The General multi-purpose Move thread Page 69

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 2 Apr 2011 10:22:18 13,561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's genuinely satisfying to play, something that I say lacks from a lot of motion gaming.

Move support in mainline titles is nice but it still needs some dedicated titles. Interesting to see a decent amount of Move enabled titles scanning the spines of cases in HMV.

Sports Champions would be a million times better if I had even an inkling of the stylistic quality of Kinect Adventures though.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 2 April 2011 10:38:16
    Yeah, its pretty souless in terms of style, could have done so much more in that dept, maybe sports champs 2?
  • ThemisB 2 Apr 2011 15:55:39 2,782 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    R.U.S.E. is currently 9.99 at play.
  • Gregolution 3 Apr 2011 17:52:08 3,253 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    djronz wrote:
    Yeah, its pretty souless in terms of style, could have done so much more in that dept, maybe sports champs 2?

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Very close to the platinum for SC now, just love it.
  • snowdog 3 Apr 2011 19:31:27 139 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    SOCOM 4 has the best implementation of motion controls in a shooter ever.

No it doesn't, ghost squad does.

Erm...Goose Squad is an on-rails shooter you loon. The controls are no better or no worse than any other on-rails game on the Wii. :o/
  • Gregolution 5 Apr 2011 16:25:26 3,253 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ffs, I just read that virtua tennis 4 doesn't have move controls throughout the game, but only for exhibition and party games.... Pre order cancelled immediately - what a joke.

After how good SC table tennis was, I would have thought someone else would do a decent raquet game for Move by now.
  • Progguitarist 5 Apr 2011 16:26:50 10,439 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    snowdog wrote:
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    SOCOM 4 has the best implementation of motion controls in a shooter ever.

No it doesn't, ghost squad does.

Erm...Goose Squad is an on-rails shooter you loon. The controls are no better or no worse than any other on-rails game on the Wii. :o/

Ignore him. He lives in a fog of "everythings shit".
  • yupyup 5 Apr 2011 16:32:22 3,682 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "-unless it's on the Wii'

Thought to be fair, 'Goose Squad' sounds pretty brilliant.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Progguitarist 5 Apr 2011 16:41:36 10,439 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yupyup wrote:
    "-unless it's on the Wii'

Thought to be fair, 'Goose Squad' sounds pretty brilliant.

glol
  • RyanDS 8 Apr 2011 11:54:38 9,356 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aw fuck.

Last night decided I needed to use the Move stuff as it's been a couple of months. (What with Dragon age 2 etc.)

Started with RUSE and it kept saying that the controller wasn't in view which really fucked me off, and when it did work it was really innacurate. So then I tried Sports Champions, and it wouldn't calibrate at all.

Eventually did the "test camera" function on the PS3 and the camera is getting 1 frame a second, with screen tear and big bouts of static.

Got the camera with Move, and have never moved it so I doubt it's the cable. It's just been sitting there, plugged in but not used for months.

Really really pissed off.
  • JBlokeUK 13 May 2011 03:06:22 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone still playing/got Sports Champions?

Seriously considering picking it up over the weekend. Enjoyed the demo.

I like it when he's angry.

• M_of_the_sys 13 May 2011 08:20:04 1,154 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I stick it on every now and again. The multiplayer is fun, it's just a shame that two player on table tennis requires so much space.
  • JBlokeUK 13 May 2011 13:30:06 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Luckily I have quite a lot of space in my living room so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

• M_of_the_sys 13 May 2011 13:38:17 1,154 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is this your living room? It's about at least what you need.
  • KayJay 13 May 2011 14:12:35 5,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No you don't.
    I have a relatively small living room and it was perfectly adequate for 2 6ft men. oooerrr..!
  • M_of_the_sys 13 May 2011 14:15:35 1,154 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kj66246 wrote:
    No you don't.

Obviously :p

I had about 6 - 8 feet of space in my old place and managed to hit my hand and get hit in the leg a few times. Bear in mind there was alcohol involved. I have more space in the new place though but haven't tried it.

