Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dragon BEAST.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• SYS64738 27 Nov 2012 22:19:05 1,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ka-blamo

As far as I know it's possible to do most if not all the quests with the same character - have you done the civil war questline already? That one should ideally be done to avoid glitching it based on a choice within the main quest but not sure if that got patched.

The only issue I found with using just one character is that you have limited amounts of perk points (that you gain when levelling), so you can't max out all skills unless you are truly dedicated (and I don't know if the game has a level-cap).

Doing the level-50 Trophy for me was the most painful thing, not only does it take ages but you end up with an overpowered jack of all trades which IMO isn't that much fun - I rather play with specific char builds such as Thief or Tank or Mage etc.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• mrharvest 28 Nov 2012 08:43:44 5,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Afaik the level cap is only due to the fact that you can't gain levels once all your skills are 100.

Some quests are exclusive but these are pretty obvious: you can't kill all the members of a faction -and- do the faction quests, etc.
  • SYS64738 28 Nov 2012 10:47:31 1,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ka-blamo

Looks like you did the civil war line alright. Re magic guild questline, I actually built a mage char just for that, also wanted to focus most perks to magic use to see what it's like... More fun than normal combat imo. Also completed civil war with it as I ignored the main quest altogether.

The rest I did with my sneaky bow thief though, got the Platinum 2 weeks ago:).

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• Madder-Max 4 Dec 2012 08:15:40 11,679 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone know where the dragonborn dlc is?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Clart 4 Dec 2012 09:18:08 1,014 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I was wondering the same. I was hoping to download it this morning before work, but it was nowhere to be seen. What time of day does DLC normally get released?
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 09:20:40 27,425 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Normally around lunchtime,

But generally whenever MS can be bothered to push the big red button.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• DaM 4 Dec 2012 09:38:27 13,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Started playing again at the weekend, after a few months off, but having major issues on the 360 version. Everytime I or the game tries to save, it freezes. I've tried everything recommended online - deleted most of my saves, cleared game and system cache. My last resort is to try an earlier save. I'll be so gutted if I've lost my game.
  • Tryhard 4 Dec 2012 11:19:53 4,211 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DaM My game freezes on 360 also, and loads so slooooooooowly.[I have a new XB slim to and loaded on Hard drive].

Load game,leave house,load,leave town,load.That is probably 15 minutes real time gone before you have even scratched your Kajiit nuts.
  • DaM 4 Dec 2012 11:40:37 13,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    @DaM My game freezes on 360 also, and loads so slooooooooowly.[I have a new XB slim to and loaded on Hard drive].

Load game,leave house,load,leave town,load.That is probably 15 minutes real time gone before you have even scratched your Kajiit nuts.
    Have you tried clearing your game cache (hold down LB, RB, X until game loads on boot IIRC)?

I have installed it to HD.

Edited by DaM at 11:41:04 04-12-2012
  • teamHAM 4 Dec 2012 17:22:34 3,116 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So who has got this Dragonborn DLC? Is it any good?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• HelloNo 7 Dec 2012 00:07:22 1,226 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So just playing through Dragonborn... and I think it might be broken on my Xbox.

Got to Tel... something, where the mushroom houes are where you're supposed to talk to Neloth. However he and the rest of the place were hostile. Blew past the villagers because they've got story immunity. And had the greatest battle with the guy himself. Him and his ash guardian versus Me, mage companion, her ice elemental and a couple of reiklings, i guess because I'm their chief now? All fighting in an area the size of your average house. Was nuts.

