The General multi-purpose Move thread Page 70

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• Psychotext 26 Oct 2011 22:42:02 55,057 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ryze wrote:
    @ecosse_011172 - I went into Cash Gen about 2 months ago, looking to haggle the price of a single Move wand down to a tenner.

I ended up getting an entire Move Starter Pack for £15, as he had LOADS in stock.
    Nice. Though I'm not sure I'd want a second hand Move... don't know where it's been. ;)
  • Psychotext 27 Oct 2011 00:35:10 55,057 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there generally considered a good place / height for the camera? Just played it for a bit and it seemed a bit janky (Tumble more than Sports Champions).
  • Accordi0n 27 Oct 2011 01:16:58 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For Tumble, ive only played the demo but found the more precise lengthy tracking required the camera to be directly in line and horizontal with where your hands are.

It also helps to be parallel with the TV when you play.

You say you're not interested in the shooters…if you havent played HotD on Wii you'll be missing out.

MAG, Socom, Killzone and Resistance 3 are all great with the Move too…

Edited by Accordi0n at 01:26:54 27-10-2011
  • Ryze 31 Oct 2011 07:07:34 3,149 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Psychotext - The kit I grabbed from Cash Gen was practically BRAND NEW.

The camera especially simply had not been used. The cable was tied up as new, with the USB cap on, and it was obviously opened up, but never used for anything.

In setting things up for 'The Fight', etc, It's pretty clear that the average (dumb) family would have no patience at all for Move. It's really finicky, and I can imagine that tonnes of families who received it for Christmas last year would have traded it in towards a Kinect, as that's the current 'tard gaming platform.

Move is best for gamers who are happy to faff around to get the most optimal settings.

I reckon that the camera is probably best at waist height for standing games. Bear in mind that there are a LOT of Move games that are easily played sitting down, so that would give a head height on many sofas, which is fine.

The other issue is light - too much sunlight can be a problem, but I generally think that Move is a cool idea. The implementation with the PSEye is flawed, IMHO, and so far I've found aiming to be wonky as hell when its not in the mood to co-operate.

I absolutely LOVE Flight Control however. Like Peggle and a few other games, it's become an all-time favourite, and I reckon I'll dip into it occasionally FOREVER. Killer App, IMHO.

It's missing camera/directional control, so could have done with a d-pad, or ideally a recessed, concave analogue, similar to the one I remember from the Gravis Xterminator PC control pad. That would have made the prospect of both a Move enabled Uncharted 3, and especially a Move enabled, dual-weilding God of War game a fantastic proposition.

As things stand, it's unessential - especially dealbreaking when the controls on a game like RE5, which could have been a killer app if it was done properly, are essentially broken. There's no camera control, and the cursor always appears in the centre of the screen, again showing off the wonky Move aiming issues.
  • Psychotext 31 Oct 2011 12:23:54 55,057 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess I can live with the quirks. It's not like I'm going to be using it continuously anyway.

Does flight control have a demo?
  • Ryze 31 Oct 2011 20:06:03 3,149 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure if Flight Control has a demo.

If you've played it before on the iPad for example, then you know what to expect - except that the PS/Move version supports up to 4 wands simultaneously.

I dual-wield and test my multi-tasking ability!

Tonnes of fun.

Edited by Ryze at 10:07:59 01-11-2011
  • mrpon 31 Oct 2011 20:52:11 29,590 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Four?! How does that work?

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• el_pollo_diablo 31 Oct 2011 21:35:16 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are there actually any new Move games in the pipeline? I got it originally for Heavy Rain (and the table tennis portion of Sports Champs), loved Funky Lab Rat, and then.... nothing......

I'll pick up House of the Dead I expect at some point, but other than that, is there anything coming this christmas?
  • Psychotext 31 Oct 2011 22:23:02 55,057 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still that medieval style game coming isn't there? I'd imagine they'll keep shoehorning it into their shooters too.
  • Accordi0n 31 Oct 2011 23:55:41 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The dedicated Move games support is pretty terrible…

But Sports Champions and Tumble are the best motion control games anywhere, and i'd be happy enough with the investment purely for shooters…just disappointed it wont be used in Uncharted 3
  • el_pollo_diablo 1 Nov 2011 00:10:07 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got Tumble but sort of forgot about it. I'll have to dig it out again.

