's Edition is waiting for me back in the UK), Can anyone tell me if the WE DLC codes are time-limited or not? (ie. do I need to get someone to open them and register on my PS3 now, or is it safe to wait?).

Thanks.
    I was sure it said Jan 25th 2014 on them, i.e. a year to the day of the original release date. Guess I was wrong!

I'm another who has the game but not had the chance to start it yet, finished Far Cry 3 (except for the shitty co-op) so am hoping this weekend will be a good time to start.
    That's a a key question, if it IS 25th Jan 2014, I won't be back in UK until a few weeks after, if not I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the replies so far though.
  • Mr-Brett 7 Feb 2013 11:29:37 12,894 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Doh, forgot about that. Really sorry!
    Heh, it's ok. I have no money anyway so unless you would have been willing to accept 10 old games...

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Daeltaja 7 Feb 2013 16:36:06 1,186 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It is allready a great game but I can't stop thinking how much better it would be with better game mechanics.
    This.
  • Restart 7 Feb 2013 17:50:47 4,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I evolved a couple of my familiars into their final forms this morning including my Purrlioner, which evolved into... Puss in Boats!
  • Aretak 7 Feb 2013 18:53:31 10,376 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:

Thanks.
    I was just looking at the code sheet and there's definetly no date on it. Besides, I'm not sure those dates really mean much other than they don't have to provide you with it after that date. I bought Dragon Age 2 last year (a mistake of course) and the online pass that came with it had already expired according to the leaflet, yet redeemed fine on PSN.
  • wogsy81 7 Feb 2013 19:27:26 759 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played the demo for this before and i bloody loved it. And i mean really really loved it.

And to be totally honest with you, i beasted at it.
    I was spanking enemies left right and center. And that big massive firey boss went down pretty easy. It was a really good battle.
    I just kept my distance, ate a few sarnies, drank a couple of coffee's to keep HP/MP up and found it a lot of fun. I even swapped characters a couple of times to the girl just to get a feel for the battle system and was very impressed.
    It struck me as very intuitive.

I thought the combat and graphics were brilliant. The battle system reminded me a bit of Tales of Vesperia. I love the real time aspect of it.
    But yeahh, im very jealous of you guys who have the full game.
    I can't wait till payday until i can actually buy a copy.
  • Daeltaja 7 Feb 2013 20:16:58 1,186 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fucking respawn rate, and seriously!
  • Theticket 7 Feb 2013 22:04:25 39 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone have any idea how long this would take to download? It's a giant file...
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 23:26:19
    I am enjoying the boss battles though. The game throws the kitchen sink at you trying to learn the damn battle mechanics, its a lot to comprehend - i just defeated the genie without my partner dying, and i had a solid round of attacking, defending and earning a golden glim to limit break him. it felt good.

The A.I is def a bit wonky though.
  • Darren 8 Feb 2013 08:48:16 9,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm surprised at the criticisms of the Battle system as I've found it to be far more enjoyable than any other J-RPG game I've played in recent memory, so much so that I'll happily while away an hour or two between the main story quests just to level up my party and explore every nook and cranny of this glorious game world. Even the boss fights are fun, particularly when you have the full compliment of three party members. I really love this game.

My only fault with it is that I wish it was fully voice-acted for all the cutscenes and only the NPCs for the optional errands were subtitled and silent. I find it more jarring in this game the way it switches to voice-acting and back to silence often during the same lengthy cutscene.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Mr_Sleep 8 Feb 2013 10:25:30 17,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One of the worst thing is the AI of your companions. I was fighting some generic beasties and one of the companions was using a magical character to fight melee, despite having two melee characters in reserve. The worst part is that they had MP but weren't using that either.

Oh and I do find it very annoying that when one switches a character it automatically removes the familiar. It had been mentioned before on this thread and it's definitely a pain in the arse. As is the cooldown, sometimes it's a bit of a piss take.

