ICO & SotC Collection Page 28

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Gaol 12 Oct 2011 13:05:13 2,263 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Those themes are fucking terrible, like they were designed to give you epilepsy - surprised they managed it through QA. The vids were nice though.
  • whatsthecoo 12 Oct 2011 13:28:27 4 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So we (EU) don't get the round-table video or concept videos for ICO or SOTC? Why not...:-( At least there's always youtube...
  • HiddenAway 12 Oct 2011 13:29:58 14,856 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    whatsthecoo wrote:
    So we (EU) don't get the round-table video or concept videos for ICO or SOTC? Why not...:-( At least there's always youtube...

One of the videos was the full concept video for SotC. The ICO one was in the other video - but there wasn't much of it.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• pinebear 12 Oct 2011 13:40:41 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Those themes are fucking terrible, like they were designed to give you epilepsy - surprised they managed it through QA. The vids were nice though.
    Wondering if that's why there was a delay... >_>

• Accordi0n 12 Oct 2011 14:56:05 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yet another [Uncharted 3 did it too] official theme that doesnt reach the edges of my screen…

You'd think Just Scan/1:1 pixel would be an easy standard…
  • Feanor 12 Oct 2011 15:37:34 14,055 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The game's like that, too. I have to set my TV to 16:9 instead of Just Scan to get rid of the borders, and I've never had to do that with any other PS3 game.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2011 16:13:57
    I hope we are allowed to vote for these (Again) in the best of year polls. Because... as a beacon of pure gameplay, and intuition, these games still stand up head and shoulders, above a lot of games. No big yellows markers on screen, no cutscenes telling your next objective, no country hopping across the world. No hand holding. Just pure and simple, puzzle platform gameplay, that requires you to think in most regards. The atmosphere, and your own past experiences, combined with a gentle nod of a background story make this game.

I'm mainly talking about ico, because i'm yet to play shadow, but my christ. This game makes something a little inside go all warm. and take your breath away.

This year we had two/three of gaming masterpeices remade, Zelda: Oot, and these two. And they still feel fresh and involving as the very first time they were made. If that isn't a reason to not remake these games, then i don't know what is.

I know its easy to spout out crap like the above when it comes to crtically acclaimed games, and just ride that bandwagon, but no.. this deserves every single bit of praise, be it critical, or fanboyism that these game got. Most things released today, are severely insignificant compared to these.
  • Accordi0n 12 Oct 2011 16:32:31 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    The game's like that, too. I have to set my TV to 16:9 instead of Just Scan to get rid of the borders, and I've never had to do that with any other PS3 game.

theres an option for that in options of each game. Its called Full Pixel or similar. Put Just Scan back on and change it in game.

Quite why it isnt on by default i dont know… catering for the uneducated overscan/zoom uncalibrated, composite using masses i guess.

Ive noticed a lot of games do this now, where you have to increase the size of the screen border when you load up a game for the first time, complete waste of time. If plebs are too dumb to set up a TV right let them miss out, i shouldnt have to keep fiddling to get a 1:1 picture!!
  • pinebear 12 Oct 2011 18:25:50 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe... PS3 is pretty big in Euroland after all.

• Feanor 12 Oct 2011 18:44:09 14,055 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Accordi0n wrote:
    Feanor wrote:

theres an option for that in options of each game. Its called Full Pixel or similar. Put Just Scan back on and change it in game.

Thanks. I'll have a look for it tonight.
  • djronz. 12 Oct 2011 21:14:43 252 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    upto 11 on sotc now and frustration has set in on the last 2 of the last 3 collosi. Even so its never less than rewarding when you finally fell these beasts! A little dissapointed with the scale of a few though, they dont measure up to the earlier collosi.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2011 23:17:25
    djronz. wrote:
    upto 11 on sotc now and frustration has set in on the last 2 of the last 3 collosi. Even so its never less than rewarding when you finally fell these beasts! A little dissapointed with the scale of a few though, they dont measure up to the earlier collosi.