Trouble is I couln't remember how to yield and he got me eventually.
  • DaM 7 Dec 2012 11:27:53 13,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I sorted my save issue - it was a quest related bug - Waking Nightmare, in the Nightcallers temple, try and save and it just freezes. Abandoned the quest, will go back and complete it without saving at some point.
  • SteveHolt 10 Dec 2012 21:26:02 425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played some Dragonborn this week end, and it's very good IMO. Agree with EG's review so far. Lots of new content, no new glitches, even with dawnguard+hearthfire installed. Good fan service, too, it feels good to be back in morrowind after all these years.
  • Ziz0u 18 Dec 2012 09:02:53 8,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I started a new character over the weekend, inspired by this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/10/the-elder-strolls-part-1-fresh-off-the-boat/.

Old, but a good read.

Edited by ZizouFC at 09:03:15 18-12-2012
  • ModishNouns 18 Dec 2012 09:44:03 4,656 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I started a new character over the weekend, inspired by this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/10/the-elder-strolls-part-1-fresh-off-the-boat/.

Old, but a good read.
    That's brilliant. More here: http://www.pcgamer.com/tag/the-elder-strolls/
  • gooner77 18 Dec 2012 09:49:28 865 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    really enjoying the dlc. one question though , should you complete all the black book mini quests before finishing the main quest ? I think I have one book left find
  • Ziz0u 18 Dec 2012 10:21:34 8,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ModishNouns

Cheers. Read all the Oblivion ones he did as well. Great stuff :)

@Timotei

Will check it out :)
  • magicpanda 7 Jan 2013 11:55:38 13,456 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When the hell is Dragonborn coming out for PC?

The mod community grows restless

• quadfather 7 Jan 2013 12:17:10 13,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Felt like coming back to skyrim after not touching it for a few months. Originally rolled a 2 hander, heavy armour wearing tank type character but after loading it up again, I kinda got bored by it.

So I thought I'd try what I did in oblivion and mix sneak with archery.

Oh man, so much fun again :)

Taking out an entire fort without being noticed and pinging monsters left right and centre has given it a new lease of life for me!

I can't wait to see if when you upgrade your perks in archery to full, if it flings the mobs miles when you get a critical on them, like oblivion.

does it do that? Please say yes!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Garfy 18 Jan 2013 13:14:11 692 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just wanted to play a quick bit of Skyrim but Steam won't let me.

Why has 'Steam just needs to reorganise the files a bit' turned into a freaking 4 hour download?
  • magicpanda 26 Jan 2013 10:11:36 13,456 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dragonborn DLC is up for preorder on Steam
  • magicpanda 28 Jan 2013 08:48:05 13,456 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
  • quadfather 28 Jan 2013 11:09:50 13,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. you know in morrowind, there was a vendor that always had a load of gold on him, so you could make a shedload of cash vendoring stuff.

I think there was a similar vendor in oblivion too.

I can't seem to find anyone in Skyrim that has pots of cash. Admittedly, I've not explored that much of the land, but is there a rich vendor about?

Or, alternatively, what's a good method of making tons of cash?

I've already googled it, and there's the standard ways of doing it which is fine if that's all that's available. It's just that I've re-rolled another char, and I'm at that stage where training is costing a fair whack all the time, and I'm just wondering if there's a sneaky way of making loads of cash fast, instead of the standard vendoring method

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• kickerconspiracy 28 Jan 2013 11:11:30 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Try this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/769
  • teamHAM 28 Jan 2013 12:48:47 3,116 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

If you don't have access to mods, then your best bet is the Riverwood Trader. I think you need lots of points in Speech or whatever it is, but once you have followed a few steps he has much more gold than any other vendor.

Also, after you have done this, Alchemy is an excellent way to make money. Once you have some ingredients and sprinkle a few points into Alchemy in specific places, make some potions while using an alchemy calculator website, and you can literally make hundreds of thousands of gold in an hour or two. Once you get to know the locations of all the Alchemist's you can just go round buying up all there ingredients, go back to a lab and make all the potions up for huge profit. Rinse and repeat.

I haven't played for a while so maybe on the new DLC there is a more efficient method, but this has always done me fine.

Edited by teamHAM at 12:49:24 28-01-2013

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Page

of 495 First / Last