of 85 First / Last

Previous
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 18:33:33 7,767 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game is shit.

Edited by Jazzy_Geoff at 23:18:59 10-01-2013
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 18:36:21
    Looks like TP in every respect but cell shaded. There were a few new weapons. The remote wouldn't work half the time and Miyamoto couldn't shoot a spider that was 1 inch away from Link. The future. If you like Zelda = win. If you like Zelda and were hoping for a next gen sort of something or other = win but a little less.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 18:38:52 7,767 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    well I suppose it would have been nice to see something a little different but trad-zelda is OK by me.

Do we know when it's due out?
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 18:39:57
    Just said next year. Also, the motion control with the sword looked utterly useless. Not sure if it was because of the problems or if it was because, like in TP, its a bit pointless. It didn't seem responsive at all.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 18:42:48 7,767 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Isn't it just the same as Wii Sports Resort? I haven't played that but I thought they had the 1:1 down with motion +, in which case I'm sure it will work here. Not that I'm that bothered about it. As long as it doesn't actively detract from the game I'm happy
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 18:44:18
    You've got to hope that you'll be able to play it using the Classic controller. The motion controls looked terrible.

Okay visual style, but it was the same old Zelda. I thought people had their hopes up for a revolution of Zelda and not just the same thing again? In fact, didn't Nintendo say that Twilight Princess would be the last traditional 3D Zelda?
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 18:44:23
    Yeah thats what they said in the presentation, that it was the same as Resort. It look laggy and non-responsive to me, he was swinging and it didn't seem to respond. They were having a nightmare with the remote though, so it would be nice to see some more videos.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Jun 2010 18:47:32 7,767 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    You've got to hope that you'll be able to play it using the Classic controller. The motion controls looked terrible.

Okay visual style, but it was the same old Zelda. I thought people had their hopes up for a revolution of Zelda and not just the same thing again? In fact, didn't Nintendo say that Twilight Princess would be the last traditional 3D Zelda?

I'm OK with it but I can understand why some people will be a bit let down. If it is the same old hyrulian romp they are going to really struggle to differentiate it from TP.

But I love Zelda, so personally, I can live with it.
  • JetSetWilly 15 Jun 2010 18:50:24 5,721 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are there any decent images and whatnot around yet? There's some pictures of it blown up the conference screen on Kotaku and it's not very inspiring stuff.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 18:51:39
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

I'm OK with it but I can understand why some people will be a bit let down. If it is the same old hyrulian romp they are going to really struggle to differentiate it from TP.

But I love Zelda, so personally, I can live with it.

I bought Twilight Princess, but that was the end of Zelda for me. Got very boring very quickly. I don't have a Wii anymore, but I'd be willing to re-buy one if Nintendo really did something adventurous with Zelda.

Kirby and Donkey Kong look wonderful, but they're not enough to buy a console on, IMO.
  • the_dudefather 15 Jun 2010 18:52:53 9,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Deleted user 15 June 2010 18:53:10
    deathgibbon wrote:
    but I'd be willing to re-buy one if Nintendo really did something adventurous with Zelda.
    They really didn't say much about it did they? Either intentional or the controller issues totally fucked it.
  • funkyd 15 Jun 2010 18:58:11 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    There obviously were setup problems, the controls will be fine.

You've played it yourself then?
  • Sharks 15 Jun 2010 19:00:35 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    There obviously were setup problems, the controls will be fine.

Yeah, it was err, because of all the wireless devices! It was the audience's fault!
  • Syrette 15 Jun 2010 19:03:56 43,359 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why are you guys taking him seriously?

• Sharks 15 Jun 2010 19:07:05 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We're not lol
  • Telepathic.Geometry 15 Jun 2010 19:09:28 11,298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If the controls work as advertised, I'll be loving this game. I like that the gameplay is going to be involving lots of clever little puzzles involving the angle that you sweep the sword in, and I guess that German site's claims will turn out to be true after all then. Okami style drawing of runes to open doors, etc. I think of Metroid Prime 3 and how much joy they squeezed out of the control scheme for simple shit like opening doors even. :)

....if the controls work.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• funkyd 15 Jun 2010 19:11:38 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The sword looked far too long, surely Link wouldn't be strong enough to keep it upright?
  • Sharks 15 Jun 2010 19:13:24 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Link has no personality, I hope he has a character this time round.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 19:13:40
    I was really up for getting excited about a Zelda game but I just find it hard to care after seeing that video. More of the same by the look of it.
  • smallvillefan 15 Jun 2010 19:15:58 41 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They really had some shit luck with the live gameplay demo of this one. I can't help but think I'd be more excited if the thing had worked perfectly on stage. Guess we'll never know now.

I'll still be there day one though obviously.
  • M83J01P97 15 Jun 2010 19:40:04 6,600 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks very "been there, done that" to me... was kind of expecting something dramatically different from this one that actually looked like a new Zelda game, and not TP part 2...

It 'could' be very good indeed. But nothing from that reveal struck me as being very exciting at all.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2010 19:42:14
    fröd wrote:
    they basically retrofitted wii sports resort into zelda.

so you'll have gameplay mechanics you're tired of slotted into a game you're tired of.

That about does it for console Zelda's for me.

I loved the reinvention of the series on the two DS entries, so not really bothered.
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Jun 2010 19:42:40 23,950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I was hoping for something a bit different. It's all a bit stale I think now. Terrible name too.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• HoriZon 15 Jun 2010 19:43:50 13,530 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not played a Zelda game since WW i got TP when it came out but only managed to play it for 4 hours till i was so bored of it and never went back.

I have the 2 games from the DS and have not played them yet.

This one looks fun though!

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• CosmicFuzz 15 Jun 2010 19:46:18 23,950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It looks the exact same as before. If you were bored of TP won't you be bored of this?

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• HoriZon 15 Jun 2010 19:47:56 13,530 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It looks the exact same as before. If you were bored of TP won't you be bored of this?

Depends if they move it on a bit as TP suffered that GC/Wii crossover as it was made for the GC and ported to the Wii later.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Deleted user 15 June 2010 19:51:26
    Yes, it actually controls like shown in the demo. lmbo and smh
  • Page

of 85 First / Last

Previous