Infamous 2 Page 6

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Darren 9 Jun 2011 11:13:35 8,836 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm hoping my copy of inFamous 2 has come this morning as GAME claimed to have sent it (and Red Faction Armageddon for the PC) on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to this game but it may have a fight on its hands if Duke Nukem Forever has arrived too. Roll on 5pm, hopefully at least one of those will have come (ShopTo.net have yet to send my copy of White Knight Chronicles II though... has it been delayed?).

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Rauha 9 Jun 2011 11:17:31 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    thedriffter50 wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    Drifter hates all the new PS3 IPs and only likes PS2 games. Non-shock.

Well I liked Heavy Rain :p

Yeah but that wasn't a game *ding ding* ;)

Yep, Infamous 2 is a definite purchase now. One thing I found weird though was the lack of weight, the videos suggested they had added some weight to movement insteas it seems a tad bit faster than the first game. Alls good though.
  • frugtkompot 9 Jun 2011 19:31:50 2,819 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There doesn't seem to be much hype regarding Infamous 2 here. Was June a bad release date? I know it doesn't fit into my schedule.

I've been reading the thread over at NeoGAF though, and it sounds a lot of fun. More of the same, but more fun overall.
  • Deleted user 9 June 2011 20:03:47
    I'm pretty hype for this. (y)
  • elvenscroll 9 Jun 2011 20:59:31 1,406 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got my special edition copy from Game this morning. The box is thin and made of cardboard, with no proper blu ray case. :/ Some lovely art work on the inner sleeve though.

Amusingly along with the CE gubbins it also had a code for 50% off the original Infamous from PSN, which I'm certain most users just got for free!

Nice lenticular cover though.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Charlie_Miso 10 Jun 2011 06:12:18 1,191 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fired this up last night and was asked it I wanted to continue as evil, good or 'start a new game'.

What difference does this make?

Should I go my email game and play good as some kind of redemption? Play my good game and have a fall from grace? evil style Start evil and play evil?

Or am I just over thinking this?
  • Gambit1977 10 Jun 2011 07:54:16 9,684 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Charlie_Miso wrote:
    Fired this up last night and was asked it I wanted to continue as evil, good or 'start a new game'.

What difference does this make?

Should I go my email game and play good as some kind of redemption? Play my good game and have a fall from grace? evil style Start evil and play evil?

Or am I just over thinking this?
    Probably just gives you tutorials for the original powers as well as a feel for the climbing and combat?
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 10 Jun 2011 08:02:11 414 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gives you an initial boost in either alignment, extra xp, karma and energy cores. If you know if you want to be good/evil, might as well.
  • Darren 10 Jun 2011 08:13:11 8,836 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    I got my special edition copy from Game this morning. The box is thin and made of cardboard, with no proper blu ray case. :/ Some lovely art work on the inner sleeve though.

Amusingly along with the CE gubbins it also had a code for 50% off the original Infamous from PSN, which I'm certain most users just got for free!

Nice lenticular cover though.

Yeah, I got the Special Edition too (cost the same as the standard one as I had £5 Reward Points) but was a little shocked to discover it was a naff cardboard sleeve rather than solid plastic or, more preferable, a steelbook. Although the cover is nice the package feels a little cheap. Disappointing really. :?

At least the game delivers though. Very addictive. Very pretty (more so at night). Very fast.

Got hooked on finding Blast Shards whilst preventing the odd mugging/kidnapping and reviving fallen people but somehow managed to do around 12 missions and gain a few power ups. I found the game tough going on Normal, I'd die very quickly if confronted with four of more Militia so I dropped down to Easy which feels far more comfortable whilst still offering a challenge against the larger mutant things which crop up every now and then. The bonus codes are quite nice to play around with, including Original Cole Skin, a gold Amp, a samurai sword and the weapon Sly uses in his games!!!

Very good game. Not really that different from the first but definitely more polished and fun to play, everything I'd expect from a superior sequel.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• patch 10 Jun 2011 09:05:44 543 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How much is it in-store? I didn't order online for some reason and now want a weekend of 'leccy flinging.
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Jun 2011 09:18:11 7,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Might trade in ps3 Dirt 3 for this. To be honest, I'm spending more time looking at loading screens than actually rallying.
  • IronGiant 10 Jun 2011 11:06:50 4,506 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone seen it in shops for less that 40 notes?
  • Accordi0n 10 Jun 2011 11:43:58 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bestbuy have it for 29.99 online and perhaps in store too

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/infamous.aspx

• RabidChild 10 Jun 2011 11:52:09 2,292 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the climbing/free-running any better than the original? I got fucked off with Cole grabbing everything he went near, and I didn't like just having to mash the jump button to get up buildings.
  • Darren 10 Jun 2011 12:05:30 8,836 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What was the 107 MB patch for by the way? Was it something to do with the User-Generated Content module?

