- Knox repeatedly lied about events.
- Knox accused an innocent barman of cutting Kercher's throat. She says she hid in the kitchen covering her ears from the screams as Kercher's throat was cut.
- DNA of the 3 accused was found on Kercher's bloodied bra clasp.
- Knox's bloody footprints were found in the bathroom rug.
- Kercher's DNA was found on a knife in Sollecito's flat.
Even without the character 'evidence' against Knox - the peculiar behaviour, sexual activity, hatred of Kercher - she had a lot going for her being involved.
The defence used arguments of DNA contamination. Unsurprisingly, the very same DNA evidence against Guede wasn't seen as questionable by Knox's defence though!
Yeah, she did it.
She lied after being interrogated for two days straight while being refused access to a lawyer. Young girl, foreign country, accused of murder, I can understand why she'd say and do some things that don't look rational to someone who's never been in that situation.
The bra clasp was only recovered from the scene almost two months after the murder.
The footprint was not demonstrably Knox's
The DNA on the knife was of shite quality, not to mention it wasn't the murder weapon.
There are loads of other reasons why the case was very shakey indeed, such as forensic reports being with held from the defence and the interaction between the jury and the media during the trial. If the evidence in this case was strong enough to convict then Johny Cochran would have called for OJ to be executed based on the quality of evidence in that murder.