Infamous 2 Page 12

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Mr-Brett 21 Jun 2011 00:01:03 12,723 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Apparently there's no thread for the first game.

But anyway, it's a nice little game. Happy I got it for free, because it really feels like a PS2 game.

I've been addicted to it the last few days, I feel kinda guilty for not paying for it :)
    I guess it got me interested in the sequel which wasn't on my radar before.

It feels like Crackdown but slightly different to me. What makes you say PS2? because it's a little rough around the edges?

Portable view - Never forget.

• Accordi0n 21 Jun 2011 00:32:49 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree with the PS2 comment, excusing that the game is built on a modified version of SP's PS2 engine there is also the feeling that, as others have noted, its very 'gamey'. In a generation full of 'next-gen' games too eager to pull you around a rollercoaster ride infamous is one of those games that give the player control…which is refreshing in a now old fashioned sort of way.

One of the greatest things about infamous for me was that it had real platforming sections like the scrap tower and the prison built into the open world, reminds me of Jak & Daxter…though unfortunately from what ive read the sequel doesnt have any of these…
  • Rauha 21 Jun 2011 01:01:15 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Accordi0n wrote:
    …though unfortunately from what ive read the sequel doesnt have any of these…

I'd say there is, but later in the game. The sequel is superior in probably every single way possible. Just finished my Hero playthrough, and its probably my fave game thus far this year. Onto evil playthrough now.
  • Widge Moderator 21 Jun 2011 01:39:44 13,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Infamous looked so dull in videos but was glorious to play. Navigation was satisfyingly manual yet completely fluid, even mid combat.

I went from don't care to must have thanks to that demo. Felt it was like hyped up Uncharted almost.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• ecureuil 21 Jun 2011 03:59:13 76,482 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Apparently there's no thread for the first game.

But anyway, it's a nice little game. Happy I got it for free, because it really feels like a PS2 game.

I've been addicted to it the last few days, I feel kinda guilty for not paying for it :)
    I guess it got me interested in the sequel which wasn't on my radar before.

It feels like Crackdown but slightly different to me. What makes you say PS2? because it's a little rough around the edges?

Yeah I guess, and the production values feel like the way PS2 games did things. The cutscenes are a little jerky and robotic, for example. The presentation of it all feels like it could be on PS2, even if the open world wouldn't be possible. It's hard to put my finger on it, it just feels like a PS2 game to me. It doesn't have the bells and whistles most current gen games have, even if they are superfluous.

That said, I'm really enjoying it. I'm just about done with the first island, and I do quite enjoy just jumping around all over the place. I'm undecided about the platforming. On one hand, the fact that you can jump from one end of the island to the other with your eyes closed by holding up and hammering A repeatedly is kinda game breaking. On the other hand, it is pretty fun. It's odd just how generous they've been with the platforming, it's often difficult to reach the ground sometimes. But I love the dynamic of being safer and more effective on the rooftops. I mostly don't want to be on the ground, and look to get on the roof as soon as possible, which is pretty cool, and a refreshing way to play a sandbox game. Also the soundtrack is fantastic.

The offer worked, cause I'm interested in the second game now. What have they changed for it? Is it better?
  • IronGiant 21 Jun 2011 10:28:22 4,473 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Graphics much improved! I'm only a few hours in but loving it so far, the first game was one of my faves.. It was just a lot of fun to play.
  • Deleted user 21 June 2011 10:47:17
    The first Infamous started off as a PS2 game i think hence why the graphics are not the best. They created a new engine for Infamous 2. Gameplay wise i'd say If 2 is way better then the first but the story and the missions are not as good as the first. I dont like how you're still powering areas up as well this time using a tesla missile etc.
  • Mr-Brett 21 Jun 2011 10:52:08 12,723 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Also the soundtrack is fantastic.

I agree with most of what you said but I find this a curious point, one thing I noticed about the game was that it almost doesn't have a soundtrack... some music kicks in in battles occasionally but that's about it.

• ecureuil 21 Jun 2011 12:13:33 76,482 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The first game? Well it's kind of ambient. It's not overbearing but it enhances the atmosphere a great deal.
  • Mr-Brett 21 Jun 2011 12:45:43 12,723 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yeah, the first one. What music there is I find good but I swear that 98% of the time there is no music :)

I wondering if it's anther audio issue like with Killzone 3... I didn't get much music in that and the voices were fucked etc.

• Ultrasoundwave 23 Jun 2011 07:38:29 3,264 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This game is sensational, fair play. Builds on the first game in every single way, the graphics are fantastic and the gameplay has been refined to perfection.

Another excellent exclusive for Sony, hopefully Sucker Punch will complete the trilogy at some point.....

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• PanStre 23 Jun 2011 10:44:00 425 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why should there be a trilogy? 1 + 2 is perfect plus with either ending, there's little chance of a third game.