I had a UCG message pop up while I was playing - the game initially freezed for a few seconds which alarmed me as I thought the game had crashed - but afterwards I could play all kinds of silly little mini-games designed by the developers, Sucker Punch.

Cool that the game has no initial install too although the loading time was slightly longer than expected, instead it appears to install data as you play which for me seems to be around 2.4 GB (which was definitely not installed during loading as (a) there was no prompt and (b) it would take longer than the 2 minutes the game took to load anyway).

@RabidChild - The climbing seems to much the same as the original although you can now zip up drain pipes and stuff really fast with an electric boost. I find the best way to climb building is to do just what you said, mash the X button whilst pushing up at an angle. Of course, you don't have to do that but, there again, this is a much faster paced game so you wouldn't want to climb up at a slower Assassin's Creed pace, not when militia with RPGs are firing at you!!!

The controls do feel twitchy though compared with other open world games. Spinning the camera around for example is surprisingly fast even on the lowest Normal setting and it takes some time to get used to after playing slower running sandbox games. I've had no issues getting to where I want for the most part although getting some of the Blast Shards has proven a little awkward (obviously a deliberate design choice to offer some challenge in getting them). Being able to rocket boast along cables is really good fun. It's certainly a game to get the adrenalin going IMO as it is clearly designed to be as spectacular as possible from the scrumptious lighting effects through to the amazing explosions and physics on show. Causing carnage has never been such fun and normally I'm such a good boy in these games! :D

• HisDudness 10 Jun 2011 12:05:36 980 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Try the demo. It's the easiest way to decide if it's for you or not.
  • HisDudness 10 Jun 2011 12:05:37 980 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Accordi0n 10 Jun 2011 12:08:15 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its pretty much the same, i think the auto targeting to grab points i less severe.
    There is also the vertical launch power lines and a few powers that facilitate higher jumps such as jumping from vehicles or the ice launch.

Nothing wrong with jumping up building though, much better than automatic Assassins Creed type navigating.

Only thing im annoyed about is they didnt change the drop maneuver with circle to be a hold function. Automatic grab is fine if there is an easy way to get down, pressing circle makes you let go until the next grab point but the only fast way to fall is to hold square and perform the attack…if you could just hold circle to disable grab it would be much better.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2011 15:30:52
    RabidChild wrote:
    Is the climbing/free-running any better than the original? I got fucked off with Cole grabbing everything he went near, and I didn't like just having to mash the jump button to get up buildings.

Cole is far less 'clingy' now and it's possible to finesse the controls more.
  • RabidChild 10 Jun 2011 19:40:50 2,292 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I caved and just bought it anyway. So far all I can say is that it's prettier and Cole has become a total arsehole.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2011 21:11:06
    The graphics are really cool, ive just started the game and and im impressed so far.
  • RabidChild 10 Jun 2011 21:17:31 2,292 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm, i'm enjoying this so far. Glad I bought it.

Though the thought that Cole can never have a shower or bath is really bothering me. He must smell *bad*.
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Jun 2011 22:03:33 7,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm about 2 thirds through Infamous, it's really good. I have Infamous 2 sitting here staring at me. Man, it's taking some willpower to not just stick it on :D
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 Jun 2011 00:14:54 7,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ohhhhh shiny!

Dammit, couldn't resist :(

Huge visual upgrade from the first game!
  • FatsoJetson 11 Jun 2011 00:57:40 302 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sold on the UGC missions, but otherwise it's more of the same, which is good for me.
  • Progguitarist 11 Jun 2011 10:26:42 10,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great game so far. New setting is good, the city is well populated and is very colourful. Good variety in the side missions so far and I've also found a few good UCG ones.
  • BBIAJ 11 Jun 2011 10:35:02 895 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Ohhhhh shiny!

Really?

From the demo, I thought it looked much the same.

'Praps I need to go back to the first one again, and then boot up the demo once more...
  • thedriffter50 11 Jun 2011 10:52:26 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Infamous 1 was rubbish and seems Infamous 2 sucks just as bad.

Have they even fixed the running animation ? Cole runs too fast.

The camera and controls in Infamous 1 were so bad they were game breaking.
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 Jun 2011 11:03:38 7,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BBIAJ wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Ohhhhh shiny!

Really?

From the demo, I thought it looked much the same.

'Praps I need to go back to the first one again, and then boot up the demo once more...

Yes, its quite a visual upgrade. I'm playing Infamous alongside the sequel and the IQ and framerate are vastly improved.
  • NotSoSlim 11 Jun 2011 11:06:35 3,124 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great game, so much to do :)
  • Page

of 16 First / Last