• Ror1984 31 Jan 2013 23:59:11 4,263 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @YenRug Mine's also the same.
  • Zackv4861 1 Feb 2013 06:31:42 1,138 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Really want this game but I have no patience for turned based battles (or semi in this case) and leveling up. Just don't have time or patience anymore. Wish it had an easy mode so I could just enjoy the world and story and blitz through the grind.
    It's not turn based either more like ATB but you don't see the bar fill up. The game just pauses while you select magic etc.
  • SFD 1 Feb 2013 07:26:13 512 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tempted to pick up a ps3 for this....

Must resist...
  • santashi 1 Feb 2013 08:57:46 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheeky beggars! Just heard something come through the letterbox (no knocking) so assumed it was the local paper. Wandered over to pick it up and it's a 'sorry you were out' card.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• spindle9988 1 Feb 2013 09:14:00 3,676 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have no money to buy this game today, and its the only game ive really wanted for a while
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Feb 2013 09:17:09 15,399 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have no money to buy this game today, and its the only game ive really wanted for a while
    I have heard there is good money to be made down on the docks...doing favours for sailors ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• spindle9988 1 Feb 2013 09:18:55 3,676 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dont tempt me
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Feb 2013 09:32:46 4,922 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have heard there is good money to be made down on the docks...doing favours for sailors ;)
    Thought I walked into a Shenmue thread for a minute!

Gonna take my GTA deposit off at my local gaming hole, hope they've got a few copies of this to spare...
  • chrisno21 1 Feb 2013 10:06:00 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Cheeky beggars! Just heard something come through the letterbox (no knocking) so assumed it was the local paper. Wandered over to pick it up and it's a 'sorry you were out' card.
    Hate when that happens, likely didn't even bring it along to try and deliver.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Daeltaja 1 Feb 2013 10:27:37 1,186 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ha! Just walked into my local Gamestop, they had a box of spare Wizard Editions! Score :)
  • santashi 1 Feb 2013 10:31:49 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Was a bit weird because any time I do miss a parcel it always says to leave it a day before picking it up, and this time it said an hour. It's only a 40 minute or so round trip to walk to the depot so I popped along straight away to pick it up. Hurrah! Looking forward to getting stuck into it later.

I did make the mistake of saying to the bloke at the depot (in the most friendly/non-confrontational manner that I could muster) that it was totally fine for them to try knocking at any time, which unfortunately seemed to rile him and I was told in a very severe tone of voice that they definitely would have knocked. Got a bit awkward after that!

Still, got the game, which I am very excited about. :)

• shamblemonkee 1 Feb 2013 10:42:24 14,655 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    heh just play their game, "well i was in and then definitely did not knock, have at you sir!"
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 1 Feb 2013 11:03:56 10,861 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tesco Direct have fucked up royally. Oversold this but I don't mind waiting I guess as I have a backlog the size of a great redwood!
  • Daeltaja 1 Feb 2013 11:05:12 1,186 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, totally bowled over by the quality of the Spell book, it's absolutely stunning.

Funny how they've included a full colour manual too, nice surprise.
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 11:19:11
    Postman still not arrived. Went up to tescos to pick up a couple of bits, and the game was not even there. :(

just full of every shooty title under the sun. but not this. oh well.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Feb 2013 11:26:37 15,399 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Goodfella
    You sir not only have a stunning looking picture there but you knows your comedy ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:27:11 01-02-2013

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 1 Feb 2013 11:28:56 10,861 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Daeltaja Gah! I'm tempted to pop into GAME (as that's the only shop locally stocking new titles. Thanks HMV / Blockbuster...) and whack some money down on the Wizards' Edition but I have spent nearly 300 on Lego this month already...
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Feb 2013 11:29:42 15,399 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    This
    I have had it happen at least two times.
    Wanker postie scumbags.

• Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 11:41:30 17,383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I'm going to be honest here, while I really enjoyed the first 5 hours or so a few hours more started to reveal cracks. It's a glorious looking and sounding game but the gameplay is a bit of a disappointment. To quote...

Ni no Kuni's combat, side quests and puzzles never come close to matching the imagination on display in its visuals. I was charmed, but always by stuff surrounding the gameplay never by the gameplay itself.
    I'm going to stick at it, it's a good game, just not great. IMO.
    I daresay it will get better as the game goes on. I think it has some legs in it with the different element selection of the familiars and so forth. Then again, I barely ever play JRPGs and its take on it is different enough so far to keep me engaged.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 1 February 2013 13:39:25
    aww man. postman still hasn't arrived. :( either i missed him and theres no ni no kuni or.. fuck knows what the postman is doing.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 1 Feb 2013 14:02:57 515 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mine still hasn't arrived....from Shopto! But it always arrives on time! :'(
  • doctor_nick 1 Feb 2013 14:11:11 188 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Went home at lunch, got there before the postman turned up. Then he shows up...without Ni No Kuni. So my weekend's been cleared for house work or something I guess. Hope everyone who's got it is enjoying it.
  • von_Doll 1 Feb 2013 14:27:38 2,115 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:

I did make the mistake of saying to the bloke at the depot (in the most friendly/non-confrontational manner that I could muster) that it was totally fine for them to try knocking at any time, which unfortunately seemed to rile him and I was told in a very severe tone of voice that they definitely would have knocked. Got a bit awkward after that!
    )
    That's because nine times out of ten, they did knock. And he knows this.

I've got no reason to disbelieve anyone who claims their postie didn't knock (it happens), but in my depot, everyone who complains about it is challenged and it normally turns out they were in the shitter, hungover, couldn't make their way to the front door in time or their doorbell doesn't actually work and they can't hear a knock from the other side of the house.

And this lot spoil it for the ones who have a cunt postie.

Just saying.
  • DaM 1 Feb 2013 14:33:53 13,529 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rose-of-Sorrow wrote:
    Mine still hasn't arrived....from Shopto! But it always arrives on time! :'(
    Order mine Wed night, arrived today :)
  • santashi 1 Feb 2013 14:35:33 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They definitely didn't knock, since there was no noise before the sound of something coming through the letter box (I was in the kitchen near the front door and didn't have the radio on). The only thing I can think of is that it was relatively early and maybe he didn't want to disturb anyone who might be asleep. I wasn't rude when I mentioned it: all I did was tell the guy that I didn't mind the walk to the depot at all but to tell them that it's completely fine to knock at any time. I was as nice as pie about it.

Our actual postman who trundles down the street every day is lovely, friendly, and always knocks. :)

• Rodpad 1 Feb 2013 14:36:54 2,097 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They never had your package in the van/basket. It's the oldest delivery trick in the book.

Edited by Roddles at 14:38:13 01-02-2013
  • DaM 1 Feb 2013 14:39:51 13,529 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:
    santashi wrote:

)
    That's because nine times out of ten, they did knock. And he knows this.

I've got no reason to disbelieve anyone who claims their postie didn't knock (it happens), but in my depot, everyone who complains about it is challenged and it normally turns out they were in the shitter, hungover, couldn't make their way to the front door in time or their doorbell doesn't actually work and they can't hear a knock from the other side of the house.

And this lot spoil it for the ones who have a cunt postie.

Just saying.
    I went in to our local depot with this a few years ago to kick up a stink, but the bloke on the desk just said "Yes, we rarely take stuff out, too much to carry. We just fill in the slips before we go out".

I didn't know him at the time, but when my boy started school turns out he's the father of his best mate, lives round the corner. I hear all the scams now :)
  • Page

of 35 First / Last