The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Page 85

• Page

of 85 First / Last

Next
  • simiankid 25 Feb 2014 12:15:32 602 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Ror1984 - Yeah, you're very close to the end. I think I got all the parts of the Song of the Hero over two evenings' play, and then I'm pretty sure I finished it the day after that.

I felt it was a bit filler-y toward the end two, but I guess that was just my impatience to get the damn thing finished. The final few sections are suitably epic though.
  • Ror Friendliest Forumite, 2014 25 Feb 2014 22:01:55 5,261 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @simiankid Yeah, to be honest I think it's the same with me - I have other games I want to get to and I've had this on the go for a while (I passed the fifty hour mark yesterday!) Thankfully the final two parts of the song were quicker and more enjoyable.

I've since done Sky Keep (which I really enjoyed after an initial few minutes of confusion/frustration) and claimed the Triforce. I left it last night with Ghirahim kidnapping Zelda, so I reckon I'll finish it next time I get back to it.

I have really enjoyed the vast majority of it, but I think 30-35 hours is the Zelda game sweet spot for me. Though again, it probably doesn't help that I played A Link Between Worlds immediately before this, and then Wind Waker HD immediately before that. I'm on a bit of a Zelda kick at the moment!
  • Ror Friendliest Forumite, 2014 27 Feb 2014 22:18:55 5,261 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And done! Really enjoyed that, bar a few frustrating moments and a bit of padding. I think my final time was just under 52 hours :|
  • spindle9988 20 Apr 2015 08:14:29 3,752 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started playing this over the weekend. I am only on the 1st dungeon but I am loving the new art style

Xbox gamertag Clumsy Shooter
    PS ClumsyShooter
    WiiU Clumsy1

• MrFlay 20 Apr 2015 09:26:37 1,416 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's lovely. I just wish the resolution was higher.
  • gekoneko 20 Apr 2015 09:40:59 222 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Yeah, I'm going through the Wii back-catalogue, and for all the flack it got about poor graphics, it has some spectacularly styled games. Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Mad World, paper mario, okami...It's a pity my computer can't handle dolphin as I could play them in HD, but they're not unimpressive even in fuzzy SD.
  • spindle9988 20 Apr 2015 11:46:29 3,752 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I quite like the SD resolution on some games, especially with RPG's. It gives them a certain charm. Love the fact the wii u plays wii games, I have loads of cheap games to go through

Xbox gamertag Clumsy Shooter
    PS ClumsyShooter
    WiiU Clumsy1

• Armoured_Bear 20 Apr 2015 12:02:42 13,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    It's lovely. I just wish the resolution was higher.
    Yeah, really beautiful game.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Ror Friendliest Forumite, 2014 20 Apr 2015 12:46:09 5,261 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I quite like the SD resolution on some games, especially with RPG's. It gives them a certain charm. Love the fact the wii u plays wii games, I have loads of cheap games to go through
    Yeah, I'm really happy about this. I have a good handful of unplayed Wii games, and this makes it easier to actually get around to them. I haven't really touched my 360/PS3 backlog since getting the newer consoles, as it's too much clutter having them all hooked up, and just a bit too much of a pain in the arse to keep switching between them.
  • JoeGBallad 20 Apr 2015 13:40:15 399 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Wii has one of the best back catalogues in console history, for my money. It has an incredible range of genres, and some of the greatest examples of those genres too.

I also like that, as a console of comparative power to the PS2 (I know that's a meaningless phrase and makes very little sense, but roll with it for a second) it has plenty of games that don't put spectacle ahead of game mechanics, as was the case for a lot of the big games on PS3 and 360.

And god bless Nintendo for making the Wii U backwards compatible. Now if only it would play Gamecube discs as well so I could get rid of another console under my telly...

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• JoeGBallad 20 Apr 2015 13:40:15 399 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Wii has one of the best back catalogues in console history, for my money. It has an incredible range of genres, and some of the greatest examples of those genres too.

I also like that, as a console of comparative power to the PS2 (I know that's a meaningless phrase and makes very little sense, but roll with it for a second) it has plenty of games that don't put spectacle ahead of game mechanics, as was the case for a lot of the big games on PS3 and 360.

And god bless Nintendo for making the Wii U backwards compatible. Now if only it would play Gamecube discs as well so I could get rid of another console under my telly...

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Page

of 85 First / Last

Next