Dust: An Elysian Tail Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 18 August 2012 15:50:55
    Nothing to do with fanboyism, just your lack of understanding of what the game really is.

Anyway. Dust.
  • BigDannyH 17 Oct 2012 12:23:35 26 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What a great little game. Only about half way through but really enjoying it.

Not sure the review was fair when criticising the difficulty. Playing on "tough" it's still pretty easy for your average enemy but it don't half hurt when you do get hit. And if you miss a parry, kappow! Almost all my money gets instantly spent on chicken when I find a shop.

I like the art style which seems like a great contrast when some of the grimier stuff in the story happens. I'm kind of hoping it'll be a massive disguise in the end for what could be a pretty nasty tale (tail?) of war.

As for the guy on here saying it's sexualised. What the what???
  • CrispyLog 19 Oct 2012 03:07:04 114 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I played on normal and found it a good challenge. You seem to do a fair bit of damage and you have to keep mobile hitting enemies and doing the flyding Duststorm, but if you get hit by something it can really hurt you. Those blobs of goo that shoot out spears could take me down in 2 hits. But yeh it's a good difficulty, though I tried turning it up and got destroyed. You can grind to level up or use your money for loads of health potions, so difficult bits can be easily completeld even without skill.
    The combat was fairly simple but I just found it so enjoyable and satisfying, I couldn't get bored of it.
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 Apr 2013 11:02:00 9,697 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This game is great fun. I've got to the 3rd chapter so far but have been having some trouble with one of the enemies, it is the flying things that spawn zombie and don't allow you to hit them becuase they just teleport to a different part of the screen. Are you just meant to use the magic attacks on them?
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Apr 2013 11:38:54 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had a lot of trouble with those at first too, magic attacks are definitely the way to go - the lightning one totally decimates them if you've upgraded enough. My biggest piece of advice - don't forget to upgrade Fidget alongside your other stats! Her attacks become more and more useful the further in you get (not least for the 1000-hit combo achievement!). :)
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 Apr 2013 11:47:03 9,697 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent, cheers Blerk.
    I've only upgraded her about 3 times so I'll put the next few upgrades into that. I have a few side quests to do so I may do them to get the experience then go back to the main quest after.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Apr 2013 11:49:17 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You'll need to start upgrading her anyway as it'll stop letting you upgrade the other three stats once you reach a certain point if you're neglecting one.
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 Apr 2013 12:08:08 9,697 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah yes, I know what you mean. I noticed a small section increase when I upgraded the magic section. Thanks for your help my good man.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Apr 2013 12:16:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My pleasure, it's nice to see more people playing this as it didn't feel like it did as well as it should have. I loved it!
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Apr 2013 10:12:59 9,697 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have those guys I was struggling with sorted now, no problem. I even managed to get a combo over 1000 hits but died before I could reach a save point so need to do it again for it to register.

With this, Terraria and Minecraft on the go at the moment I'm rather enjoying my gaming sessions.
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Apr 2013 10:37:11 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had a few problems getting the 1000-combo thing to register until I realised that it's not enough to get over 1000, you also need the combo to end without you getting hit. i.e. once you have over 1000 you need to get away from the baddies and let the combo time out, if the combo gets broken it doesn't count.
  • Tekkirai 12 Apr 2013 10:38:57 104 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Blerk Well, it has anthropomorphic characters in it, so it'll automatically do a lot worse than if it were with human characters.
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Apr 2013 11:04:37 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gamers have lost all of their imagination, it seems.
  • Tekkirai 12 Apr 2013 11:20:19 104 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not so much that. It's more the "furries" stigma doing the rounds these days that's causing it. It's gotten to the point where even people like Tim Schafer don't want to play/hate khajiit in the Elder Scrolls games just because he relates them to furries.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next