The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Page 3

• Page

of 85 First / Last

• Deleted user 15 June 2010 21:06:23
    Probably the safest and dullest Zelda I've ever seen. Don't feel like I'm missing anything at least!
  • AlcohollicA 15 Jun 2010 21:12:46 2,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Im pretty sure theres something to this that we havent been shown yet. Something to do with the sky. Link does dive off a cliff at the end of the trailer. The trailer is called Link to the future, it shows the past, then some TP style gameplay but cuts off before the future. :)
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 21:13:34
    AlcohollicA wrote:
    Im pretty sure theres something to this that we havent been shown yet. Something to do with the sky. Link does dive off a cliff at the end of the trailer. The trailer is called Link to the future, it shows the past, then some TP style gameplay but cuts off before the future. :)

I doubt they wouldn't show the big feature when revealing the new Zelda. Sounds like you're in denial to me.
  • M83J01P97 15 Jun 2010 21:15:49 6,711 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is so obviously just going to be a 'sky world' type place you have to go to every now and then to do some stuff that makes Link gasp with delight while we all stand around looking like fools in front of our expensive TVs.
  • AlcohollicA 15 Jun 2010 21:15:55 2,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You may be right like. Just seems a bit strange that they called TP the last traditional zelda game then show what appears to be a cell shaded clone of it.
  • M83J01P97 15 Jun 2010 21:18:04 6,711 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AlcohollicA wrote:
    You may be right like. Just seems a bit strange that they called TP the last traditional zelda game then show what appears to be a cell shaded clone of it.

Strange... or Nintendo further proving their reluctance to try anything different?
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 21:18:20
    deathgibbon wrote:
    AlcohollicA wrote:

I doubt they wouldn't show the big feature when revealing the new Zelda. Sounds like you're in denial to me.
    Well they really didn't say anything about it at all did they?
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:03:42
    Screenies Looks lush IMO.

We still know nothing about what it's McGuffin is, or how it'll be different from the previous game though.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:04:50
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:07:25
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:
    AlcohollicA wrote:

Might say more about the game, really.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:17:15
    Can't you just link these things instead of a wall of text?
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:18:04
    deathgibbon wrote:
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:
    AlcohollicA wrote:

Might say more about the game, really.
    I dunno, they did say that it will work very different. Here's hoping.
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Jun 2010 22:25:44 48,225 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Okay, I'm not sold on the 'look' at all. It's not Twilight Princess, which is good, but it's not Wind Waker either. It's sort of somewhere in between and somehow not as good as either. And that horrible Wiimote overlay has to die. Immediately.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:28:25
    It probably will, it's still a while off. The look, reminds my of aLttP, I love it, but as ever it's a while away.
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Jun 2010 22:40:30 48,225 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Having studied the shots a little more closely I've now decided that I hate it. It's Twilight Princess but crappily cell-shaded. Kill it now! :-D
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:43:37
    Can't say I hate it, but it is hardly making me want to get that second wii I planned on buying for this game. Dolphin emulator in 2012 ahoy!
  • daz_john_smith 15 Jun 2010 22:47:47 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope the full game doesn't have the controls printed on screen throughout the game like the E3 demo does.

Other than that I think it looks fantastic. A new take on the Zelda franchise would have been great and this did all look a little familiar, but as long as it's a solid, polished game and as fun as previous Zeldas I'm happy for now.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 22:48:33 7,782 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There must be something we haven't seen. That last shot was designed to be a cliffhanger, it begs a question...the answer to be revealed at later date.

I dunno. Even Nintendo wouldn't just take TP, slap on some slightly more 1:1 controls and some cel shading and then release it again, which is what this looks like.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:50:52
    The videos are titled "Link to the Future". There's probably a clue in that.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:55:42
    More of the same but very slightly different? Awesome. Sold.
  • Hunam 15 Jun 2010 22:57:00 20,674 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't like the graphics at all. The style itself isn't bad, but the textures are bland and the level geometry looks more simple and scaled back from TP.

The gameplay itself looks fun but I'm not sure I could quite handle the graphics for too long.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 22:57:49
    DEAD INSIDE!!
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Jun 2010 22:59:17 48,225 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Like Link's eyes?
  • Hunam 15 Jun 2010 23:00:31 20,674 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The art style itself I have no problems with, but all the 2D assets are blurry and the vines and the eye on the door seems to look like they are floating just in front of the wall. Kinda like Mini-Ninja's to be honest, good art idea just badly pulled off.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 23:02:43
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Love it...vinegar strokes....
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 23:03:27
    To be fair, my first impression was that the graphics don't look half as good as TP's.

...actually, that was my second and third impression as well...
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 23:04:31 7,782 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    The videos are titled "Link to the Future". There's probably a clue in that.

Indeed. I shall cling to this.

To be honest they would be proper, proper cunts if they said that phrase which evokes

1) the future
    2) LttP

and then followed through with fuck all future or LttP style shizzle
  • Page

of 85 First / Last