Still kind of enjoying it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• DaM 8 Feb 2013 10:40:40 13,529 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    From a user issue, something that really annoys me is the 10% of your Gs for a quick restart - it's purely a punishment for forgetting to save frequently. Even thought I always end up with more money than I can spend, I'll always just reload from last save. Just a wasted 30 seconds.

Xenoblade handles the battle companion AI better I think - if they were requiring help, it was easier to spot and administer it. Having said that, during battles in X, I rarely look at the action, just concentrate on firing out battle commands.
  • PrivateFloyd 8 Feb 2013 11:02:18 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So pissed off Game havnt delivered it today despite shipping the bloody thing on Wednesday.

No weekend deliveries at work means Monday earliest.

Dead Space 3 it is.

Goat is hungry.....

• HiddenAway 8 Feb 2013 11:40:23 14,996 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Theticket Depends on your broadband speed - the store description has it down as (at least) 15.9GB

Best to run it overnight and if possible on a wired connection. Will take quite a while on any connection but running it at night means less chance of throttling.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 11:46:51
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @Theticket Depends on your broadband speed - the store description has it down as (at least) 15.9GB

Best to run it overnight and if possible on a wired connection. Will take quite a while on any connection but running it at night means less chance of throttling.
    also you can set your console to turn off once downloaded and installed. its quite a helpful feature.

Does anyone know if theres an item/accessory that helps increases the chance of serenading. Trying to capture a banana thing for an errand, and it just isn't happening.

Edit: ha sods law very next one i get it!, still questions still remains relevant :)

Edited by joelstinton at 11:48:30 08-02-2013
  • sunjumper 8 Feb 2013 11:49:27 3,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    From a user issue, something that really annoys me is the 10% of your Gs for a quick restart - it's purely a punishment for forgetting to save frequently. Even thought I always end up with more money than I can spend, I'll always just reload from last save. Just a wasted 30 seconds.

Xenoblade handles the battle companion AI better I think - if they were requiring help, it was easier to spot and administer it. Having said that, during battles in X, I rarely look at the action, just concentrate on firing out battle commands.
    I have to agree that Xenoblade did many of the things that Ni no Kuni attempts with greater success. The AI of the companions behaves better and taking control of the situation is also much easier and less dependent of praying that an animation will be finished in time to put in the next commnand.

With a tighter combat system this game would approach controlled substance territory.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Feb 2013 11:51:27 4,647 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have a copy but I'm not really feeling the combat and I fear it may end up gathering dust.

If anybody wants it they're welcome to it as long as you plan to play it and love it and not feed it after midnight.

It's a promo copy (literally just the disk) so it's no good if you like trading in games. Maybe the person who claims it could pass it on once they're done? A bit like Pay It Forward but not shit.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• PrivateFloyd 8 Feb 2013 11:54:44 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can I claim that? I promise to forward it on, GAME havnt even bloody dispatched mine yet.

Goat is hungry.....

• Cappy 8 Feb 2013 11:54:46 12,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll take it! I've been looking for one everywhere.

*edit* Too late.

Edited by Cappy at 11:55:25 08-02-2013
  • PrivateFloyd 8 Feb 2013 11:55:03 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Venatio see above dude. cheers.

Goat is hungry.....

• PrivateFloyd 8 Feb 2013 11:55:26 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Actually give it to Cappy, mine will come eventually.

Goat is hungry.....

• HiddenAway 8 Feb 2013 11:55:38 14,996 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @joelstinton I've got a feeling that it's more likely to be a Merit Card reward later on so I'm not going after anything unless it's for an errand.

Don't remind me about that banana quest though. I captured it, finished the side quest, quit without saving later on (went to an area where the monsters were too powerful) then spent 40 minutes re-doing the quest without success.

Quit the game, loaded save again, captured on the first attempt -_-

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 8 Feb 2013 11:56:40 4,647 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Actually give it to Cappy, mine will come eventually.
    That's good of you. :)

Cappy, can you PM me with your address, please?

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Page

of 35 First / Last