Infamous 2 Page 14

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Accordi0n 22 Jul 2011 00:27:09 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PanStre wrote:
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    The tether is less fun but makes scaling large buildings from distance a breeze.

So you don't know how to have fun with the lightning tether. Jump off building, aim at opposite building, fire lightning tether. Like bungie jumping!

its far too slow to be fun.

ice launch and hover looks like the hulk and gets you there faster.
    tether was completely useless to me, much like the ice shield…restricting them both to aim mode was a mistake.
  • Charlie_Miso 22 Jul 2011 01:12:27 1,191 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Evil - Done
    Good - Done
    Hard Playthrough - Done
    Platinum trophy (my second ever) - Done

GOTY! Loved every second.
  • taurus82 22 Jul 2011 13:16:33 328 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anyone else feel a little bit sick whilst playing as Evil Cole?

PSN: taurus82
    Twitter: 17taurus82

• krushing 25 Jul 2011 16:30:00 777 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    taurus82 wrote:
    Does anyone else feel a little bit sick whilst playing as Evil Cole?

Mainly in the sense that the evil random stuff doesn't really make any sense. Stealing shards from the civs? Yep, that I can understand - it's a selfish act but related to the task at hand. But blasting street performers and cops and bombs are just there to notch up your evil-o-meter; they're not really things that stand in your way, they're just bullying the general population for no reason. I guess that's "evil" in a sense, but definitely "sandbox evil" and it kind of thrusts the whole moral aspect of the game into a bit of a limbo - on the other hand it's a more or less carefree playground, but then it tries to pull a serious face on your choices after hours of gleeful recklessness.
  • Garfy 3 Aug 2011 14:25:46 670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished the good ending *sniff* (wipes away manly tear) :)
  • Pinky_Floyd 16 Aug 2011 08:07:46 7,362 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished Hero playthrough at last, huge fun all the way.

Would an evil playthrough be sufficiently different to warrant giving it a go, in terms of powers, side missions etc?
  • gooner77 16 Aug 2011 09:24:36 728 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got this from lovefilm, cracking game but it's a bit too similar to the first game
  • chrisno21 16 Aug 2011 11:59:26 1,457 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Finished Hero playthrough at last, huge fun all the way.

Would an evil playthrough be sufficiently different to warrant giving it a go, in terms of powers, side missions etc?

The red missions weren't wildly different to the blue ones and the powers were not as overpowered as they were in the first on evil so i wouldn't say it was worth it on those grounds alone. However, it's still good fun and red lightning always looks cool.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Pinky_Floyd 16 Aug 2011 17:15:29 7,362 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Might try an evil hard run through then. Always a good sign when i want to jump straight back into a game instead of just being relieved its finished.
  • Garfy 17 Aug 2011 14:42:11 670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like Sucker Punch are doing the Halloween DLC thing this year, Festival of Blood.

Vampires in New Orleans!
  • krushing 17 Aug 2011 14:49:53 777 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, at least it's not zombies.
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Aug 2011 21:53:54 14,387 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lads
    I have just installed this/started playing and the ps3 (first disc game put into it, only bought the ps3 and game last week) is chugging away like it is about to die. I could hardly hear the intro movie over the sound, I'm not kidding. I have just started at the pier and the disc is still making all sorts of sound in the ps3.
    Can you guys let me know if you had the same problem ?

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Garfy 30 Aug 2011 16:37:22 670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IIRC Infamous 2 installs in the background while you play the start of the game, hence the chugging sound.
    Don't worry, your PS3 is fine :)
  • Kano-11 30 Aug 2011 20:36:34 38 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A question/dilema for all the trophy whores out there. This relates to the Frozen Assets/The Cleaner trophies.

(Potential trophy related spoilers below)

I'm currently on my second playthrough(Evil) and have finished all of the missions regarding "The Cleaner" trophy. However on my first playthrough(Good) i played one or two of the missions regarding the Frozen assets trophy. I'm wondering if i could complete the other missions for frozen assets which i didn't get on my first playthrough and still get that trophy. Would it register? or would i have to do a third playthrough and play all of the relevant missions in sequence?

Cheers
  • wayneh 12 Sep 2011 19:15:03 2,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, played the good story and had a manly tear at the end, played the evil story and had a big girly cry at the end which still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. Now that's how you tell a story. There's so much more I want to write but it would contain far too many end game spoilers. What a fantastic game!

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• DUFFMAN5 12 Sep 2011 19:35:38 14,387 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looking forward to the stand alone H'ween theamed dlc. I have enjoyed both Infamous games greatly.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Mr-Brett 12 Sep 2011 21:40:22 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really enjoying this game at the moment but those rocket launching enemies do get on my tits with their almost pin-point accurate one-hit-kill rockets.

Portable view - Never forget.

• danathjo 12 Sep 2011 22:57:27 7,222 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's the date for this DLC then?

Have any more details come out like length, how much etc
  • Progguitarist 16 Sep 2011 00:46:58 10,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DLC arrives on Oct 25th
  • gooner77 17 Sep 2011 11:34:30 728 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still waiting for the price to come down to £20 before purchase. Hopefully the new dlc will have discount for psn users
  • grayn 18 Oct 2011 22:13:00 339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just completed the evil side on hard, in an attempt to clear the decks for Batman. Man, that was a great last level - it was like being the Silver Surfer or something. And the way they set up the ending to be what they hinted at, at the end of the first game...great stuff all round.

Think I'll wait for an offer on the DLC, this is definitely a game you CAN play too much, but in a couple of months time or so, it should be just right.

Here's hoping for an Infamous 3, not that I can see how they would do it.
  • rtk79 18 Oct 2011 22:23:16 488 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @gooner77 : The game is currently £18 pounds on zavvi.com. Or are you talking about the DLC ? Haven't been keeping up to date.
  • infoxicated 22 Oct 2011 23:30:23 1,070 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finished it with the good ending the other night. Really enjoyed it, but I don't know if I could go back and do it as evil - I just can't play games that way, be it Fallout or Infamous, I've been a goodie two shoes all the way.

Annoyingly, the top right part of the top island is still shown as territory I haven't liberated, but there's no mission to trigger in it, so no trophy for owning that one. I imagine it'll be a hidden package affair, as I had the same problem with the final bit of territory in the first game, but although I've defeated bad guys there, there's never a hidden package mission. :o\

Overall, I feel pretty similar to how I feel after completing a God of War game - like I've taken off a pair of wicked looking shoes that were actually a bit tight, so although I enjoyed the experience it's a pleasant relief to be done.
  • king26 2 Nov 2011 23:57:53 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quick question guys...
    I enjoyed the first game but the inverted controls drove me crazy, are they still present or is it possible to turn them off? Any help is much appreciated.
  • Accordi0n 29 Dec 2011 19:24:58 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have it.

It is pretty, and being transparent it glows a little due to the lights in the top.
    Nothing beats the Ceramic White controller though
  • frugtkompot 17 Jul 2012 21:28:41 2,819 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks like the game is continuing my "evil save" from Infamous 1.

Are there any advantage to continuing an old save?
  • King_Edward 17 Jul 2012 21:35:43 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just the bonus towards your morality gauge.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last