The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Page 81

  • Page

    of 85 First / Last

  • Blaketown 4 Mar 2013 14:48:56 4,645 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The trolls in this thread are out of control. Disguising their obvious trolling as well reasoned opinions.

    It's fucking disgusting!

    Brap, brap, old chap.

  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Mar 2013 18:58:06 6,654 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Disgusting is too light.
  • munki83 4 Mar 2013 19:05:12 1,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    It's a game designed for old people and retards. Nintendo are so far up their own arse with the "we make our games accessible to everyone" bollocks that you'd have to be a simpleton to not get frustrated with their constant hand-holding and spelling-it-out shite.

    Twilight Princess sold more to a userbase of 4 million than Skyward Sword did to a userbase of 90 million. Hardly anybody wants to play a Zelda game where you have to wave a wiimote around like a spastic, the majority of people suffered through these shitty controls because they like Zelda, not because they like the controls. It's something that sounds good in theory ("I can use the Wiimote like a real sword, amazing!" ) but after a couple of hours with it, the reality of it sets in and you just wish you had the precise accuracy of a proper controller instead.
    Numbers = sh*t. If I were to point out to you that the Wii was/is the best selling console this gen, would that in theory make it the best...no? Thought as much. On the topic of Skyward Swords controls, google Skyward Sword reviews and the majority of them will list the controls as a positive, a tool which has allowed Nintendo to create a new and fresh experience with one of its staple IP's. If you were to "wave a wiimote" around like a spastic" as you so eloquently put it, you would be dead an awful lot of the time. "Precise accuracy of a proper controller"!? Give it a rest.
    +1 good fellow

    Ok some wii games have terrible controls but so do some pc and other console games. Its up to the designers to make use of the tools they have and while they can be some waggletastic games on the Wii the controls for skyward sword were pretty solid.

    By comparison lets say you were to use a normal controller for skyward sword you would need to either use multiple button combinations or simplify the game mechanics. Love or hate the wii it introduced a method of control not possible with conventional controllers.

    Edited by munki83 at 19:05:44 04-03-2013
  • nickthegun 4 Mar 2013 19:10:46 59,282 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You do realise you +1d a complete moron, right?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • nickthegun 4 Mar 2013 19:12:04 59,282 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Blaketown wrote:
    The trolls in this thread are out of control. Disguising their obvious trolling as well reasoned opinions.

    It's fucking disgusting!
    I only wish the moderator of this particular forum would put a stop to the disgusting remarks flying around which make no mention of Skyward Sword.
    You chased off the only moderator willing to give you the time of day, genius.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • RyanDS 4 Mar 2013 19:14:55 9,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Higgins has clearly never owned any console that isn't nintendo.

    Bet he's never bought a console at launch either.
  • nickthegun 4 Mar 2013 19:16:45 59,282 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If motion controls were any good, every game released after 2010 wouldnt have shunned them.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • munki83 4 Mar 2013 19:22:10 1,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If motion controls were any good, every game released after 2010 wouldnt have shunned them.
    What games have shunned them wasn't 2011/2012 the years of Kinect, Move and erm......about 3/4 great wii releases :p

    Also HAPPY 1000th post

    Edited by munki83 at 19:22:37 04-03-2013
  • ecureuil 4 Mar 2013 19:22:11 76,643 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If motion controls were any good, every game released after 2010 wouldnt have shunned them.
    And Skyward Sword would have sold a hell of a lot better too.

    Edited by ecureuil at 19:22:25 04-03-2013
  • ecureuil 4 Mar 2013 19:25:49 76,643 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    munki83 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    If motion controls were any good, every game released after 2010 wouldnt have shunned them.
    What games have shunned them wasn't 2011/2012 the years of Kinect, Move and erm......about 3/4 great wii releases :p
    Motion controls were really obviously a fad that is on the wane now. This was pretty clear after about two years of the Wii.