And I know I mentioned this before but Funky Lab Rat is completely excellent.
  • Ryze 1 Nov 2011 10:11:34 3,149 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    In the same way as with one wand, but with 4 cursors on screen?! Give it a go.
  • Weebleboy 1 Nov 2011 10:14:07 370 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm surprised to say it after the distinctly sub-par Resistance 2, but Resistance 3 is a really solid FPS in single player, and the Move works brilliantly once you've stuck the sensitivity up nice and high. It's much more fun than playing KZ3 with the wand, definitely recommended.
  • Big-Swiss 1 Nov 2011 10:15:48 8,249 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    KZ3 worked well for me, I think its all about settings.
    I played KZ3 only with move, SP and MP and I was doing well!
  • Big-Swiss 1 Nov 2011 10:16:15 8,249 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have to ad, I was playing with the sharpshooter, that makes a diffrence perhaps
  • King_Edward 1 Nov 2011 10:18:50 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Weebleboy wrote:
    I'm surprised to say it after the distinctly sub-par Resistance 2, but Resistance 3 is a really solid FPS in single player, and the Move works brilliantly once you've stuck the sensitivity up nice and high. It's much more fun than playing KZ3 with the wand, definitely recommended.
    Pulling shrapnel from out of your scrotum is more fun than KZ3.
  • mrpon 1 Nov 2011 10:30:18 29,590 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ryze wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    In the same way as with one wand, but with 4 cursors on screen?! Give it a go.
    Heh, I was more meaning from a "holding them" point of view!

• binster 1 Nov 2011 11:07:02 542 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new Infamous download game is awesome with the Move. Get on it, homeys. (Also, the game is definitely better than the 6/10 rating would suggest).
  • Ryze 4 Nov 2011 17:38:31 3,149 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mrpon -

General Grievous seems to manage... MAN UP!
  • mrpon 4 Nov 2011 17:42:19 29,590 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :) I had my suspicions.

• Progguitarist 4 Nov 2011 18:56:39 10,543 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried out Medieval Moves. Decent demo and uses the controller very well. Seems like it'll be a good game for kids.
  • elhozzo 19 Jan 2012 13:21:05 352 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anyone tried Motorstorm Apocolypse with Move ? can't imagine how it works to be honest ...
  • kimchibaka 16 Mar 2012 12:12:07 51 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Weebleboy wrote:
    I realise this is a very old post, but am just about to start Resistance 3 with Move, and wondered if anyone knows of a guide to the best settings and whatnot? I saw a video for optimal Killzone 3 settings and it was...complicated (the guy who did it made it seem like you needed a Phd in it to work it out for yourself!).

I don't have a sharpshooter, just a wand and navi.
  • kimchibaka 16 Mar 2012 12:13:07 51 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh and I see House of the Dead: Overkill is a tenner on Play right now, am very tempted.
  • Weebleboy 16 Mar 2012 12:38:24 370 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kimchibaka wrote:
    I realise this is a very old post, but am just about to start Resistance 3 with Move, and wondered if anyone knows of a guide to the best settings and whatnot? I saw a video for optimal Killzone 3 settings and it was...complicated (the guy who did it made it seem like you needed a Phd in it to work it out for yourself!).

I don't have a sharpshooter, just a wand and navi.
    No guide I'm afraid, and it's been a while since I played it, but I just did a few iterations of cranking up the sensitivity/turn speed etc., and managed to get it fairly twitchy. I guess it comes down to your own preference though /sits on fence.
  • kimchibaka 16 Mar 2012 13:18:24 51 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers, long as I can get something fairly acceptable by messing round a bit with the settings. That'll teach me to watch youtube vids of Move obsessives detailing every nuance of every option I think!
  • kimchibaka 27 Mar 2012 23:37:24 51 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Almost finished Resistance 3, didn't bother with Move the first time through, and not that impressed with the game compared to the first two. One or two nice touches but very very derivative and old school (not in a good way) so don't think I'll go through it again...oh Insomniac, what did you do to this series?!

Onto Killzone 3 next (with Move from the off this time).

And I've just ordered House of the Dead for £9 from Play, which seemed rather a bargain, so look forward to that.
  • Page

of 71 First / Last