Roll on Sucker Punch's new IP.
  • the_dudefather 23 Jun 2011 20:49:20 9,181 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished!

I seem to be in the minority, but I liked the end of the game, the main problem was that you were locked into one depending on karma, which is ironic as it's it's the only one I actually had to think about, and I could've gone to the other side since there wasn't much left of the game.

have to agree with the sound complaints, can get vary quiet at times, when you kill Bertrand, there is barely any sound effects even though a 50 foot monster is dying

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Ahskay 23 Jun 2011 23:44:46 107 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh yes, the first Infamous had that amazing track from a band called; If these trees could talk.

Every time i hear that track from the trailer it puts a smile on my face. Good instrumental band also!

Edit; Name of the track is Malabar Front. Pure music that takes your mind away from the egocentric business crap we have to deal with every day.
  • MrWonderstuff 25 Jun 2011 01:44:25 1,922 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halfway through the first Infamous and it's really addictive just like Crackdown was. Really didn't think I would like it based on the original demo but it really is a fun game. Will probably get Infamous 2 after this.
  • NotSoSlim 26 Jun 2011 16:33:20 3,116 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Platinumed!!! Worth it for both endings. Found it easier on hard while evil due to powers you unlock
  • Charlie_Miso 27 Jun 2011 01:25:39 1,191 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished my good playthough over the weekend. Excellent, excellent game.

The Beast was a bit of an anti-climax. It was that guy? Meh.

Stated up on my Evil, Hard play. The dead drops are much better this time around once you know where the story is going.
  • krushing 27 Jun 2011 07:58:41 777 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn, I would've platinumed this as well - but apparently the game's suggestive switch to hard a few missions in wasn't enough to count as a hard playthrough. Now the completion percentage is sitting there at 91%, mocking me forever. Oh well.
  • ElNino9 28 Jun 2011 23:39:06 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished it tonight, and I can safely say that it's one of the best games I've played in a while. It doesn't do an awful lot new, but it's extremely polished and an awful lot of fun. Some of the new powers are awesome.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Stranded87 29 Jun 2011 13:45:23 849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well at what I assume to be about the halfway point this game finally got good, and hasn't let up since. So that was a nice surprise. Took far too long to get going though, the first half of the game just felt like Infamous to me, as in Infamous without any real improvements or anything.
  • Rauha 29 Jun 2011 13:48:00 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Finished it tonight, and I can safely say that it's one of the best games I've played in a while. It doesn't do an awful lot new, but it's extremely polished and an awful lot of fun. Some of the new powers are awesome.

+1

Though, I have to admit, I have less of an urge to go back and replay as 'evil' Cole than I did with Infamous 1.
  • ElNino9 29 Jun 2011 14:11:00 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only gripe is that ionic storm came far too late, it's fucking awesome! :-)

• ecureuil 29 Jun 2011 14:11:53 76,482 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Better than lightning storm from the first game?
  • ElNino9 29 Jun 2011 14:15:43 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yes, it's absolute carnage! Of you enjoyed the first game, this one is a must. A lot more polish and the graphics re outstanding, and hold up really well when a lot is going on.

• Stranded87 30 Jun 2011 11:22:57 849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished this, weak first half but spectacular second half. If only it had got going sooner and had handled the storyline a bit better this would be my game of the year so far.
  • chrisno21 30 Jun 2011 11:29:15 1,457 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started this last night, pretty weak opening and I'm sure (having not checked) that Cole's voice is different and worse now than in the first game. Once i got into the city it started to bring back the memories of the fun verticality of the first and i'm looking forward to getting back into it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Charlie_Miso 1 Jul 2011 05:06:45 1,191 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a bit hard on hard (I know that's the point).

I keep going back to my Normal Hero game I completed to mess around as opposed to moving forward with my Evil Hard playthrough.
  • ElNino9 1 Jul 2011 05:20:07 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Charlie_Miso wrote:
    It's a bit hard on hard (I know that's the point).

I keep going back to my Normal Hero game I completed to mess around as opposed to moving forward with my Evil Hard playthrough.

I actually found this one easier than the first one on hard. I didn't once think about changing the difficulty on this one, though there were several times in the first when I nearly swallowed my pride and changed to normal. It was that third island that was bastard hard iirc.

• Charlie_Miso 1 Jul 2011 06:19:00 1,191 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did knock off the first one on hard, but I was between jobs so had all the time in the world.
  • IronGiant 1 Jul 2011 11:42:03 4,473 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Just finished this, weak first half but spectacular second half. If only it had got going sooner and had handled the storyline a bit better this would be my game of the year so far.

I'm a few hours in, just done a couple of missions following an ice soldier.. Am I near the midway point?
  • Page

of 16 First / Last