• quadfather 14 Feb 2013 16:09:20 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nice one, appreciated - cheers

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• magicpanda 14 Feb 2013 21:41:08 13,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That enb preset i linked doesn't work with hearthfire. Probably because the lighting overhaul mod that comes with it hasn't been updated. Going to try a few more.
  • Vortex808 15 Feb 2013 09:28:11 7,307 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I have had to take tomorrow off work to await a delivery.

I hereby pledge that tomorrow will be 'skyrim day'.

:)
    Booo. Stupid company changed the delivery date to monday early this morning.

Now not only was I looking forward to a day off, I stayed up late last night playing Skyrim thinking it wouldn't matter if I was tired.

Now I am in work. :(

Still, at least I've now got Monday off instead :)

Every cloud and all that......
  • oldschoolsoviet 15 Feb 2013 15:19:28 5,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Around 5 hours with Dragonborn today.

I can confirm that everything is tickety-boo thus far. Tested with my first character, a sneaky Breton assassin with his mighty 16MB save and not a hint of problems. The variety and change is a delight, and hopefully the next two follow suit.

Reverting back to my Imperial lass, my second and more balanced/planned character, polishing off the Skyrim stuff so I can play through Dawnguard/Dragonborn in order. Roll on crossbows !
  • anyjungleinguy 15 Feb 2013 15:49:42 20 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Around 5 hours with Dragonborn today.

I can confirm that everything is tickety-boo thus far. Tested with my first character, a sneaky Breton assassin with his mighty 16MB save and not a hint of problems. The variety and change is a delight, and hopefully the next two follow suit.

Reverting back to my Imperial lass, my second and more balanced/planned character, polishing off the Skyrim stuff so I can play through Dawnguard/Dragonborn in order. Roll on crossbows !
    Thanks for updating us, I'm going to take the plunge and get it. With the current sale at ShopTo I should be able to get Skyrim and all three current DLC for under 40.
  • SYS64738 15 Feb 2013 16:11:47 1,687 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet

Thanks for your update, much appreciated and basically the green light for me to take the plunge with the DLC:) Platinum'd Skyrim late last year, one of my most played games beside Dark Souls. Can't wait to visit again!

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• quadfather 16 Feb 2013 14:58:30 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok, I've got the erb patch activated.

Might ahave done something wrong though. It's weird. At night time, the game looks amazing, but in the daytime I can't notice anything different to be honest

is that what's supposed to happen?

• magicpanda 16 Feb 2013 17:10:05 13,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @quadfather If you went for the one I linked it's a bit crap as the lighting overhaul doesn't work with the DLC so I uninstalled it all :( I've only just started messing around with it myself so it's all new to me.

Finally settled on this one. which is just very straight forward copying a few files over into the skyrim folder with no extra .esp files to load and it looks pretty damn good.

• quadfather 16 Feb 2013 17:50:43 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @magicpanda - nice one, thanks. I'll have a play about.

Must admit, it was a bit strange at first at night as its so much darker than normal. But I've got used to it now, and It's more atmospheric, needing a torch to see etc. Reminds me of dragon's dogma in that respect

On a bum note though, I think I've lost Lydia in the meridia quest. Something weird happened at the boss and she just disappeared. Hum

• kickerconspiracy 17 Feb 2013 08:52:29 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather - You could always respawn her.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/18/skyrim-npc-codes/
  • quadfather 17 Feb 2013 11:34:13 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kickerconspiracy - Well I never! Thanks muchly!

• kickerconspiracy 17 Feb 2013 12:12:06 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You could also try:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection
  • Vortex808 17 Feb 2013 13:36:30 7,307 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Last night I encountered the nightcaller temple save glitch. You'd think they would have patched that by now. Had to bump it down to novice just to get through it easily since even bringing up the menu to swap spells, drink potions or change weapons was causing it to freeze.

First real issue I've had in 50 hours though.
  • DaM 17 Feb 2013 14:05:39 13,338 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Last night I encountered the nightcaller temple save glitch. You'd think they would have patched that by now. Had to bump it down to novice just to get through it easily since even bringing up the menu to swap spells, drink potions or change weapons was causing it to freeze.

