The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page 275

• Page

of 495 First / Last

• RelaxedMikki 30 Nov 2011 11:18:45 927 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anybody know if you can install Update 1.2 and then delete it if you don't like it? (Leaving 1.1 in place)
  • ModishNouns 30 Nov 2011 11:19:29 4,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    I mean, great work on fixing the textures, but losing all resistances might be a compromise I'm not really willing to make.
    I'm going to keep playing unpatched until the next one, I think. There's no point being signed in while playing Skyrim anyway.
  • ModishNouns 30 Nov 2011 11:20:23 4,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Anybody know if you can install Update 1.2 and then delete it if you don't like it? (Leaving 1.1 in place)
    I was wondering this but I don't think so. If you clear cache and then accept updates I think it will do them both.
  • agparrot 30 Nov 2011 11:20:49 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Yes, you can certainly refuse the patch when you start the game up, but you can't play it while signed into Live.

As Modish says, this doesn't really matter unless you have some weird OCD thing where you can't win achievements that aren't time-and-date stamped properly.
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2011 11:21:17 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Do you just leave the network cable unplugged to avoid the update then?
    That is what I shall be doing tonight and every night until this new problem is sorted.
    Honestly quite happy to leave the game as it is for myself as I see no problems anyway.
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2011 11:25:55 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Apparently 1.2 also introduces this hilarious backwards flying dragon thing:

By trying to fix a game they brake it even more.
    Good work Bethesda!
  • ModishNouns 30 Nov 2011 11:34:15 4,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's so frustrating.

They genuinely have created ONE OF the greatest games ever and what are people going to remember?

Skyrim's horse armour, Dragons flying backwards.
  • bbvDJC 30 Nov 2011 11:36:42 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just tested it with my Atronach. Takes no damage from fire.
  • agparrot 30 Nov 2011 11:38:01 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Well that's interesting... might have to try it out for myself, after all.

It was a fire Atronarch, right? ;)
  • Deleted user 30 November 2011 11:38:41
    I'm a bit annoyed at my level, level 30 and I've done so much of the game. They should have give exp for doing the side quests, the fact they didn't is one of the games flaws.
  • Alastair 30 Nov 2011 11:40:34 15,473 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eh? But you get XP from using your skills. In doing sidequests you tend you use *some* of your skills, so you will get XP...
    Unless I have completely the wrong end of the stick here.

Not as nice as I used to be

• bbvDJC 30 Nov 2011 11:41:09 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Well that's interesting... might have to try it out for myself, after all.

It was a fire Atronarch, right? ;)
    Yeah, maybe it only happens in certain situations. Bit strange.
  • Articulate-Troll 30 Nov 2011 11:41:28 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm pretty sure Fire Atronachs didn't take any damage from fire before the patch.
  • bbvDJC 30 Nov 2011 11:46:18 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Articulate-Troll wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Fire Atronachs didn't take any damage from fire before the patch.
    That's the point, apparently the patch bugged the resistance for everything. If the bug exists my Atronach should take damage according to everyone, but it isn't.

It's strange!
  • agparrot 30 Nov 2011 11:46:50 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Articulate-Troll wrote:
    That's correct.

The assertion on the Bethesda forums is that post-patch, things that should be immune to or resistant to elemental effects are now affected by them.

Edited by agparrot at 11:48:58 30-11-2011
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2011 11:49:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    I'm a bit annoyed at my level, level 30 and I've done so much of the game. They should have give exp for doing the side quests, the fact they didn't is one of the games flaws.
    Do you fast travel everywhere?
  • w00t 30 Nov 2011 11:53:32 11,052 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm level 41, completed 6 main quests, 10 thieves guild, 3 wizard college, 1 companions, 1 bard, no other questlines.

Admittedly, I have completed 101 miscellaneous quests, but hey :D

(and I do a fair bit of fast travel now)

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• ModishNouns 30 Nov 2011 11:53:59 4,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm level 31 and I feel like I've barely started. There are entire quest lines and guilds I haven't touched and I'm passing black compass markers all the time.
  • AgeOfChaos 30 Nov 2011 11:54:02 255 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Its nice to hear the voice actor who voices Garret in the Thief series. And another actor who was Saddler in Resident Evil 4.
    But a bit more variation would of been nice
  • Deleted user 30 November 2011 11:54:37
    L_Franko wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    Yep, walking doesn't raise your levels so I cant see how that affects it.
  • shamblemonkee 30 Nov 2011 11:56:26 14,277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Alastair - yeah it's odd that hindle claims that. My main is lvl33 and has only done the main quests, companions and a bunch of side quests but virtuall ynow miscs stuff..
  • ModishNouns 30 Nov 2011 11:57:14 4,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    You can't walk very far without fighting, talking to or sneaking past something.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2011 11:57:16
    What I've done so far:

50 misc objectives.
    The main story
    The mages questline
    The DB questline
    The companions questline
    5 sidequests

and I'm level 30, I've hardly raised my alchemy or smithing though and that gets your levels up quick.
  • ModishNouns 30 Nov 2011 11:58:13 4,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Who does the Nightingale lady? Sounds like Gillian Anderson.
  • agparrot 30 Nov 2011 11:59:52 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ModishNouns wrote:
    I'm level 31 and I feel like I've barely started. There are entire quest lines and guilds I haven't touched and I'm passing black compass markers all the time.
    I'm level 25 and I've perhaps been to about a third of the map, and certainly haven't been to anywhere near all the locations on it.

I'm sure what L_Franko meant about fast travelling was that if you walk to places, you tend to end up raising your skills by getting into random encounters, being distracted by caves, dungeons, forts and so on. By fast travelling you might save yourself some time, and I can understand why you wouldn't want to walk the same routes over and over, but I usually plot a route that takes in some undiscovered bit of terrain, and reap the XP from whatever I encounter there.

I've barely touched the main storyline, or any of the questlines other than completing the Mages Guild one, to be honest. I'm *still* just flitting around the place, mucking about.
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2011 11:59:59 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    Because of all the random events you can get involved with will force you to use skills.
    I've increaed my level a number of times by getting into random dragon, bandit, monster fights that had nothing to do with any quests.
  • magicpanda 30 Nov 2011 12:00:05 13,274 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just when I think I'm getting bored with Skyrim it just spews more awesome all over my man tits.

I found a dog and a cow
  • Peew971 30 Nov 2011 12:02:00 4,703 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Peew971 wrote:
    I play a sneaky archer most of the time so I also use Muffle to stay quiet and recently I've started to use a bound bow. That's Sneak, Illusion, Conjuration and Archery all going up at once.
    But yeah there are cheap ways of doing it I guess.
    Where did you get the Muffle and Bound Bow spells? Did you buy them in Winterhold? Not been there yet...
    From Winterhold yes. You find mages from each school of magic and they all sell spells.
    Also, every Jar has a private mage who also sells spells.

Edited by Peew971 at 12:03:29 30-11-2011
  • Page

of 495 First / Last