The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Page 80

• Page

of 85 First / Last

• kalel 4 Mar 2013 11:40:05 88,457 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone that uses the phrase "shovelware" is clearly a troll.
  • LeoliansBro 4 Mar 2013 11:44:38 44,512 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem is waggle never delivered on what was promised. Even when you forked out even more dollar for Wiimotion Plus it fell short.

Quick, name 5 games that used Wiimotion Plus.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 4 March 2013 11:47:25
    Move and Kinect are both far more advanced technologically than the Wii waggle. Why are they expensive tat but the Wii controls are the second coming?

Anyone who would think such a thing is obviously trolling or deluded.

Edited by Aargh. at 11:48:09 04-03-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Mar 2013 11:49:25 38,728 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Higgins, give it a rest. Your act is getting seriously old now, and bumping this thread just to have another trolly whinge isn't going to do you any favours.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• binky Moderator 4 Mar 2013 11:49:53 9,706 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    In seriousness though, I stopped playing this game for two reasons.

1: The constant prompts of text from Fi/finding something i'd already found
    2: The motion controls, though very good and in ways, revolutionary, were just tiring.

It got to the point where I was actively discouraging myself from playing because I couldn't be arsed to wave my hands around for the 2-3 hours at a time I usually spend playing a Zelda game.
    This. I stopped playing because the control method to me, felt like a chore. A barrier to enjoying the game.
  • Deckard1 4 Mar 2013 11:50:30 28,756 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    higgins isn't a troll guys. In fact nothing could be fava from the truth.
  • Deleted user 4 March 2013 11:52:30
    Deckard1 wrote:
    higgins isn't a troll guys. In fact nothing could be fava from the truth.
    I've bean thinking that for a while now.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 11:53:13 11,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How anyone could fail to be annoyed by bleating Fi telling you what to do nect, beeping that your health is low on top of the already bleeping low hearts is beyond me.
    The shame is that the game has/could have loads going for it, the world is beautiful, the characters superbly designed, the potential for adventure and exploration in the skies, the dungeons are truly excellent and the combat was enjoyable.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Cappy 4 Mar 2013 11:53:38 12,031 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm seriously tempted to prompt all the people I know that couldn't stomach Skyward Sword's controls and overall design to post in here so we can really put that 99.9% claim to the test.
  • nickthegun 4 Mar 2013 11:55:03 60,508 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Here is higgins definition of a conversation:

HERE IS MY OPINION. IT IS FACT.

Ok, but I think this

HERE IS MY OPINION WITH SWEARING. IT IS FACT.

I dont think thats really called for

HERE IS MY OPINION AND YOU ARE A TROLL

OK, whatever

HERE IS MY OPINION. IT IS FACT. PLUS SOMETHING THAT MARKS ME OUT TO BE A MENTAL.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• kinky_mong 4 Mar 2013 11:57:53 10,466 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where did the bean head comments originate from? Anyone got a pic of his beany bonce?

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• binky Moderator 4 Mar 2013 11:59:49 9,706 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Less beaning please.
  • Ziz0u 4 Mar 2013 12:00:38 8,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @kinky_mong

Google
  • javvyman 4 Mar 2013 12:01:01 716 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kinky_mong Please, let's not derail this thread like the Wii U one.

Higgins78 is just one of those good old fashioned Sony/MS plants that purposefully do whatever it takes to make you hate Nintendo by association of hating him.

Edited by javvyman at 12:01:32 04-03-2013
  • creepylizard 4 Mar 2013 12:01:36 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the continuous referencing of CoD, halo, assasins creed etc etc that does my head in. As if the mere mention of three IPs out of a thousand somehow wins whatever discussion he's having(mostly in his head).
  • nickthegun 4 Mar 2013 12:04:51 60,508 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Where did the bean head comments originate from? Anyone got a pic of his beany bonce?
    He said he was in his 20s, a very cursory google proved that not only was this not patently true but, well... you can probably fill in the blanks.

• javvyman 4 Mar 2013 12:11:03 716 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    He said he was in his 20s, a very cursory google proved that not only was this not patently true but, well... you can probably fill in the blanks.
    /points at nickthegun, ENABLER ENABLER!

