Shogun - Total War 2 Page 17

• Page

of 17 First / Last

Next
  • Mr_Sleep 9 May 2013 18:12:27 17,276 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In my experience it's always anti-alaising and shadows that kill things, so perhaps try turning shadows down to the lowest setting and see if that helps. There are a lot of shadows in TW.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Mr-Brett 9 May 2013 18:32:06 12,877 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It shouldn't be running that slow on your system, sounds like it's something specific to your computer, graphics drivers is always the obvious one.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Rhaegyr 9 May 2013 18:48:13 2,666 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the tips guys.

I tried Sleep's idea first but I didn't notice a discernible change. As I stated earlier, I've tried the game with everything set to lowest/off but it still runs poorly with unit/battle size not seeming to be much of a factor.

I'm using the 314.22 WHQL drivers (installed them with Infinite) so I think I'm up to date here.

It's a shame really - I got into the Total War series with the original Shogun and loved it. I decided to wait for Shogun 2 before trying my next game in the series (a long wait, but these games are BIG) and I've been quite excited to get head first into a campaign.

Honestly been trying a couple of months now to get this running smoothly (via Steam) but to no avail. The only thing I can think that's holding me back is the CPU, otherwise I'm stumped!

I just want to play it :( Starcraft and Civ don't scratch the same itch.

Thanks again

Edit - It's probably worth adding that I only have Steam running in the background when trying to run this (along with SpeedFan). All PC temps are fine and the GFX Card runs at about 50-55 degrees max.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 18:50:05 09-05-2013
  • Page

of 17 First / Last

Next