FIFA 11

• Page

of 76 First / Last

Previous
  • uglygamer 8 Jun 2010 15:46:25 11,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    [code]The latest issue of UK lads mag Zoo has revealed details of FIFA 11.

According to the mag, new systems include Pro Passing, which makes it harder to perform ping-pong exchanges up to the halfway line, and a new emphasis on players' individual attributes.

These should be more evident during regular play all over the pitch, rather than just in obvious areas like speed and acceleration, and new body types will make it easier to distinguish players at a distance.

Other new tricks include swerve passes, driven and backspin lofted through balls, and refined goalkeepers.

It will also be possible to customise your team's chants and intro music.

Look out for a massive FIFA 11 "blowout" tomorrow on Eurogamer based on our experience with the game, which should be out this autumn, and our discussions with developer EA Canada. [/code]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-11-detailed-in-uk-lads-mag

Used the search, no threads for FIFA 11.
  • THFourteen 8 Jun 2010 15:47:14 31,837 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    this isn't an "official" thread though.
  • dunts 8 Jun 2010 15:52:45 4,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Interested to hear more about this.
  • uglygamer 8 Jun 2010 15:55:44 11,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    According to the mag, new systems include Pro Passing, which makes it harder to perform ping-pong exchanges up to the halfway line, and a new emphasis on players' individual attributes.

This bit sounds good. With the FIFA games its way too easy to keep possession and pass around the back when you take the lead.
  • Big-Swiss 8 Jun 2010 15:55:57 7,956 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    the race is unleashed! PES or FIFA for 2011, we will see!

not a troll post, I am a PES fan, but I did agree on 2010 going to FIFA.
    but I did stick with PES personally.

anyhow, this is the FIFA thread, so for me to switch to FIFA, the shooting woudl have to be improved, that is something that doesen't cklick with meas much as it does on the other.
  • matt6666 8 Jun 2010 16:29:06 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like manual evolution for both ... Good thing imo, the only reason I don't set Fifa to manual is it's pointless unless your oponent fucking sucks too.. Way more rewarding just completing a pass though.
  • lovely2cu 9 Jun 2010 09:51:49 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Preview on the front page:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-11-preview

Key new features: Player personality, more realistic passing and online goal saves(!!).

The Sim King sounds like it's evolving in all the right places.
  • uglygamer 9 Jun 2010 10:34:37 11,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One thing I would love in FIFA games is an option where you can watch others play in head to head online matches.
  • BabyJesus 9 Jun 2010 10:38:14 4,412 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If custom formations are in online no sale.

Can't be arsed with another 12 months of playing teams with 9 at the back and Ronaldo up front.
  • dunts 9 Jun 2010 16:09:36 4,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just read the preview, the passing improvement does sound good. Penalites from the World Cup game make the transition which should mean that you get given penalties for bad standing tackles in the box. Where in Fifa 10 you never got them. Also the chipping is nerfed and the keepers stay on their line more like in the WC game.

Lots of little tweaks, Handball is an optional toggle? Customise looseness and shape of goalnets.

Being able to throw in custom chants and songs could be quite funny. You can basically record anything you want, burn it to a CD and rip to your HDD and whack it on FIFA.

When you score an amazing goal, you'll also - finally - be able to save the replay locally, even if you're playing an online match.

No mention of Clubs or Be A Pro yet.
  • andywilkie35 9 Jun 2010 16:32:23 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dunts wrote:
    When you score an amazing goal, you'll also - finally - be able to save the replay locally, even if you're playing an online match.

Probably one of the best things they've announced to be honest. FIFA2010 was my first FIFA in ages after becoming disillusioned with PES, and making the switch was definitely the best choice, but was disappointed not to be able to save replays locally. Living in a flat with mates means I couldn't record my many, many moments of genius, now I can!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• FutileResistor 9 Jun 2010 19:59:18 1,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dunts wrote:
    Lots of little tweaks, Handball is an optional toggle? Customise looseness and shape of goalnets.

