The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page 470

• Page

of 495 First / Last

• magicpanda 21 Feb 2013 18:56:12 13,482 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think it's 83. That's every skill capped at 100.

Edited by magicpanda at 18:56:21 21-02-2013
  • Rens11 22 Feb 2013 00:06:54 1,465 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    @quadfather - You could always respawn her.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/18/skyrim-npc-codes/
    Cheers for that! Woman in my whiterun potion shop has been missing since the start

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• itinkuravinalaff 24 Feb 2013 15:35:09 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tempted to get this again to finish it.
  • Vortex808 24 Feb 2013 20:47:54 7,583 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Level 46 now. Should I start on the main quest now, or just keep exploring? ;-)
  • Scimarad 27 Feb 2013 18:33:33 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't know what the actual fuck is going on with my game! I've been playing through the main quest with a new character and I got to Sovngarde...and instead of a nice uneventful walk to the big hall like last time, I immediately got jumped by a bloody dragon. Anyway, I shrug and then kill it but for some reason I don't absorb the soul. So that was weird, especially as it looked all weird and knotted up when it landed...

So I carry on and get attacked by another dragon, kill it, another turns up, I kill THAT and eventually I get to the hilly bit before the bridge. Suddenly I get attacked by 6 or 7 of the fuckers of various colours at once!! Needless to say, I got barbecued in about 3 seconds flat.

Anyway, a reload seem to fix to it to the point that I only got attacked by two, which I could handle. Really not sure what caused it. I tried to get a screenshot but it was just a mass of fire!

Edited by Scimarad at 18:34:47 27-02-2013
  • HelloNo 27 Feb 2013 23:20:05 1,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    : D

New aftershave?
  • Scimarad 28 Feb 2013 07:42:47 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To semi-quote, maybe this is one of those situations where dumping a load dragon piss all over yourself is a bad idea!
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Mar 2013 20:19:34 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just started playing this on PC using a 360 controller and arrived in the first town, I want to sell all my crap but I can only buy from Lucan Valerius, the bartering line was mentioned but I go through the inventory in every way possible and can't see how I can get my stuff to sell to him :-(
    Help!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 2 March 2013 20:28:45
    KILL HIM
  • Scimarad 2 Mar 2013 21:40:03 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You just press select to change from buy to sell and then press 'A' over the item, don't you?

Oh, and get this if you haven't already. It's really useful and despite the description it works really well with the 360 pad.

Edited by Scimarad at 22:11:44 02-03-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Mar 2013 22:53:41 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    You just press select to change from buy to sell and then press 'A' over the item, don't you?

Oh, and get this if you haven't already. It's really useful and despite the description it works really well with the 360 pad.
    Thanks a lot mate, I'll try that tomorrow.
    I have installed that mod but it's not running due to the script extender not working or something, I'll have a play tomorrow.

I went for sneaky cat class, planning on lots of stealth, archery and building magic up, sound ok? .

• Scimarad 3 Mar 2013 07:54:10 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You have to install the latest version of SKSE for some of the more complicated mods to run; Sorry, should have mentioned that!

Just dump it all in the Skyrim folder and create yourself a shortcut to SKSE Loader.exe instead of the normal Skyrim shortcut. It works fine with Steam. There should be a readme file included with SKSE that explains all that but it's always a good idea to read the installation instruction and compatibly sections of any of the mod pages.

I'd actually suggest installing the Nexus Mod Manager as that pretty much does it all for you after you've set it up. You still need to keep an eye out for compatibility issues, though.

Just to be on the safe side you might want to make a backup of your Skyrim folder.

Edited by Scimarad at 07:55:42 03-03-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Mar 2013 09:27:28 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    You have to install the latest version of SKSE for some of the more complicated mods to run; Sorry, should have mentioned that!

Just dump it all in the Skyrim folder and create yourself a shortcut to SKSE Loader.exe instead of the normal Skyrim shortcut. It works fine with Steam. There should be a readme file included with SKSE that explains all that but it's always a good idea to read the installation instruction and compatibly sections of any of the mod pages.

I'd actually suggest installing the Nexus Mod Manager as that pretty much does it all for you after you've set it up. You still need to keep an eye out for compatibility issues, though.

Just to be on the safe side you might want to make a backup of your Skyrim folder.
    Thanks mate,
    I already installed the nexus mod manager and quite a few mods.
    I did the Golden Claw quest and loved it, quite surprised at how poor a lot of the textures look, I suppose Witcher 2 has spoiled me.

