The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page 477

• Page

of 495 First / Last

• EMarkM 22 Mar 2013 14:42:08 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @StaffyDog Cheers, I'll give it a go tonight!
  • StaffyDog 22 Mar 2013 15:34:27 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I changed my controls for 3rd person view because it was very annoying and off putting wile in the heat of battle and swords flying that it would switch to 3rd person with an accidental press of the right thumbstick. So switched it to triangle. Much better and doesn't matter if I jump now in frantic battle.
  • EMarkM 22 Mar 2013 16:05:35 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @StaffyDog I've been playing this game since Day One and had never even thought about this!

Both Skyrim and Oblivion have caught me out on this many-a-time!

I hardly ever change control schemes. Weird really, because I always make the one control scheme change on my SLR cameras that is completely essential (taking the focus control off the shutter release).

Will look into this!!
  • StaffyDog 22 Mar 2013 20:20:16 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tell you what, it looks like Skyrim's snow blizzards outside my house at the mo.
  • EMarkM 22 Mar 2013 21:21:46 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, pretty atmospheric playing it with this wind and snow.

Just got battered by some forsworn so I'm quitting now, but thanks for tips re: autosave and POV button: good stuff!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 23 Mar 2013 00:15:36 7,767 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hate the forsworn. Hipster wankers. With their gay swords.

Just lost an hour to a bug on Alduins Wall. delphine and her mate vanished en route, no matter what I did they didn't re-appear. Bah.
  • Rodriguez 23 Mar 2013 01:04:28 1,085 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Just lost an hour to a bug on Alduins Wall. delphine and her mate vanished en route, no matter what I did they didn't re-appear. Bah.
    I still can't get the Blood on the Ice mission to trigger in Windhelm for my original Argonian character, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean I'm locked out from buying the Hjerim house there :(

Seems I killed someone for the Dark Brotherhood that subsequently made their mother commit suicide; the mother being important for the serial killer quest!!?? No console command for Xbox sadly, so looks like I'm stuffed. Ah well, I guess I'll have to try that quest with my Breton Mage instead!

Finished up for the night now, I've saved where I'm just about ready to charge into Solitude with Ulfric to claim final victory for the Stormcloaks! Victory will be mine :)
  • Kanjin 23 Mar 2013 10:57:48 1,055 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think you actually need her to finish the quest you can just pick the lock, it may be a master one but it's doable no matter what your skill.
  • StaffyDog 23 Mar 2013 12:39:33 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Unfortunately my Name is PrisonerAsh.!! Yeah at the very start where you enter your name I didn't know to delete Prisoner before entering my name. Not very regal I know.
  • quadfather 24 Mar 2013 14:04:17 11,860 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tell you what, the low level fury spell in the illusion tree is still going strong. I'm level 17 now, and it's still working on 90% of the monsters I cast it on. It's only bigger monsters and bosses it doesn't work on, but I don't mind that.

And it's still fucking hilarious fury'ing a necromancer and watching his mates stick their boots into him :)

Just cleared out a forsworn camp and I fury'ed every single one and then just sneaked an critical arrow onto the last guy. Job done!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 24 March 2013 14:40:01
    Started trying to get back into this last night but as soon as i got to whiterun i noticed half the floor to the town missing. I could see right under the map. Turned off.....when is the next patch Bethesda?
  • Vortex808 25 Mar 2013 10:10:41 6,965 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Curses. I have had to side with the empire, due to some stupid bug where I could not speak to General Tullius to broker a truce without doing a quest that forces me to side with a faction.

I was going to pick one side eventually, but I could not get any other dialogue options without progressing that quest. How annoying.

Edit required due to pressing quote option instead of spoilering. A new low in proof-reading for me, which I thankfully spotted quickly!

Edited by Vortex808 at 10:12:04 25-03-2013
  • mrharvest 25 Mar 2013 16:14:51 5,184 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I rebought Dragonborn, this time from the Hong Kong PS store so it works with my copy of the game, and... I'm liking it.
  • frugtkompot 26 Mar 2013 09:48:25 2,819 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brrrrrr, I'm getting so frustrated running into dead ends on a quest where it's obvious I'm underpowered to deal with the final bosses. I have too many quests just sitting there because I need to go elsewhere to level up.

Is there a smarter way to be smart about ensuring you're up to the tasks you set out for?
  • Vortex808 26 Mar 2013 09:54:25 6,965 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What level are you at? I had issues for a fair while with bandit chiefs or high level draugr being able to massacre my sneak build for a while, but once I hit higher levels and had upped my bow and one-handed skills and put points into armour I was fine. Until they found me.