Thank god it's optional and the default is off.

This is a really stupid idea.

Who are the people requesting handball as an option, are you on drugs? In real life only intentional handballs are penalised. How pissed off are you going to be to lose a match because the ref arbitarily decides to give a penalty because you have 'deliberately' handballed when you have no control over the process at all?
  • uglygamer 10 Jun 2010 10:45:48 11,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some information regarding quitters and club mode.

[code]The developers of FIFA 11 have told Eurogamer that they are "confident" of fixing the things people find offputting about the multiplayer side of FIFA, but that people quitting out from losing positions "comes with the territory".

That's not to say the team is ignoring the harmful impact of "rage quitting", as lead producer David Rutter explained.

"One of the things we've been toying with the idea of is a gentlemanly defeat where you can request to quit," he told Eurogamer.

"Where if you're 5-0 down you can say, 'Look this is no fun, can I please leave?' And the other person can say yes or no.

"The other one we've been toying with is, if they quit then the AI takes over and you play out against the CPU.

"But it is incredibly frustrating. I guess take a certain amount of cheer from it that you've played so well that the other person is infuriated to the point of quitting. I think it comes with the territory of football games."

Clubs mode - in which teams of up to five humans competed against one another - came under fire last year after the developer reduced the quality of the NPC players who fill out the squads.

This resulted in annoying situations where human players, using "Pro" players they had levelled up, would be paired with child-like defenders and goalkeepers who could barely reach the crossbar.

"It's a tough one because we're kind of on the frontiers of what's been done before, so actually getting people to turn up and do these things is a challenge in itself sometimes," Rutter told us.

"Last year what we wanted to do was discourage people somewhat from being Manchester United and 'I want to be Wayne Rooney', and actually allowing them to become football stars in their own right.

"I think in many ways we achieved that and in some ways we didn't... We're pretty confident we're addressing the vast majority of things that people are unhappy about in Clubs this year.

"I can't talk about a whole bunch of stuff, but we are definitely having goalkeepers who are like goalkeepers, and you have defenders who are like defenders. But if you want to set yourself up as a five-foot centre-back, and that's your personality, then we're going to let you do that. The AI won't generate team support players for you based on ridiculous physical attributes."

Creative director Gary Paterson concurred: "Obviously we made a mistake with four-foot goalies and what-have-you, because it unbalanced the game. We're aware of that and we're going to address that.

"But the general idea behind it is that we want to encourage people to play with 10 players." [/code]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-11-developers-tackle-clubs-quitters
  • dogbot 10 Jun 2010 10:49:30 2,272 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are they going to remove the offline multiplayer from this, too?
  • lovely2cu 10 Jun 2010 11:07:10 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FutileResistor wrote:
    dunts wrote:

Thank god it's optional and the default is off.

This is a really stupid idea.

Who are the people requesting handball as an option, are you on drugs? In real life only intentional handballs are penalised. How pissed off are you going to be to lose a match because the ref arbitarily decides to give a penalty because you have 'deliberately' handballed when you have no control over the process at all?
    Yeah, it's like the people that want a 'dive button' option. What the fuck? WHY?!?!
  • lovely2cu 10 Jun 2010 11:09:31 1,194 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The best idea for combating quitters is to display your opponents DNF in the lobby screen. That way, you can make a somewhat informed guess as to the likelihood of them completing the game.
  • dunts 10 Jun 2010 12:21:16 4,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Clubs -

Creative director Gary Paterson concurred: "Obviously we made a mistake with four-foot goalies and what-have-you, because it unbalanced the game. We're aware of that and we're going to address that.

Really? How can 4 foot goalies ever be a good idea.

The defence is getting sorted out too.
  • dunts 10 Jun 2010 12:22:35 4,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lovely2cu wrote:
    The best idea for combating quitters is to display your opponents DNF in the lobby screen. That way, you can make a somewhat informed guess as to the likelihood of them completing the game.