• Scimarad 3 Mar 2013 09:46:20 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There are some pretty decent texture mods available. There is also quite a nice mod that enhances a lot of the static meshes for various bits of clutter in the game.

Trouble is, it's easy to spend more time trying new mods than it is playing the damn thing!
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 07:58:22 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:

Hi mate,
    I figured out the selling problem, basically I was running SkyUI and there's no way of switching to my inventory, I tried every button. There was an error message saying that SKSE ist't running so SkyUI may not work correctly.
    I downloaded the latest version and am using Nexus Mod Manager, all to no avail.
    I disabled it and have the normal UI but I can at least sell stuff.

It seems as if SKSE hasn't been updated to work with the latest patched Skyrim version.

• ram 4 Mar 2013 08:14:52 3,488 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had the same problem as you but I've fixed it. If you go to skyui mod configuration in the settings you should be able to change the layout. I use the back button on the Xbox pad to switch from buy to sell.
  • Benno 4 Mar 2013 08:29:18 10,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I just started playing this on PC using a 360 controller and arrived in the first town, I want to sell all my crap but I can only buy from Lucan Valerius, the bartering line was mentioned but I go through the inventory in every way possible and can't see how I can get my stuff to sell to him :-(
    Help!
    I had this same problem. You are using SkyUI aren't you? Just press back (select) on your controller.
  • Benno 4 Mar 2013 08:29:39 10,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh you've fixed it, I should keep reading in future :p
  • Benno 4 Mar 2013 08:30:53 10,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I manually installed SKSE and it worked fine for me :S
  • magicpanda 4 Mar 2013 09:47:01 13,482 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You have to remember to run the Script extender exe to run the game instead of the normal way.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 10:08:36 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    You have to remember to run the Script extender exe to run the game instead of the normal way.
    I've been starting the game from the nexus mod manager to ensure the other mods are included.

• magicpanda 4 Mar 2013 10:11:38 13,482 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah you don't need to do that. Once Nexus has downloaded and installed any mods it's added to the load list you don't even need to start it.

Just make sure you run the script extender exe instead of skyrim normally and everything should work fine.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 10:16:57 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Nah you don't need to do that. Once Nexus has downloaded and installed any mods it's added to the load list you don't even need to start it.

Just make sure you run the script extender exe instead of skyrim normally and everything should work fine.
    Thanks, I'll try and install the script extender manually and start with that.

• Vortex808 4 Mar 2013 10:49:21 7,583 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm almost starting to hate this game. It is dominating my gaming time so much and leading me to stay up far later than is advisable at the weekends. It's really got under my skin.

I have done very little of the main quest and yet somehow I am level 51. I spent 4-5 hours on friday night, just doing.... stuff. I smithed and enchanted things and cleared some dungeons and that was about it. I think I did quite a lot of mining for some reason. It was very exciting to find a dungeon with so much ore in it. :)

I also seem to be unable to play anything else at all just now. Even with new shiny (and short) games like Crysis 3 in my possession I still crave more time on this.

I think I should probably focus on the main quest for a bit now. Then I can possibly play something else occasionally. I do still have many, many quest outstanding in the miscellaneous pile though....
  • Benno 4 Mar 2013 10:56:16 10,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just make it your aim to do every quest in the game
  • Scimarad 4 Mar 2013 11:32:38 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really enjoyed Dawnguard, though the ending was a bit of an anticlimax. I thought the new areas such as Soul Cairn, the grove with all the moths and the hidden valleys were all very good. It did confuse the hell out of me that the guy with the trolls asked me to go and kill a master vampire but I absolutely couldn't find the dungeon. After looking up the name on the internet it seems the game randomly selected a dungeon on that island in Morrowind because I had Dragonborn installed:)
  • orpheus 4 Mar 2013 16:09:35 1,011 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New beta update has a very interesting feature:

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/04/now-on-steam-skyrim-1-9-beta-update/#more-21738

Legendary difficulty setting
    Legendary Skills Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.
  • onestepfromlost 4 Mar 2013 18:15:43 2,117 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    by return its perks im confused as to whether it means it returns them to spend elsewhere.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 22:50:47 11,917 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:

That worked perfectly, cheers for the help guys.
    I have the following mods installed :
    SKyUI
    ENB Combiner
    Texture Pack Combiner
    W.A.T.E.R
    Some snowy one.

Any other recommendations?

• Scimarad 4 Mar 2013 23:04:00 8,636 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really like Skyrim Monster Mod and Skytest. Both of these add a lot of variety to the creatures you meet. Also, Immersive armours and Immersive weapons are both good mods.

And don't forget the unofficial patches.
  • Page

of 495 First / Last