I just googled it... O.M.G, KILL IT WITH FIRE!
  • nickthegun 4 Mar 2013 12:14:10 60,508 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know, Im terrible.

So, anyway, to get this thread back on track: 1:1 sword controls

• kinky_mong 4 Mar 2013 12:18:54 10,466 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry about the derail, I was baked.

Anyway, Skyward Sword. Boy that game was disappointing. My least favourite bits was having to do the same annoying boss three times, and Fi constantly bleating on.

Edited by kinky_mong at 12:27:44 04-03-2013

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• javvyman 4 Mar 2013 12:23:58 716 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can we have spoiler tags please, thanks!
  • Blaketown 4 Mar 2013 12:28:28 4,776 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendo have years of experience of executing great level design with subtle visual clues to let us know what we are supposed to do such that when I enter a room the brief sweep I get in the intro cinematic lets me know exactly what I need to do.

It is a thing of beauty.

Then a fucking annoying blue thing hops out of Links pocket and I have to click through pages of tedious text spelling out in forensic detail exactly what those initial 2 seconds had already told me.

If they don't allow you to turn this shit off in the WiiU games it's going to be the end of a lifetime of Nintendo console buying.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• munki83 4 Mar 2013 12:32:49 1,438 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a huge Zelda fan and I found Skyward Sword disappointing as well. I got fed up of visiting the same places constantly. I think that needs some clarification. I don't mind going to certain places over and over again for instance I don't mind going to towns as I may need supplies or to find out where to go next in my quest to save world. What I don't like is having to visit the same dungeon areas over and over again. I grew bored of the dungeon locations and wanted to see other places. I wasn't a big fan of the crafting elements in the game but thats a personal thing and it seemed to be fairly well implemented, I just wasn't interested in it.
  • ZuluHero 4 Mar 2013 12:34:11 4,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /small voice

I quite liked Skyward Sword.
  • mrpon 4 Mar 2013 12:38:42 29,203 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    higgins Mum revealed:

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• munki83 4 Mar 2013 12:44:56 1,438 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not saying I didn't like it I just found it disappointing. I think I gave it like a 8/10 or something. I just had some issues with it.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 12:48:46 11,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    Nintendo have years of experience of executing great level design with subtle visual clues to let us know what we are supposed to do such that when I enter a room the brief sweep I get in the intro cinematic lets me know exactly what I need to do.

It is a thing of beauty.

Then a fucking annoying blue thing hops out of Links pocket and I have to click through pages of tedious text spelling out in forensic detail exactly what those initial 2 seconds had already told me.

If they don't allow you to turn this shit off in the WiiU games it's going to be the end of a lifetime of Nintendo console buying.
    That's a really good point, whoever is respnsible for the Fi crap shouldnt be allowed near a Zelda game again.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• hypoBla5t 4 Mar 2013 12:50:59 1,454 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just think there's too much padding in 3D Zeldas. I dislike redoing dungeons and I don't like the way it's never as simple as 'if you do this, you will receive this'.

I don't mind there being obstacles in my path, that's a given, but I do get annoyed at my objective becoming steadily further and further away due to the game inventing yet another reason why I can't have X item when I've already done what I was previously told would be sufficient to get it and advance the story.
  • ecu 4 Mar 2013 14:38:18 77,038 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a game designed for old people and retards. Nintendo are so far up their own arse with the "we make our games accessible to everyone" bollocks that you'd have to be a simpleton to not get frustrated with their constant hand-holding and spelling-it-out shite.

Twilight Princess sold more to a userbase of 4 million than Skyward Sword did to a userbase of 90 million. Hardly anybody wants to play a Zelda game where you have to wave a wiimote around like a spastic, the majority of people suffered through these shitty controls because they like Zelda, not because they like the controls. It's something that sounds good in theory ("I can use the Wiimote like a real sword, amazing!" ) but after a couple of hours with it, the reality of it sets in and you just wish you had the precise accuracy of a proper controller instead.

Edited by ecureuil at 14:50:25 04-03-2013
  • Page

of 85 First / Last