    Even Nintendo have ditched it already for their new console. How much more evidence do you need?
  • macmurphy 4 Mar 2013 19:30:39 999 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @higgins78

    Have to stop you there. Move was brilliant, much more accurate than Wiimotion+. No idea why it didn't take off but the tech was much better than the Wiimote.

    Also the Kinect was more of a party thing, like a big eyetoy. It sold plenty and to be fair a lot of people enjoyed mucking about on the party games. It was useless at conventional games, but if you took it for what it was it was fine.
  • ecureuil 4 Mar 2013 19:30:40 76,643 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zelda isn't a niche title like Shenmue. When a Zelda game sells badly, especially on a console that's sold 100 million units, questions need to be asked at Nintendo as to what went wrong.
  • RyanDS 4 Mar 2013 19:31:05 9,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    munki83 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    If motion controls were any good, every game released after 2010 wouldnt have shunned them.
    What games have shunned them wasn't 2011/2012 the years of Kinect, Move and erm......about 3/4 great wii releases :p
    Motion controls were really obviously a fad that is on the wane now. This was pretty clear after about two years of the Wii.

    Even Nintendo have ditched it already for their new console. How much more evidence do you need?
    I'm sorry, Nintendo have not "ditched" Motion Controls for their new console, that being why Pikmin 3 (for certain) and other titles releasing for the WiiU will be using them to its advantage. Wii Motion Plus, and you can mark my words, will still play an important part in the future of Nintendo.
    That's why the wii u comes with a wii mote in the box right?
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Mar 2013 19:31:35 6,654 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Far too convoluted range of input devices on the wii u.
  • Cappy 4 Mar 2013 19:36:13 11,875 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bet there is a control scheme for Pikmin 3 that works with the pad. It's got to work with what comes in the box, it's too early in the Wii U's life cycle to expect everybody to have gathered various additional bits of plastic shit.

    The requirement of an expansion to the Wii Remote was the reason I never bought Skyward Sword, software not working with what comes as standard in the box is how you lose sales and audience.
  • RyanDS 4 Mar 2013 19:40:05 9,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    macmurphy wrote:
    @higgins78

    Have to stop you there. Move was brilliant, much more accurate than Wiimotion+. No idea why it didn't take off but the tech was much better than the Wiimote.

    Also the Kinect was more of a party thing, like a big eyetoy. It sold plenty and to be fair a lot of people enjoyed mucking about on the party games. It was useless at conventional games, but if you took it for what it was it was fine.
    That argument for Kinect would be fine if it weren't for it costing 100 plus sans game. If Move were "brilliant, more accurate than Wii Motion Plus" then I take it Sony's developers simply aren't a patch on Nintendo's...that surely is the only reason left.
    Sports Champions is actually a rather good sports simulation. Wii Sports is a party game.

    That's because Move is a fantastic motion control, however it is a shit pointer.
  • ecureuil 4 Mar 2013 19:40:12 76,643 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    macmurphy wrote:
    @higgins78

    Have to stop you there. Move was brilliant, much more accurate than Wiimotion+. No idea why it didn't take off but the tech was much better than the Wiimote.

    Also the Kinect was more of a party thing, like a big eyetoy. It sold plenty and to be fair a lot of people enjoyed mucking about on the party games. It was useless at conventional games, but if you took it for what it was it was fine.
    That argument for Kinect would be fine if it weren't for it costing 100 plus sans game. If Move were "brilliant, more accurate than Wii Motion Plus" then I take it Sony's developers simply aren't a patch on Nintendo's...that surely is the only reason left.
    It's because a) motion controls are a fad that started to fade by the time the Move hit the market and b) no developer is going to spend millions making a game for a device that only 2% of the userbase owns.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Mar 2013 19:44:12 6,654 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mario galaxy would have been a better game imo without the starbits. It was a work of art despite the motion functionality.

    Zelda I really tried to like, but it bored the piss out of me within an hour or so.
  • Page

    of 85 First / Last

Log in or register to reply