Editted for an embarrassing spelling mistake.
  • elhozzo 14 May 2011 09:33:30 310 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quick question : I see The Fight - Lights Out quite cheap online now ...

whats needed to play it ?

(obviously, a PS3, TV, copy of the game, arms etc )

two move controllers ? are mandatory? its playable with the navi thingy or a dualshock and one move controller ?

I expect the answer is two move controllers, can't imagine how it would work otherwise, but can someone confirm? i tried reading some reviews, but I also know it was heavily patched ...
  • JBlokeUK 14 May 2011 13:57:01 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    M_of_the_sys wrote:
    Is this your living room? It's about at least what you need.

Bigger than that.

Nah seriously I stand a good 7 feet from my TV comfortably but the space between the front window and adjacent wall is roughly 14 feet, so plenty of room for all the games on Sports Champions, which by the way is great. Bocce and Table Tennis are probably my favourites.

• Psychotext 26 Oct 2011 12:39:42 54,179 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, this is a seriously dead thread.

Anyway, thanks to some bomba pricing I picked up a couple of move wands last week. What's worth trying? Don't really want to buy any new games, but I'm open to trying any demos available.

Anything I should really give a go?
  • Eregol 26 Oct 2011 12:59:45 31 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Child of Eden.
    Then again, I bought it and haven't even taken the disc out of the case yet.

House of the Dead Overkill will be out soon, Dead Space: Extraction is well worth a punt too.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 26 Oct 2011 13:00:09 14,033 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Wow, this is a seriously dead thread.

Anyway, thanks to some bomba pricing I picked up a couple of move wands last week. What's worth trying? Don't really want to buy any new games, but I'm open to trying any demos available.

Anything I should really give a go?
    If you have LBP2 you could try one of these community made Move levels:

You can queue them through those links by signing in with your PSN ID. They'll be waiting for you in-game when you turn it on.

Other than that though the only Move game I enjoyed was golf frisbee in that Move sports game... Can't remember what it was called. It was a launch game and there is a demo on the PSN store.

Edited by Syrok at 13:01:55 26-10-2011
  • RyanDS 26 Oct 2011 13:01:26 9,356 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dead Space Extraction (Free with Dead Space 2 for maybe 12?) and House of the Dead Overkill.
  • Psychotext 26 Oct 2011 13:10:34 54,179 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do have LBP2, not played it yet though. Will have to give them a go. I'm getting CoE on the 360 eventually as I want to play it with Kinect. Not really so much interested in shooters (Dead Space / HoTD) on it but I'll see if I can try that golf frisbee game.

As for where it was cheap, Game and Amazon cut the controllers to sub 20 last week. Back up now, though I suspect it's getting a permanent price cut soon.

Edited by Psychotext at 13:11:11 26-10-2011
  • RyanDS 26 Oct 2011 13:13:29 9,356 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sports Champions is actually awesome.

Table Tennis and Bocce took up far too much of my time.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 26 Oct 2011 14:07:20 14,033 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sports Champions, that's the game I meant. :)

If you haven't played LBP2 at all you can look forward to a few update downloads. The Move update was 500Mb.
  • Psychotext 26 Oct 2011 14:08:32 54,179 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God I hate the way Sony handles game updates. :(
  • Ryze 26 Oct 2011 17:28:10 3,124 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ecosse_011172 - I went into Cash Gen about 2 months ago, looking to haggle the price of a single Move wand down to a tenner.

I ended up getting an entire Move Starter Pack for 15, as he had LOADS in stock.

Start at Cash Gen (especially the Manchester one), and act dumb, but like you're bargain hunting. You shouldn't show that you're aware of the current RRP price.

Also, I got The Fight NEW for 10 (or possibly less) from ASDA. It can be played with a single wand and a Dual Shock/ Sixaxis, but that is crap. Use two wands. It's OK, as a game, but a decent workout for your arms.

:)
  • Page

of 71 First / Last