At least 9 deaths as Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship

  • Page

    of 24 First / Last

    Previous
  • Retroid Moderator 31 May 2010 13:00:30 44,731 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BBC

    FFS :(


    Some of the international reaction:
    ABDULLAH GUL, TURKISH PRESIDENT

    ...

    The international community should not remain indifferent in the face of this attack in the international waters, some 69 nautical miles from Israeli territorial waters which targeted civilians including women, children, the elderly and religious officials from different faiths. It was a violation of the international laws.

    It is impossible to accept ignorance of lives of defenceless civilians who were trying to take humanitarian aid to Gazan people. Israel isolates its people with such policies. I wish that Israeli politicians and state will put an end to this situation.

    ...

    OFFICE OF BARONESS ASHTON, EU HIGH REPRESENTATIVE FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS

    High Representative Catherine Ashton expresses her deep regret at the news of loss of life and violence and extends her sympathies to families of the dead and wounded. On behalf of the European Union, she demands a full inquiry about the circumstances in which this happened.

    She reiterates the European Union's position regarding Gaza - the continued policy of closure is unacceptable and politically counterproductive... She calls for an immediate, sustained and unconditional opening of the crossing for the flow of humanitarian aid, commercial goods and persons to and from Gaza.
  • Errol 31 May 2010 13:01:20 12,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ahoy there shipmates!
  • IMO 31 May 2010 13:02:33 5,661 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Retarded.
  • Errol 31 May 2010 13:03:23 12,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Turkey should bomb them.
  • Retroid Moderator 31 May 2010 13:05:29 44,731 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because that would help.

    Try being reasonable, OK?
  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 13:06:41
    Israel's deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said his country "regrets any loss of life and did everything to avoid this outcome".

    He accused the convoy of a "premeditated and outrageous provocation", describing the flotilla as an "armada of hate".

    What can you say to such blatant insanity?
  • LionheartDJH 31 May 2010 13:07:13 19,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Turkey should bomb them.

    /Gordon

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • Fab4 31 May 2010 13:07:26 6,067 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dangerous PR stunt ends in death...what a shocker.
  • Errol 31 May 2010 13:09:05 12,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Someone should definitely bomb somebody.

  • Retroid Moderator 31 May 2010 13:13:50 44,731 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Errol, yesterday
  • LionheartDJH 31 May 2010 13:18:13 19,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Someone should definitely bomb somebody.

    Actually yeah you're quite right, you should definitely be appointed to the UN Security Council. Your amazing diplomatic skills would be of great help to the world.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • Genji 31 May 2010 13:26:35 19,689 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If I were an evil dictator, unconnected to any particular country, I would tell them to sort their shit out, or I'd warn them to evacuate before destroying Jerusalem, Israel *and* Palestine and letting them fight over a wasteland of glass. They'd probably still fight over it though. :(

    Or I'd bring an army in, take over and say "ok, *none* of you can have the land now".

    Complete bullshit, I know, but really - how is this going to end? Will it ever end?
  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 13:32:17
    Today in the news some people killed one another for no good reason at all. Tomorrow in the news some people will kill one another for no good reason at all. The next day in the news some poeple will kill one another for no good reason at all. The next day in the news some poeple will kill one another for no good reason at all. The next day in the news some poeple will kill one another for no good reason at all. The next day in the news some poeple will kill one another for no good reason at all.

    /etc
  • LionheartDJH 31 May 2010 13:33:58 19,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would like to be optimistic Genji, but like Northern Ireland, it's a complex situation that can't really be solved fully, only compromised on to an extent, and in the case of Israel and Palestine I'm not sure if even that is possible.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 13:35:24
    Genji wrote:
    Complete bullshit, I know, but really - how is this going to end? Will it ever end?

    It will only end when the international community (the US) decides it will. Israel will continue to do what it does with impunity (thanks to the unconditional support of the US) and the Palestinians will continue to suffer and impotently strike back on occasion, causing more atrocities about which no one will say anything. Both sides use terrorism, that much is clear, but the power is clearly not balanced.
  • LionheartDJH 31 May 2010 13:39:26 19,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Errol, yesterday

    :D
    Errol today.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • Fab4 31 May 2010 13:48:27 6,067 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You also have to laugh at the irony of a mainly Turkish flotilla sailing in the name of stopping oppression.

    I guess multiple bombing runs in Northern Iraq dont really count as oppression.
  • Dante_Cubit 31 May 2010 13:49:41 1,926 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is time for Obama to put his cards on the table.
  • senso-ji 31 May 2010 13:53:09 5,909 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What I don't understand is why Israeli commandos stormed it in the first place. A few days ago Israel said it's ships would block the aid ship from entering Gazan waters and redirect it, before arresting and deporting the activists. Seemed like a more sensible approach and its not like it doesn't have the battleships to achieve this.
  • RetardStrong 31 May 2010 14:06:17 3,229 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They just wanted to kill some dudes.
  • phAge 31 May 2010 14:09:11 24,371 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kajazo wrote:
    International waters? Shouldn't someone be prosecuted for war crimes?
    "Prosecuted for war crimes" and "Israelis" is oddly enough a pretty rare combination of words. Unless combined with "should" and "FFS", of course.
  • jellyhead 31 May 2010 14:09:50 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A charge of Piracy is being looked into apparently.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Fab4 31 May 2010 14:11:39 6,067 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think there is a loophole in the 'piracy' charge which would allow them to intercept vessels that have been warned and that continue heading into a blockaded area. Ofc, then you have the problem of whether the blockade is legal or not.
  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 14:13:45
    jellyhead wrote:
    A charge of Piracy is being looked into apparently.

    Don't think it's piracy when it's the action of nation.
  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 14:15:48
    United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, Part VII :

    article 87(a) provides for “freedom of navigation.”

    article 88, states, "The high seas shall be reserved for peaceful purposes."

    arrticle 89 states, "No State may validly purport to subject any part of the high seas to its sovereignty."

    article 90 states, "Every State, whether coastal or land-locked, has the right to sail ships flying its flag on the high seas"
  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 14:19:37
    Israel is what America would be if they just totally gave up even trying to justify their actions.

    They give no fuck.
  • Deleted user 31 May 2010 14:19:47
    Keyser_Soze wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    A charge of Piracy is being looked into apparently.

    Don't think it's piracy when it's the action of nation.

    More of an act of war perhaps
  • Page

    of 24 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply