Buying a slim?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • 10omarti 27 May 2010 22:57:31 227 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My 60Gb has ylod'd for the 2nd time in a month so im going to have to buy a slim model, i hear that maybe i should wait for a less power consuming model? could someone fill me in on when these will be available and also why alot of online retailers are currently out of stock of slim models? ( has up to 2 week waiting time for some bundles and the console on its own is 5 day wait?). Also, what are the current best places to get a bundle instore? what are GAMEs instore bundles like compared to somewhere like Tesco for example? i would really like Heavy Rain with the console if anyone knows where i could get one of them?
  • morriss 27 May 2010 22:58:06 71,284 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • Mike_Hunt 27 May 2010 23:05:27 23,524 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you've got a Costco card they were selling them really cheap a while ago. Failing that, GAME's instore price was on a level with most e-tailers, but you get the bonus of reward points, better bundle choice and buying from a retail store.

• Stop-gap 28 May 2010 01:09:17 329 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you're buying a new Slim look for the CECH-2103 A/B, those are the newest ones, it's the 1 which you're looking for.
    Apparently people have received them from Amazon, but more the 2003 A/B is still much more common. I wasted hours and got dozens of incredulous looks going around town looking for one this week :p.
    Don't buy from Game, the chimp there tried to explain something to me which he had not 10 seconds earlier admitted to not knowing anything about. I frikkin' hate Game.

Argos are selling PS3s for 240, same as Amazon, which is cheaper from anywhere else I dare to buy from.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next