They do this already in Clubs/Online Team Play, just not head-to-head but you can search for people with less than 10%DNF if you wish.
  • corstick 10 Jun 2010 12:52:37 3,263 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The horrific AI goalie/defence stats essentially ruined Clubs this year. There's only so many times you can watch the oppositions giant forward out pace your entire defence and hit a 40 yard floater over the midget goalie's head.

On the subject of quitting, my solution would be to tie the DNF% to your teams ingame stats. Once it gets over say 30%, start lowing skills on a sliding scale. Harsh but there's no reason to have a DNF that high unless you're a prick. A similar thing should happen with red cards in Clubs. Every time you're sent off you have to play the next game at -25% stats. Stop the gimps who think it's so clever to get a match abandoned.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2010 13:25:02
    Include a none-stat club mode and another club mode for the people who think 10 v 10 works.
  • malteaserhead 10 Jun 2010 13:36:16 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like the idea of requesting a termination of the game. I've been caught out mid game a fair few times (with the door/phone etc) and would rather the other person didn't think I was just acting the knob.

They really need to fix the keepers too, like corstick says, those 40-50 yrd efforts are boring and just ruin the game. There's always gonna be these kinds of exploits (like the cutback from the sideline was in PES/other versions of Fifa) but they have overlooked this one for at least 2 games now.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2010 13:53:12
    malteaserhead wrote:

There's always gonna be these kinds of exploits (like the cutback from the sideline was in PES/other versions of Fifa)
    +1 That was the most annoying exploit ever. In actual fact it was in the football games for so long that even now people still cutback and refuse to cross when they are in decent positions.
  • ryohazuki1983 10 Jun 2010 16:43:56 688 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Couldn't they just get rid off the quit option altogether? make the quitter reboot their console to actually quit (like mario kart and i'm sure many others?!)
  • matt6666 10 Jun 2010 17:17:57 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    WC2010 strikers heading towards goal seems overpowered.

Hate the whole 'variables to engineer psychological phenomina' like having world class players fuck up passes because of momentum.. bs imo.

Also, the ball seems to tag the ref at least once or twice a game..
  • Deleted user 7 July 2010 18:29:15
    Only 20 percent of the new features revealed?

[code]EA has only revealed 20% of FIFA 11's new features, reckons PSM3 magazine.

Reporting on its latest hands-on with this year's instalment, the mag reveals that EA's hinted an all new tackling system could be implemented.

"Overall [FIFA 11 is] a bit slower and more considered, and very physical," it says. "EA have only revealed 20% of the new features, and [producer David] Rutter hints a new jostle/tackle system is yet to be announced."

On its hands-on time, PSM3 says: "Time on the ball felt scarce, so technique players really make a difference with one-touch passes in busy midfields

"The new Personality Plus system makes players feel more individual - true since we had more joy twisting at speed with Arshavin than Van Persie, although both were top players."

Sounds good. Among the "20%" of new features we know about are improved graphics, customisable audio, "massively" improved player AI and 'footballer personality'.[/code]

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=254647
  • dunts 7 Jul 2010 18:31:55 4,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Creation Center
  • Kosmoz 7 Jul 2010 18:36:50 7,512 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dunts wrote:
    Creation Center
    It annoys me how they only put this stuff in the game 2 years after my team gets in it.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Deleted user 7 July 2010 18:44:45
    Kosmoz wrote:
    dunts wrote:
    Creation Center
    It annoys me how they only put this stuff in the game 2 years after my team gets in it.

What team?

• bbbbrapstar 7 Jul 2010 19:02:14 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really can't wait for this. Fingers crossed creation centre is also available for clubs, that would be so many different kinds of awesome
  • nakedlunch 7 Jul 2010 19:10:45 21 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just ensure that keepers aren't so bloody vulnerable to chips and I'm sold!
  • Page

of 76 First / Last

Previous