The General multi-purpose Move thread Page 71

• Page

of 71 First / Last

Next
  • JBlokeUK 28 Mar 2012 00:31:37 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found Killzone 3 very good with Move, enjoy!

I like it when he's angry.

• kimchibaka 9 Apr 2012 17:46:49 51 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haven't got around to Killzone yet - House of the Dead: Overkill's been taking all my time. Brilliant fun with the Move, can't recommend it enough for the 8 or so it is now.
  • Gregolution 16 Mar 2013 22:19:00 3,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Woohhoo took me a while but I found this old thread. Lol

I hereby declare myself 2 trophies away from the sports champions platinum. I might be the only person to ever get it given how busy this thread is but sod it. I still love the game and look forward to move ps4.

Bring on the hate! I'm ready for you. Armed with a glowing wand.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Progguitarist 16 Mar 2013 22:34:16 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Table Tennis on Sports Champions is immense.
  • Deleted user 16 March 2013 22:39:55
    Iirc I only need something in the volleyball trophies to Platinum this, but that was the better half's remit before she damaged the second move controller bulb on the lamp shade. +30 for a move controller is just so expensive now. Might have to fire it up, even using the cello-taped repair to get this platinum.
  • Gland 16 Mar 2013 23:03:31 78,481 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    vizzini playing volleyball paints a wonderful mental image.

His deep understanding of trigonometry no doubt helps him score lots of points.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Gregolution 17 Mar 2013 10:58:39 3,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Table Tennis on Sports Champions is immense.
    the table tennis is probably the best, but I love all of it. I'd probably buy a full standalone game of Bocce ffs. I must be nuts, but playing video games that require accurate physical movements really appeals to me.

Will try for the platinum today, 49 stars left. After that - it's on to Sports Champions 2 ;)

• Gregolution 17 Mar 2013 20:49:00 3,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    10 hours later... Sweating a lot. 4 stars to go

Having a great time though. Gladiator combat ftw

• Gregolution 17 Mar 2013 21:09:22 3,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And I'm done. First motion control platinum. Loved it

• Triggerhappytel 17 Mar 2013 21:13:32 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I liked Sports Champions, even though it's probably the most sterile and charmless game I've ever played. Table Tennis was superb and really showed how accurate the controller was.

My issue was with the nature of the controller though, not the software (which initially I thought was quite strong). I just couldn't be arsed with standing and waving my arms around, as opposed to chilling on the sofa with the DualShock in my hand. After the initial appeal wore off I just wanted to play passively without any physical involvement. The only game which I really put a significant number of hours into was The Fight, which is terrific and very responsive - but sadly I lost all my save data in an HDD crash.

I was thinking about buying the Resi Chronicles games from PSN which are currently on sale, but I have Dead Space Extraction, House of the Dead Overkill and HotD 3 & 4, none of which I've finished. Extraction in particular I found very tiring to play as there are a lot of jumpy scares and you've got to be alert and precise. I also have Eyepet & Friends for my 3 year old daughter, which she loves, but in honesty I try to discourage her from playing it as it means really I have to sit there and play it, and it's just bothersome having to wave around and battle against the fussy unresponsiveness.

Anyway, I think what I'm trying to say is that he tech is great, but in practical terms there are very few games I wouldn't rather use a controller with. A whole generation of Wii, Kinect and Move haven't changed that.
  • Gregolution 17 Mar 2013 21:25:36 3,549 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel

Yeah I don't always want to be moving around either but there's no button control scheme that would make bocce or table tennis as fun or skilful. Having to pull off a full am movement and time the release under pressure is mimicking real sports in a way a control pad will never do.

I wouldn't want to play Move all the time but I always want it there for this type of game.

My son played the table tennis on bronze for about an hour too. Would much rather that than him sitting down the whole time when the weather is rubbish and we can't be more active outside.

• Triggerhappytel 3 Apr 2013 01:15:20 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I just bought Socom: Special Forces on the PS3 and I see the Sharpshooter has reached rock bottom prices; ie under 15 new on Amazon. Against my better judgement, I am seriously contemplating getting it. I used it once at the EG Expo to play House of the Dead and it did feel like a nice bit of kit, but I wonder how much I'll really use it. It would also mean I'll need to pick up a Navicon too, although they're also only about 7 on Amazon.
  • Page

of 71 First / Last

Next