Now I could probably just wade in and be ok, but it's not as much fun. I'm not sure if it's because my damage output is higher, or the fact I maxed smithing and enchanting so all my gear is as good as it can be.

I always balance out my stamina, health, magicka on levelling up so I have not ploughed loads into health either.
  • DaM 26 Mar 2013 10:45:23 12,901 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My continuing issue with this, 160 hours in, is that I just can't concentrate on quests. At the start I was avoiding random caves, as I didn't want to screw up quests, and I was getting my arse handed to me on a plate by most baddies...but now I'm a bit leveled up, I just can't resist entering every dungeon I pass. I just wander about and loot.
  • Gambit1977 26 Mar 2013 10:49:42 9,583 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Agghh! Hurry up and make DragonBorn 800 points MS!!
  • StaffyDog 26 Mar 2013 11:13:16 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    At the mo I'm ok and can wade in as I'm a walking tank but for the time your at a low level get yourself a companion. Even better have you done the daedric quest with the dog yet? @frugkompot

Edited by StaffyDog at 11:14:56 26-03-2013
  • frugtkompot 26 Mar 2013 12:24:16 2,819 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have bought myself a "war dog", but it doesn't look as superior as I was hoping for - and it cost me 500 gold!

I'm level 11, but as I'm playing mostly with magic I don't have very strong armour. What consistently takes me down then is when there are so many enemies that I can't keep a distance to them.

I've been travelling for a while without a follower because the daedric mage that I picked up during the Azura's Star quest died, and I didn't bother to go and get Lydia - my only other option. I just picked up J'Zargo though, so I'm hoping he'll be able to help. Just afraid of him dying too!
  • Vortex808 26 Mar 2013 12:42:25 6,965 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you're a mage you may want a warrior type to pair up with so they can wade in and cause a distraction though.

That might make it easier for you to hold back. The dog will help with that too.

I wouldn't worry too much though- at level 11 a lot of enemies would easily have killed us all I'm sure. I know I used to have to reload quite often at those levels!
  • glo 26 Mar 2013 12:44:16 3,422 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Offer is online now.

Just bought it to add to the growing list of stuff that I don't have the time to play...
  • StaffyDog 26 Mar 2013 12:45:36 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Travel to Falkreath and speak to a blaksmith called Lod and he will mention a dog. Take the quest, travel up the country a bit till you meet the dog and start the A Daedra's Best Friend quest. But dont do the quest just yet and you get the dog Barbas as a very handy companion who helps you defeat enemies but cant be killed. It will help you level up a bit.
  • Vortex808 26 Mar 2013 12:51:35 6,965 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    glo wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Offer is online now.

Just bought it to add to the growing list of stuff that I don't have the time to play...
    Sweet. I will be buying that tonight. As if I have not spent enough time on Skyrim since I started playing it this year, but needs must. :)
  • Blaketown 26 Mar 2013 12:56:22 4,636 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    frugtkompot wrote:
    I have bought myself a "war dog", but it doesn't look as superior as I was hoping for - and it cost me 500 gold!
    I found that the other night & tried to buy one.

He said "You already seem to have a dog.".

I certainly don't. Maybe it's because I am a dog.:confused:

Brap, brap, old chap.

• ronuds 26 Mar 2013 13:53:56 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    My continuing issue with this, 160 hours in, is that I just can't concentrate on quests. At the start I was avoiding random caves, as I didn't want to screw up quests, and I was getting my arse handed to me on a plate by most baddies...but now I'm a bit leveled up, I just can't resist entering every dungeon I pass. I just wander about and loot.
    I always think entering random dungeons will break something, which seems to be a good enough deterrent for me. I still do every so often, though. Sometimes you see a little hole in the side of a mountain and just can't help but peak inside!

What's extremely annoying is being constantly over-encumbered. I probably spend 75% of my time transporting items from here to there just so I can carry more.
  • quadfather 26 Mar 2013 13:58:24 11,860 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, dragon bones and scales are annoyingly heavy. I think I've got a chest somewhere with about 8 tons of each inside them

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• ronuds 26 Mar 2013 13:59:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HAHA - yet you keep taking them. Why?!? (I do the same, btw)

Edited by ronuds at 14:00:23 26-03-2013
  • StaffyDog 26 Mar 2013 15:39:55 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I make em into armour then sell for a tidy profit. I tend to have a mule ,sorry companion with me for looting spells.
  • graysonavich 26 Mar 2013 15:42:13 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any word when SkyUI will be updated? It's unplayable without.
  • Armoured_Bear 26 Mar 2013 15:47:05 10,288 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Any word when SkyUI will be updated? It's unplayable without.
    It's annoying but hardly unplayable IMO, you get used to it.
    i'm eargerly awaiting the new SKSE too though.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Page

of 495 First / Last