Don't worry, you have some humongous ones to come.
  • Stockings 13 Oct 2011 00:05:49 1,026 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The flying underbelly one was horrible and almost ruined the game for me.
  • Accordi0n 13 Oct 2011 04:29:27 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wimp
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Oct 2011 07:30:02 7,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Everyone hates phalanx :)

Except accordion.
  • chrisno21 13 Oct 2011 08:11:54 1,462 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I enjoyed the idea of bringing phalanx down, but got frustrated by the camera as usual. Not as frustrating as some of the wriggly bastards. 16 was easier than I remembered, wasn't looking forward to him at all but was actually one of the easiest.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 13 October 2011 18:49:18
    I don't how SOTC was even a ps2 game. I just defeated Boss 2, the sloth, and seeing it kick up sand, the way it glistens against the greenish blue tint of light, and how the collosi it moves, and EPONA.. sorry,your horse, running around frantically, is breathtaking. What did it run at, 1fps?

Coming straight from Ico which i love, my initial reactions to SOTC is a bit mixed. The graphics are really nice, but the contols, and camera feel really really loose. I played longer than i wanted so i can sort of get that in ingrained into me so i can start to fully fully enjoy it without any qualms. But i guess thats like most games. But the scope of the game.. is really special.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 13 Oct 2011 18:54:57 14,033 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just had to fight a flying monster in the desert. Just awesome! Think I will remember that one for a long time. :)
  • WoodenSpoon 13 Oct 2011 18:56:44 12,275 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    What did it run at, 1fps?

You've pretty much answered your own question there. I'd love to have a PS3 to play this with a rock solid frame rate.
  • kentmonkey 13 Oct 2011 19:39:39 20,439 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I finished it the other night.

The last boss was made uber difficult because it kept spamming shake when I was on his head and never stopped. Ever. I had to deliberately fall down and start again, whereupon it shook it's head twice and no more as I drained it's energy.

This release does definitely appear to be temporamental in terms of the Colossi bothering to shake at all or never stopping shaking and you having to jump/fall off and start again.
  • Accordi0n 13 Oct 2011 23:53:33 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    16 gave me far too much trouble too, rather embarrassing considering ive completed the game at least a hundred times on the PS2 [I used to speed run it in one sitting every Saturday after work…]

I even got shot off the cliff at the very start of the battle…ive never even seen 16 shoot past the stairs before…

@ woodenspoon: If ever there was a game or two to justify buying a console this is it.
  • Pinky_Floyd 14 Oct 2011 00:30:52 7,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I finished it the other night.

The last boss was made uber difficult because it kept spamming shake when I was on his head and never stopped. Ever. I had to deliberately fall down and start again, whereupon it shook it's head twice and no more as I drained it's energy.

This release does definitely appear to be temporamental in terms of the Colossi bothering to shake at all or never stopping shaking and you having to jump/fall off and start again.
    I fluffed the jump from shoulder to hand 3 times in a row. He thrashed me about too on his head, but I managed to get to his shoulder where I clung on and tried to recoup stamina.

The part I didn't mention above is the bit about my heart racing like mad, my fingers making dumb mistakes and excitement generally getting the better of me :)
  • mrpon 14 Oct 2011 00:32:05 28,428 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're talking about the game, right?

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Pinky_Floyd 14 Oct 2011 00:36:48 7,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Either that or my first foray inside a girls bra while she was still wearing it.
  • Feanor 14 Oct 2011 02:07:58 14,055 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I finished my third run thru Ico with a time of 2:00:17 just before midnight last night, so I had to re-do the final 35 minute section after the last save point again to get the platinum.
  • Big-Swiss 14 Oct 2011 07:51:18 8,076 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    what is the estimated time for the first run thru?
  • Pinky_Floyd 14 Oct 2011 07:52:28 7,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    5 hours should do it.
  • Big-Swiss 14 Oct 2011 08:14:12 8,076 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    5 hours should do it.

cool, thanks, how about for ICO?
  • Pinky_Floyd 14 Oct 2011 12:07:49 7,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am talking about ICO. Think 8 hours or so for the one that isn't ICO.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last