ICO & SotC Collection Page 2

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Deleted user 26 May 2010 14:49:42
    cianchristopher wrote:
    Edit: I guess it's this one instead.

Hilarious. TSA's source was actually none other than... the horrific VG247 post from earlier.

/echo echo echo
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 14:50:06
    iwlrolqyobqb wrote:
    Lots of EG regulars posting in htere, how come it took so long to break on here? ;_;

EG news threads are just warmed over GAF threads.
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 15:37:38
    Thesixthaxis quote vg247 as the source and vice versa. I think they just made the date up.

It's pretty much a given it will happen some time but I'll be disappointed if it is 2011 as that will be the Last Guardian's release date and I want to play it this year.
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 15:46:12
    Would love this. Never completed SotC myself and barely touched ICO. Would be a definite purchase for me. Just hope it happens.
  • M_of_the_sys 26 May 2010 15:49:08 1,154 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If it does happen, will it come out here 8 months after the US?
  • Widge Moderator 26 May 2010 15:49:29 12,595 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Never played SoTC, never seen any videos, playthroughs or anything, so that would be a treat. Ico I purchased on release and loved every second of it, be happy to go through again if it gets a lift, especially if it goes into 16:9.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• malteaserhead 26 May 2010 15:58:50 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like it's confirmed as supporting Move as well . Just trying to dampen my enthusiasm ;)
    /holds controller aloft to deflect light onto plains
  • twoism 26 May 2010 16:00:01 181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Would LOVE this to be true. Please let it be true! I'd buy it in a heart beat.
  • cianchristopher 26 May 2010 16:01:29 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    M_of_the_sys wrote:
    If it does happen, will it come out here 8 months after the US?

Well, what else could one expect from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe?
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 16:19:41
    I'm tempted to make a comment about how it took them 5 years to finally release a playable version of SotC. I'm curious if there are any other improvements besides framerate and resolution.
  • WoodenSpoon 26 May 2010 16:25:14 12,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If they up the resolution won't those games look terrible? Particularly Ico. I was under the impression that the fuzzy low res-ness covered up a bunch of really nasty textures etc.

It's been a very long time since I've played it though.
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 16:26:13
    no.
  • WoodenSpoon 26 May 2010 16:31:24 12,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    God of War certainly looks better. Oh well. I'll wait and see I guess.
  • cianchristopher 26 May 2010 16:33:30 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't see why everyone thinks this'll be such a good idea if they go the God of War route.

ICO in HD wouldn't look that great if they simply add 2xAA, run it at 720p* and keep it at 60fps (that's all they did to GOW).

They'd need to re-draw all the artwork for it to look nice, as it was so early in the PS2's lifecycle that it looked like a PS1 game (in fact, it was originally developed for the PS1 before being switched to the PS2).

God of War didn't need to be changed too much as it was already a massive technological leap over every single PS2 game that came before it. That much is widely known.

*and, given that it wasn't made in a widescreen resolution (2001 release) then 720p would require a pretty big overhaul.
  • jonsaan 26 May 2010 16:34:57 25,249 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SOTC and ICO looked great on my PS3 upscaled. Or whatever it does to them.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 26 May 2010 16:36:27
    I don't even care if they upscale it or up the framerate or rework the textures or any of that bullshit. Just let me be able to play Ico and SotC on my PS3 for 20 and I'll be delighted. Throw in some concept art etc. galleries on the disc too, please.
  • mrpon 26 May 2010 16:38:20 27,645 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    malteaserhead wrote:
    Looks like it's confirmed as supporting Move as well . Just trying to dampen my enthusiasm ;)
    /holds controller aloft to deflect light onto plains

Oh I dunno, the stabby motion could work for me!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Flying_Pig 26 May 2010 16:38:31 10,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    I don't even care if they upscale it or up the framerate or rework the textures or any of that bullshit. Just let me be able to play Ico and SotC on my PS3 for 20 and I'll be delighted. Throw in some concept art etc. galleries on the disc too, please.

QFT. Maybe give us a shiny HD or original graphics option?
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 16:40:57
    Luckily, it's a japanese developed game, where textures > all, it'll be fine, looks fine on my PC at higher resolutions.
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 16:50:39
    SOTC rendered at 2560 x 1792 with a framerate
  • Ged42 26 May 2010 16:51:14 7,641 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    /runs in excited!! :D

Fuck sake, just more rumours >:(
  • Obiwanshinobi 26 May 2010 17:58:02 866 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    I don't see why everyone thinks this'll be such a good idea if they go the God of War route.

ICO in HD wouldn't look that great if they simply add 2xAA, run it at 720p* and keep it at 60fps (that's all they did to GOW).

They'd need to re-draw all the artwork for it to look nice, as it was so early in the PS2's lifecycle that it looked like a PS1 game (in fact, it was originally developed for the PS1 before being switched to the PS2).
    Apart from the resolution (non-interlaced lo-res; 240p or so) and CERTAIN textures, it really didn't. The lighting (first ever 3D game doing soft light on such scale), and the character models are in entirely different league.
    With that said, they need to redo the texturing in higher resolutions. Filtering only get you this far. Still, I don't think they will perfectly nail the charm of the original Ico CRT-ness.
    "Redraw all the artwork?" What's wrong with the artwork (textures excluded)? It doesn't even need higher polygon count (Yorda is one of the cutest polygonal ladies in my book, whereas GoW models look quite creepy). The animations (walking, running and famous one-frame-turn) could use some improvements, but this might push things too far away from the original. Moreover, adding bump/normal maps, slimy skin, fancier lighting and shadows would most likely just make it look inconsistent. There should be the original mode (US, PAL and Japanese alike) included too.

cianchristopher wrote:
    God of War didn't need to be changed too much as it was already a massive technological leap over every single PS2 game that came before it. That much is widely known.
    No, it isn't. Jak II is more technologically impressive a game if you ask me. God of War (much like, say, MGS2) is one of games looking good because the camera steers away from the nastiness. If you could control the camera, the graphics wouldn't look so sweet all the time.

cianchristopher wrote:
    *and, given that it wasn't made in a widescreen resolution (2001 release) then 720p would require a pretty big overhaul.
    Resolution isn't a problem (vector graphics and all that). Including proper 16:9 mode shouldn't be a problem too for the studio employed (owned) by Sony, even if they are not masters of coding. Low profile late Saga Ages 2500 release Cyber Troopers Virtual-On did that much with no sweat.
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 18:29:42
    Or just watch the video I linked up.
  • Obiwanshinobi 26 May 2010 18:38:43 866 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How SotC looks rendered in high resolutions (without graphical glitches to boot) has been known since Sony released promo screenshots (which certainly weren't rendered by the PS2). Unsurprisingly, it just looks like a plain PC port of a PS2 game: MGS2, Silent Hill 2/3/4... Nihil novi sub sole.
  • jerrymanu 26 May 2010 18:59:48 3,119 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If it happens then it'll sell. That's all Sony need to know. Tech wise, it's doable. One of very few day 1's for me if it ever comes off. ^_______^
  • morriss 26 May 2010 19:00:52 70,749 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ^______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________^
  • jerrymanu 26 May 2010 19:01:54 3,119 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    morriss broke the internetz...
  • Deleted user 26 May 2010 19:33:50
    The only thing I want for this is for it not to have an ugly ass cover like GoW Collection's.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last