Infamous 2 Page 2

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 8 Jun 2010 11:34:08 13,700 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    You know, looking through the artwork for the previous game I can't see the horrible and disappointing change of character that everyone is going on about. He really doesn't look that different to me...

SHIT MAN HE HAS MORE HAIR FOR FUCKS SAKE FOAM FOAM

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• taurus82 8 Jun 2010 11:35:49 328 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks Karooo, as I've said on thesixthaxis "I'm diggin' the cattle-prod weapon".

PSN: taurus82
    Twitter: 17taurus82

• chrisno21 8 Jun 2010 13:52:50 1,531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Throught the first game was great, vertical exploration and moving at pace across the rooftops was great stuff. Though the thought of a wise-cracking douche really doesn't help to sell me on the sequal.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 8 June 2010 14:07:39
    One good thing, apparently the morality choices will have far reaching consequences this time round. In the first they didn't really seem to affect the story but in the sequel there will supposedly be two quite different outcomes.
  • IronGiant 8 Jun 2010 14:18:32 4,595 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    With naughty dog and Sony Santa monica helping out this should look way better than the first game. Really enjoyed infamous it's one of the few games I've played through more than once. Not bothered about the change to coles appearance, given that you spend most of the game looking at the back of his head! I can't see him becoming a douchebag but wouldn't be surprised if he takes on some of Drake's characteristics.
  • JCHilton 2 Jul 2010 21:44:57 1,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont own a ps3- Infamous 2, looks great- theres a new gameplay trailer just been released http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-chase-infamous-2/701415
  • Rauha 2 Jul 2010 22:54:48 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks great.
  • King_Edward 2 Jul 2010 23:13:20 11,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    His new voice is horrible and he looks like an arse (he kinda looked like an arse in the first game though tbf) . So long as it plays as well as the first game I'll be all over it.
  • Deleted user 3 July 2010 00:08:45
    Looks better than the first but I hate the new Cole. Also he should have just zapped that car. Something that really bugs me in games is when they don't let you do the logical thing because it interferes with this set story path they've chosen.
  • Retroid Moderator 3 Jul 2010 00:51:24 45,029 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The new footage which is out there looks much nicer than the first game, very nice indeed. Wish they'd left Cole alone though :(

Oh, and got rid of his mate.
  • frugtkompot 3 Jul 2010 08:01:41 2,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new footage definitely looks like a step up from the first one! A much more dramatic sequence, far more interesting powers and even though the new Cole might not look that interesting, at least the city did.
  • Res 3 Jul 2010 10:41:35 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I preferred the earlier shots with Cole having shorter, lighter hair, it didn't look like quite such a massive departure. I believe the reason his voice actor changed was because he is based in New York. Sucker Punch wanted someone available to do both mocap and voice this time, so they needed a person willing to travel/closer to their studio.

I'll probably get used to the new Cole. Dramatic style or voice changes is not really something we're used to in video games, but I've never had an issue with it when watching a different actor play a part in a movie.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Jul 2010 10:49:32 38,728 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Like the trailer - is the first game any cop?

edit: Although I didn't like Prototype all that much.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Res 3 Jul 2010 10:54:29 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The game is nothing like Prototype. Gameplay trailer.

Oh and yes, I love the first game. It's running on an older engine though, and it really shows.
  • Deleted user 23 July 2010 11:48:49
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    I like the Uncharted stye visuals and I'm very pleased to hear the rumour that they're making him look like the original COle again :-)

I'd be suprised if they went back on all the new work. Surely that'd take quite a bit of effort?
  • King_Edward 23 Jul 2010 16:11:50 11,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Now change the voice actor back!
  • Cappy 23 Jul 2010 16:54:43 12,031 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's nice but making the game better should be the priority. There's a Hell of a lot of room for improvement on the first one.

Oh. And you should be able to harm Zeke. Best bit of the last game for me was sending him flying off the top of the junk tower with my 'force push'. Game over, but it was worth it.

And on the subject of improvements. More interesting powers. Mostly you were using powers that were pretty uninteresting and barely distinguishable from the guns and grenades you get in non-superpower third person games.

I wish they'd gone for something a bit more esoteric than an electric man. Reduced to a shadow during the initial blast perhaps, like one those spooky silhouettes left in the wake of Hiroshima. Only able to travel in shadow with limited presence in the physical world. But able to drag people through to your side of the Looking Glass, neatly side stepping powers that are somewhat like guns and grenades.

Just rambling. Pay no attention. :)
  • Scimarad 23 Jul 2010 17:10:00 8,567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That would be cool - They'd have to steal 'netherworld' thing from Soul Reaver, though;)
  • frugtkompot 24 Jul 2010 08:42:45 2,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Agreed, not all the powers in the first game were equally interesting. The lightning at the end was exactly what there should have been more of though. Powers that wreck havoc.
  • Gibroon 24 Jul 2010 08:52:10 1,327 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    That would be cool - They'd have to steal 'netherworld' thing from Soul Reaver, though;)

I would love to see a new Soul Reaver, that game was immense. Fantastic world to explore.
  • Deleted user 20 August 2010 03:12:27
    Some new gameplay with the new old Cole:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA2pC39KbzE

Improved graphics, weird looking monsters, new levitate and throw ability. Looks like they've pinched a bit of Prototype and Crackdown.
  • Rauha 20 Aug 2010 03:15:23 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some hint of Uncharted in there.
  • Accordi0n 20 Aug 2010 11:28:10 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope the homing missiles are still in the game, nothing better than firing a load into the sky and then casually tagging a single enemy then watching it rain thunder…Good Cole can be evil too!
  • Rauha 28 Aug 2010 18:16:47 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's going to have Move support. It seemed like a prime candidate too. Blue and red glowing balls.
  • JediMasterMalik 28 Aug 2010 23:33:26 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rauha wrote:
    It's going to have Move support. It seemed like a prime candidate too. Blue and red glowing balls.

Thats good news, interested to see how its implemented, will it be like a shooter or a bit more imaginative? I'm assuming the former.
  • Accordi0n 29 Aug 2010 13:28:56 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mixed feelings on that…one the one hand, i feel it is important to the success of Move that it has support in every game possible…on the other, infamous had the most perfect control scheme ive ever had the joy of using.

• Deleted user 4 September 2010 13:53:24
    Yeah, looks 100x better than the first. Glad they kind of changed back to the old Cole too. Not too keen on the new monsters though.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last