ICO & SotC Collection Page 34

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Bulbatron 20 Mar 2013 18:36:53 836 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got a quick question for folks, if they're willing to help. I recently ordered the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection on PlayStation 3 from a marketplace seller through Amazon.co.uk. The game arrived today, but it appears to be the US version. There was no mention of the item being from the US in the description, so now I don't know what to do. I heard that some PlayStation 3 games work on both US and UK machines, but obviously I'm not keen to remove the shrink-wrap until I know for sure whether or not this is one of those games. I contacted the seller, but in the meantime, I'd appreciate it if anybody can tell me whether or not this version will work on my UK PAL PlayStation 3.

Thanks.

Wow - what a mansion!

• RyanDS 20 Mar 2013 18:40:36 9,237 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Should say on the back of the box? If it says Region 1 only then no.
  • danathjo 20 Mar 2013 18:50:49 7,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ps3 games are region free so it will play on any machine, you might have trouble if you want to sell it onto somewhere like Game though

but for just playing you're good
  • Oh-Bollox 20 Mar 2013 18:53:05 5,211 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It'll work fine in your PS3.
  • Bulbatron 20 Mar 2013 18:57:58 836 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Oh-Bollox Thanks for the reply!

Are you sure? On the spine of the case there is a little square with a 1 in it with what I assume is supposed to be a planet. If this was a DVD I'd have said it denoted a Region 1 code sign, but I believe blu-rays use letters (Region A, B, C etc), so I don't really know what to make of it. So I want to be sure before removing the shrink-wrap. I'm not bothered about it being the US version, as long as it work - assuming the US version is otherwise identical to the UK version.

Wow - what a mansion!

• mrpon 20 Mar 2013 19:09:15 28,752 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have exactly the same version (number 1 on the spine), works fine on my UK PS3.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Bulbatron 20 Mar 2013 19:13:34 836 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @mrpon Cheers for the reply. So what's the 1 for then? Sorry, mrpon, it's not that I don't trust your word, but obviously, once I remove the shrink-wrap, there's no going back.

Wow - what a mansion!

• Oh-Bollox 20 Mar 2013 19:23:44 5,211 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, absolutely sure, I've got Yank versions of Shilent Hill Downpour, Catherine, and Disgaea 4 here, they work with no problems at all.
  • mrpon 20 Mar 2013 19:28:58 28,752 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PS3 is predominantly region free for games, the number 1 on the spine means US version but rest assured it plays on a UK PS3.

Unwrap and enjoy :)

• Triggerhappytel 20 Mar 2013 19:39:10 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The PS3 is region free for almost all games. You'll be fine to play it, but as noted if you ever wanted to trade it in or sell it on you might have trouble. Frankly being of a different region would be enough reason to get your money back if you wanted.
  • spindle9988 20 Mar 2013 19:43:34 3,528 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seller still should of mentioned it but the will work. I've got a Yankee copy of time crisis
  • RyanDS 20 Mar 2013 19:57:34 9,237 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout#Sony
    All PlayStation 3 games except for one are region free.[4][5] Even though publishers could choose to region-lock specific games based on a mechanism that allows for the game to query the model of the PS3, none did so during the first six years after the launch of PS3.[6] The first game to be region-locked on PS3 is Persona 4 Arena;[7] publisher Atlus declined to reverse its decision despite substantial outcry by some of their fanbase. The decision was made to avoid excessive importing, due to all versions of the game sharing the same features and language support, but differing release dates in each region.
  • Bulbatron 20 Mar 2013 19:58:32 836 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers all for the replies. I've never played either game before, but I really wanted to try them. I'm in the middle of other games at the moment, so I suppose I can wait until the seller gets back to me, just to see what their response is.

Wow - what a mansion!

• mrpon 20 Mar 2013 20:04:52 28,752 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Works via Remote Play as well on a Vita.

• pacrifice 18 Apr 2013 15:09:39 1,070 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did anyone find certain sections of the game broken? Like maybe boss 15 shakes too fucking much and it depletes my grip gauge but I know I'm not playing shitty cause I completed this entire game when back on the ps2..

