Infamous 2 Page 10

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Progguitarist 16 Jun 2011 14:50:52 10,479 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I got all the shards but seem to have a bug with regard to side missions. I have 3 small quads of the map left unfinished but there's no more side quests :(

Wait until you unlock some of the later powers. There's sone seriously epic battles ahead too :)
  • kentmonkey 16 Jun 2011 14:53:46 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Yeah I got all the shards but seem to have a bug with regard to side missions. I have 3 small quads of the map left unfinished but there's no more side quests :(

Wait until you unlock some of the later powers. There's sone seriously epic battles ahead too :)
    I've got this too. They're already on islands I have completed so I think they're not going to unlock.

I left one goon living in a mission, went around and picked up 50 cars and compiled a stack of them. I then lured him to the stack of cars, and blew the cars up. A bit OTT for one standard goon but it looked great! :o)
  • RabidChild 16 Jun 2011 15:37:41 2,292 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are the missing missions one where you first have to kill goons to get a photo or info on a convoy? I remember spending ages on the first on revisiting one area over and over til one dropped something.
  • kentmonkey 16 Jun 2011 15:38:24 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Could be actually.
  • kentmonkey 16 Jun 2011 16:37:40 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How many missions are there (story ones)? I'm up to 33 now, I'm guessing there are 40 but not sure.
  • Ahskay 16 Jun 2011 17:54:30 107 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    40 is the right number.
  • kentmonkey 16 Jun 2011 17:55:53 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ha, good guess then. Cool, well not much longer to go then. Probably another 3-4 hours I guess. Plus some time to hoover up the rest of the shards I've missed. Huzzah!
  • Ahskay 17 Jun 2011 00:34:02 107 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Godspeed mate, rip the beast's eyeballs out.

• kentmonkey 17 Jun 2011 08:18:06 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    Are the missing missions one where you first have to kill goons to get a photo or info on a convoy? I remember spending ages on the first on revisiting one area over and over til one dropped something.
    Just to confirm, you are indeed 100% correect here.

So Progg. those segments on the map that haven't unlocked, just go to them, walk around a bit until you see red dots, shoot the goons and then you'll get a new side-mission where the last goon stood (quick tip though, don't shoot them if they run or jump outside of the 'dark zone'. That appears to dictate whether you get the yellow mission icon pop up or not).
  • kentmonkey 17 Jun 2011 08:19:52 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh and for those that have completed the game...who is Paul? He's shown up (and appears to be 'the beast' but I don't remember him from the first Infamous at all. Clearly my memory is going.
  • kentmonkey 17 Jun 2011 08:52:55 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just about to start the last six story missions. I've already finished all of the side quests, got all of the Blast shards (I've actually collected 327 now, regardless of the 305 'total') and only have two of the dead drops left. Although I can't seem to find them. I will walk around the whole map though street by street if I have to to uncover the bastard pigeons.
  • RabidChild 17 Jun 2011 08:56:58 2,292 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was under the impression the pigeons appeared at set time points in the game, rather than locations. Might be wrong, though.
  • shamblemonkee 17 Jun 2011 09:30:44 14,481 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I shot one but couldn't find it's body despite the icon.. :-s
  • kentmonkey 17 Jun 2011 09:54:02 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    I was under the impression the pigeons appeared at set time points in the game, rather than locations. Might be wrong, though.
    Well I've just completed the game but still missing two, so gonna try and hunt those bad boys down.
  • kentmonkey 17 Jun 2011 10:34:42 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Done. All pigeons found (they are in set locations it seems), and 68% of trophies collected. I only missed five that I could have got on my first play through (the others require an alternative karmic playthrough). Those were two relating to UGC (25 missions and the five new missions one), climbing the tallest building in New Marais (no idea where that was actually. Assumed it was either the Ice tower or the cathedral and have done both), bomb diving from the top of the three highest buildings (have probably done two of them) and sending a rocket back to a helicopter (I only encountered three in the whole game, sadly didn't get to do that one).

Happy days! \o/
  • theguyfromspark 17 Jun 2011 10:34:49 106 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is anywhere selling this for less than 40 quid?
  • Olemak 18 Jun 2011 23:50:23 23 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @kentmonkey his name isn't Paul, it's John. John White. He was the NSA agent you collected all those dead drops from in the first game, and then met later on. He apparentely got himselfed by the Ray Sphere in the first game; ripped to atoms.... remember now?

There is one plot twist I can't quite twist my head around though... If Kessler is Cole from another future, who came to Cole's timeline to stop the beast... and helped make the Ray Sphere in order to make Cole strong enough to fight the beast... then wouldn't he know that it is the Ray Sphere which creates the beast? Wouldn't it be better to stop the development of the Ray Sphere? Or maybe that was impossibly, seeing as the Ray Sphere maybe would have been invented sooner or later anyway? Anyway, I can't quite make sense of it.

Anyway: brilliant game. Just started on my second playthrough (evil). Going for platinum on this one. The "Blast Shard Sense" power is going to help a lot.
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2011 00:01:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm enjoying this more now that I've decided to turn evil. It's a shame story missions almost alway give you 'good points'.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 00:24:48
    After the way Infamous 2 ended im thinking how the hell they are going to be able to do a 3rd game. I mean Cole dies in the good ending.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 00:25:10
    Post deleted
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2011 00:27:15 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Was that a joke or did you fuck up your spoilers?
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 00:29:51
    King_Edward wrote:
    Was that a joke or did you fuck up your spoilers?

I fucked up the spoilers, sorry dude if i spoiled it for anyone. Got bold and spoiler mixed up.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 00:36:28
    I didnt ruin the game for you did i?
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2011 00:36:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No problem for me, I'm playing evil anyway.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 00:38:15
    Dam it, feel free to ruin the evil ending for me man.
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2011 00:41:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's genuinely not a problem. I was gonna Youtube the good ending anyway.
  • Ahskay 19 Jun 2011 00:41:19 107 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hindle wrote:

Cole uses the beast as a pet and goes off in the distance with a personal vendetta against the old Gods.

@Olemak

But if the Beast is a natural event from using the sphere in the first game then Kessler shouldn't have any knowledge of the Beast cause there would be no Beast and no NSA agent helping Cole in the original timeline. Therefore this Beast is something else but not the Beast that Kessler meant

Crap, does somebody understand what i mean? ^;^
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 00:43:59
    Ahskay wrote:
    Hindle wrote:

Cole uses the beast as a pet and goes off in the distance with a personal vendetta against the old Gods.

Lol.
  • IronGiant 19 Jun 2011 00:53:35 4,584 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    theguyfromspark wrote:
    Is anywhere selling this for less than 40 quid?

Best buy were doing it for 29.99

• Deleted user 19 June 2011 01:10:10
    Ahskay wrote:
    Hindle wrote:

@Olemak

But if the Beast is a natural event from using the sphere in the first game then Kessler shouldn't have any knowledge of the Beast cause there would be no Beast and no NSA agent helping Cole in the original timeline. Therefore this Beast is something else but not the Beast that Kessler meant

Crap, does somebody understand what i mean? ^;^

It's really confusing and poorly explained hence why im not sure they are going to do a 3rd game.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last