Buying a slim?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • 10omarti 27 May 2010 22:57:31 227 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My 60Gb has ylod'd for the 2nd time in a month so im going to have to buy a slim model, i hear that maybe i should wait for a less power consuming model? could someone fill me in on when these will be available and also why alot of online retailers are currently out of stock of slim models? (play.com has up to 2 week waiting time for some bundles and the console on its own is 5 day wait?). Also, what are the current best places to get a bundle instore? what are GAMEs instore bundles like compared to somewhere like Tesco for example? i would really like Heavy Rain with the console if anyone knows where i could get one of them?
  • morriss 27 May 2010 22:58:06 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Google.
  • Mike_Hunt 27 May 2010 23:05:27 23,512 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you've got a Costco card they were selling them really cheap a while ago. Failing that, GAME's instore price was on a level with most e-tailers, but you get the bonus of reward points, better bundle choice and buying from a retail store.

[MH]
  • Stop-gap 28 May 2010 01:09:17 329 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you're buying a new Slim look for the CECH-2103 A/B, those are the newest ones, it's the 1 which you're looking for.
    Apparently people have received them from Amazon, but more the 2003 A/B is still much more common. I wasted hours and got dozens of incredulous looks going around town looking for one this week :p.
    Don't buy from Game, the chimp there tried to explain something to me which he had not 10 seconds earlier admitted to not knowing anything about. I frikkin' hate Game.

Argos are selling PS3s for 240, same as Amazon, which is cheaper from anywhere else I dare to buy from.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next