Still though, love this game.

edit. finally did it!!!

Edited by pacrifice at 15:17:10 18-04-2013
  • Widge Moderator 18 Apr 2013 15:39:56 13,462 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I found 15 a long arduous battle. That was bastardly hard.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• BinaryBob101 28 May 2013 18:27:53 22,637 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This! Out tomorrow! For free on PSN+!

YES!

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• CharlieStCloud 3 Aug 2013 21:02:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wow.

Took down five yesterday, five today.

... am I supposed to be feeling emotionally sad once the final plunge of the sword falls a colossi?

I feel like I am doing a BAD thing.

Is it bad that I am killing these giants, or is it something I have to simply accept?

If this is what Shadow of the Colossus almost looked like on the PlayStation 2 then Holy Christmas Batman! It is absolutely breathtaking.
  • Flying_Pig 3 Aug 2013 21:58:39 10,885 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Wow.

Took down five yesterday, five today.

... am I supposed to be feeling emotionally sad once the final plunge of the sword falls a colossi?

I feel like I am doing a BAD thing.
    That's exactly like I felt. Such a sad moment :(
  • oconnomiyaki 3 Aug 2013 22:38:52 245 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it's pretty gut-wrenching. I feel like such a bastard doing it. It's the music that gets ya.
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Dec 2013 09:50:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry for the BUMPAGE, but I thought this picture is worth sharing with you folks:

... which I found here, on Kotaku this morning.

The second tallest one was my favourite.

The way the camera pans upwards to the sky as the colossi raises his sword is just awe inspiring and shows off the grand scale of what's happening around you. All I kept thinking was how on Earth is my PlayStation 2 not going up in smoke!
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Dec 2013 10:21:31 16,933 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I decided to give this another go after abandoning it a while back and I finally get the method of play and have rather enjoyed it in places. The controls really are terrible at times though.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Bremenacht 13 Dec 2013 01:05:36 17,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can anyone offer a few non-spoily tips on SotC please, or link to some?

I'm after some good tips on control basically - preventing avoidable behaviour or common mistakes. For example, does having nothing in hand make it easier to hold on? Does not moving make it easier to hold on?

I've found you can stand on the horse, which is what I thought you had to do when I came up against the very first wall. You know, when you can get the damn animal to do what you want, and the damn camera too. And then, having started on a playthrough video, I saw I didn't need to do it anyway for that bit. \o/ Oh well. I'm guessing I'll need that skill later.

The playthrough got me started properly on colossi#1, so hopefully I'll not need cheaty stuff again. : - s
  • dominalien 13 Dec 2013 07:57:52 6,848 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't remember having to employ any very specific tactics in any individual case. You just figure out your approach, hold on for dear life and stab, stab stab. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Zizoo 13 Dec 2013 08:06:35 8,277 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really wish they would just release these outright on the Vita. I don't have a PS3 to remote-play them on anymore.
  • karlo87 25 Jan 2014 14:24:00 1,401 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Damnnn, the trophies for SotC are ridiculous :B

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Im wankered on Rohypnol.

• DisappointedDunceky 25 Jan 2014 18:00:19 154 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Still Ico's are more ridiculous.
    For instance, Armed And Ready : You Acquired the sword, or there was another one (the name of which I can't remember) for opening the east gate.
    Obviously any Jerk-off playing the game would acquire the sword or open the east gate.
    It's a great game though.But I had to leave it off unfinished.Wish I could finish it.
  • -cerberus- 25 Jan 2014 18:30:19 2,704 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Only trophies I'm missing to Plat both games are SotC's Hard Time trials & ICO's 2h speedrun.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• DisappointedDunceky 25 Jan 2014 18:35:56 154 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    What does the 2h speedrun ask to be done?
  • -cerberus- 25 Jan 2014 18:59:53 2,704 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finish the game under 2 hours of course ;)

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Page

of 35 First / Last