Batman : The Brave And The Bold

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • LFMartins 1 Jun 2010 19:26:17 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trailer.

Is it just me or this looks like it could be good?
  • Hunam 1 Jun 2010 19:27:52 20,674 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like an overdeveloped flash game to me.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2010 21:10:02
    Blue Beetle??? Sweeeet.

Made by WayForward, who did the sublime A Boy and his Blob? Sweeter.
  • morriss 1 Jun 2010 21:46:50 70,748 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks good. Hopefully it'll be a PSN/XBLA affair, too.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2010 22:38:17
    morriss wrote:
    Looks good. Hopefully it'll be a PSN/XBLA affair, too.
    This, looks awesome.
  • uglygamer 1 Jun 2010 22:56:16 11,782 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks decent. Do you know if its a Wiiware or a full retail title?
  • LFMartins 1 Jun 2010 23:08:42 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Full retail, I think. There´s no mention to WiiWare on the press release.

Hit Animated Series Brought To Life on Wii and Nintendo DS for Kids and Families to Play Together

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, on behalf of DC Comics, announces Batman: The Brave and the Bold the Videogame, an action-adventure videogame based on the popular animated series, available this Autumn for Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. In the game, fans play alongside Batman and many of his allies in the DC UNIVERSE to take on dozens of popular villains.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold the Videogame fully immerses fans into the vivid animated world of the successful TV series where kids can play as Batman or together with family and friends in two-player co-op mode. Players can choose from iconic characters ROBIN, GREEN LANTERN, BLUE BEETLE, along with drop-in heroes such as AQUAMAN to help solve puzzles and fight foes.

The game provides maximum replay value to those who own both the Wii and Nintendo DS versions by allowing them to connect the two systems to unlock BAT-MITE as a playable character. Players can control him with the Nintendo DS to wreak havoc or fight alongside the main characters in all levels of the Wii videogame.

“Batman: The Brave and the Bold the Videogame further illustrates the diverse appeal of the Batman brand and the gameplay is a fun, vibrant extension of the animated series,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President of Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The game’s co-op play offers kids, families and Batman fans an interactive way of experiencing the cartoon’s iconic characters.”

In Batman: The Brave and the Bold the Videogame, players embark on an exciting journey through crime-filled alleys, alien planets, abandoned underground cities and mysterious laboratories. Further lending to the authentic cartoon feel of the game is the inclusion of Batman’s iconic gadgets such as Batarangs and his Grapnel Gun.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2010 23:10:12
    There is already a thread for this, albeit with a bit general name.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2010 23:12:43
    morriss wrote:
    Hopefully it'll be a PSN/XBLA affair, too.
    Nintendo systems only, for better or worse.
  • LFMartins 1 Jun 2010 23:39:33 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SPAM wrote:
    There is already a thread for this, albeit with a bit general name.

Yeah, I had an impression there was already a thread about it but I couldn´t find it on the search.
  • K-Project 2 Jun 2010 07:25:21 334 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    Looks like an overdeveloped flash game to me.

First thing I though too.
  • paul_haine 2 Jun 2010 08:49:15 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want to see a remake of
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 2 Jun 2010 09:24:53 10,784 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:
    Definintely. Was the greatest game ever.

Could definitely do with a remake. Is in my Top 10 retro games fo' sho.
  • Gambit1977 2 Jun 2010 09:30:02 9,541 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    September is so far away : (
  • Sean.Aaron 2 Jun 2010 15:42:22 2,531 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, after Marvel Super Hero Squad failed to deliver the goods I'm open to a super hero beat-em-up. I've clocked many hours in Marvel Ultimate Alliance. A DC game could be fun, even if the line-up seems a bit limited.

I like the "return to basics" 2D and the cartoon cut-outs seem to be smoothly animated. Could be a pip!
  • paul_haine 3 Jun 2010 08:38:05 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    paul_haine wrote:

Goddamnit. You miss one closing quote mark and the site just says fuck off, this link ain't gettin' in.

Batman: The Caped Crusader
  • Gambit1977 3 Jun 2010 08:42:53 9,541 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    paul_haine wrote:

Goddamnit. You miss one closing quote mark and the site just says fuck off, this link ain't gettin' in.

Batman: The Caped Crusader

It's not just links, it's just type in general. Well, it is on my iPhone...I've had loads of probs.

Great game :D so many memories!
  • figaro7 8 Sep 2010 23:14:02 1,342 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone picking this up? Some reviews seem to enjoy it, others pan it for being a simple beat-em-up, should it have been wiiware?
  • Dan234 9 Sep 2010 06:59:03 2,232 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You know, I can see why the trailer in the original post was deleted for copyright. Here it is again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFoUcJWkHic

I'm sure I remember playing it on the Spectrum.
  • ryohazuki1983 9 Sep 2010 11:52:25 684 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going to get this - my little boy loves batman, so will play some co-op :)
  • Sean.Aaron 11 Sep 2010 01:49:28 2,531 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Day one purchase for me. I love the trailer.
  • Dan234 11 Sep 2010 08:35:49 2,232 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did play it on the Spectrum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWW71Rfg6ps
  • figaro7 13 Oct 2010 03:23:34 1,342 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Managed to pick this up cheap on ebay and its actually quite fun, very playable and wayforward just as they did with a boy and his blob have done another stellar job of 2d artwork with this. Only completed the 1st episode and it took around an hour but as far as beatemups go its quite good. Should have been a wiiware title no doubt but for $35 AU its close enough!
  • ryohazuki1983 13 Oct 2010 10:39:58 684 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agree it should have been on WiiWare, it's quite good like you say. However I read a few reviews stating how funny it is, I haven't laughed once yet.....
  • figaro7 17 Oct 2010 21:44:46 1,342 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Completed main story last night, the game doesnt outstay its welcome thats for sure, while it can be considered quite short, beat-em-ups shouldnt take that long to complete anyway and considering i only used batman all the way through, theres options to play with other characters in each of the 4 episodes.

It does get a little repetitive after a while, episode 2 was the lowlight for me, just dull in atmosphere but the 3rd anf 4th chapters redeemed it for me.

I wouldnt say the games not funny, it tries to be too funny at times, but the conversations between batman and the sidekicks during the episodes creates the cartoon atmosphere the game was going for.

Id say this is like a mix of muramasa, viewtiful joe and any oldschool beatemups. The main problem with this game is that its not very difficult. As long as you have enough coins you can restart from where you died and you wont have a problem collecting coins.

All your upgrades are for your secondary items, ie batarang, bombs, iron knuckles, lazer swords, etc. You can also upgrade all your sidekicks as well. Its disappointing that you dont learn any new combos during your travels. What's there is solid, throws, air combo's power attacks, sweep kicks, super attacks and your secondary attacks give you enough to toy around with.

Definately not made to be too hard, but its still very enjoyable and worth a rental.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next