First real issue I've had in 50 hours though.
    This pisses me off too - a common well-reported bug, but still not patched.
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 10:15:54 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    You could also try:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection
    Ah, I see you need the body in the immediate vicinity for that to work. I can't do that. It's a weird one, but you know the meridia quest? Where you have to align the light in the temple and kill the necromancer at the end? It's that one. The problem is, when you go into the last room where he is, the door locks behind you. When you finish the quest successfully, you are automatically teleported out.

If you then go back to the temple (as I did, looking for Lydia), the final door is still locked so you can't get back in.

Thing is, I had a ocd like search for her body before I picked up the sword that initiates the teleportation and it just isn't there.

Bizarre.

I'll try the summon npc code and see what happens

• magicpanda 18 Feb 2013 10:45:42 13,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have you tried taking another follower to see if she is still alive? It won't let you if she is.

If she is still alive try waiting for a few days in game.
  • oldschoolsoviet 18 Feb 2013 11:07:58 5,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you know where they're from, wait there. Whiterun house bodyguard, isn't she ? Seems to improve your chances, certainly works with the East Empire Imperial lass for me.
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 12:32:35 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nice one, good ideas. I'll try those

Actually, thinking about it, why don't I just get a different follower? :)

• quadfather 18 Feb 2013 13:06:54 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In fact, is there a method to choosing a follower? I normally just use Lydia and the way fights go is that I start by sneaking and firing a few arrows, then let Lydia finish off with swords.

Are there other benefits from choosing, say, a mage follower?

• Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2013 13:11:06 7,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Never bothered with a mage follower. I tried the tigerman from the mage tower (can't remember his name), but he was very glass cannon-ey and died quickly. Eventually I got the one from the town with the Thieves Guild HQ. She was great. When combined with my permanent zombie friend we were unstoppable.
  • oldschoolsoviet 18 Feb 2013 13:27:43 5,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    J'ZHARGO !

Probably my fave, and a few others. Just mentioned him in the comments on the Witcher/Skyrim article.
    Currently swapping between a heavily armoured Adelisia from the EEC, and the new John Hurt-soundalike Teldryn (Dunmer ?) from the bar in Raven's Rock. Seems to favour a sword and lightning magic, working well so far.

Funniest story concerns the elf archer from Riverwood, my initial companion press-ganged into Imperial service during the war quests. He has that love triangle with the Nord and Imperial lass that involves you substituting letters. Ended up marrying her myself, and the surprise of finding him lurking around outside the house one morning was something !

Seems his unrequited love knows no boundries, and his scripting has allowed him to remain a Windhelm resident. Either that or she's having an affair....
  • ModishNouns 18 Feb 2013 13:33:28 4,656 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    nice one, good ideas. I'll try those

Actually, thinking about it, why don't I just get a different follower? :)
    Mjoll the Lioness. Hard as nails and you will NEVER tire of hearing about her hunting trips in Morrowind as a child.
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 13:37:09 12,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lol, looks like I've started a follower nostalgia thread :)

• timetraveler 19 Feb 2013 12:55:22 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Skyrim is the best. I haven't see such a huge world in any other game. I recently bought Dragonborn. It's great. I noticed that this DLC is very similar to Morrowind, isn't it? The same climate, soundtrack...
  • Vortex808 21 Feb 2013 17:01:49 7,307 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's the level cap in this? I am mid-40's now and worried about wasting perks if it stops at 50. I assume 50 could be it since there is an achievement for hitting that. I'm wondering if I should put some perks points aside until I max out enchanting and smithing & a few other trees instead of spending them straight away.

Or can you go to level 75 or 100? I assume not, since that would let you have all skill trees maxed out.

Edited by Vortex808 at 17:02:39 21-02-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 21 Feb 2013 17:06:23 5,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is no level cap iirc. Think around 80ish was deemed feasible before the XP required to advance further would become ridiculously obscene. Currently at Lv58 on my Imp lass after finishing Dragonborn yesterday. Plenty of life yet.
  • Vortex808 21 Feb 2013 17:07:46 7,307 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice. Thanks, I've got plenty of perks to use yet then!

:)
  • Gunzberg 21 Feb 2013 18:12:04 1,741 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am Level 62 and I believe you can keep on going up to 100+

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Page

of 495 First / Last