ICO & SotC Collection Page 35

• Page

of 35 First / Last

Next
  • greg_wha 25 Jan 2014 19:20:55 191 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Bremenacht The key is knowing when NOT to hold on. It's vital to judge when it's safe to let go of R1 and just kind of stumble about and balance with the left stick so you grip meter can replenish.

It might be an excuse, but Argo is supposed to be an absolute bastard to control. You're right about the camera though.

Edited by greg_wha at 19:23:43 25-01-2014
  • DisappointedDunceky 25 Jan 2014 19:28:27 154 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Finish the game under 2 hours of course ;)
    Pretty goddamn irrational !

Edited by DisappointedDunceky at 19:33:31 25-01-2014
  • karlo87 25 Jan 2014 20:30:24 1,260 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Only trophies I'm missing to Plat both games are SotC's Hard Time trials & ICO's 2h speedrun.
    Yeah, those are the two that left me knowing I wouldn't platinum these two.
    Shame as they're two of my favorite games from the PS2 days.

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Iím wankered on Rohypnol.

• Bremenacht 26 Jan 2014 13:52:16 17,613 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    greg_wha wrote:
    @Bremenacht The key is knowing when NOT to hold on. It's vital to judge when it's safe to let go of R1 and just kind of stumble about and balance with the left stick so you grip meter can replenish.

It might be an excuse, but Argo is supposed to be an absolute bastard to control. You're right about the camera though.
    Grip meter!? Ah bugger - I'd somehow missed that. Ta for the tip.

Sadly (re)addicted to XCOM at the moment, but Collosus #3 awaits when I turn the PS3 on again.
  • karlo87 26 Jan 2014 14:51:26 1,260 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Playing through Ico again now, such a beautiful game.
    Am I the only one who thinks it would have been better without any enemies though? Those parts just suck the fun out of my exploration of this magical world.

• Flying_Pig 26 Jan 2014 15:15:53 10,686 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    karlo87 wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks it would have been better without any enemies though? Those parts just suck the fun out of my exploration of this magical world.
    Certainly early on. They become less of a threat as you progress.
  • philreeduk 26 Jan 2014 19:11:44 280 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @karlo87 I think the enemies are without a shadow of a doubt the weakest part of the game. I just want to explore not have to keep whacking ghost people with my 2x4! ;)
  • karlo87 26 Jan 2014 19:40:32 1,260 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @philreeduk I think it'd be good to have like 2-3 encounters, kind of like boss battles. But the frequency just ruins the magical atmosphere.

• lavalant 26 Jan 2014 21:03:09 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    karlo87 wrote:
    Agreed, I would have preferred to have kept Yorda safe from the elements or guide her safely through the levels without filler enemies, maybe the odd intelligent boss type enemy now and again to keep things varied, like one that chased you through a section of the level or something
  • mrpon 26 Jan 2014 21:40:27 28,437 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't mind the monsters, it added a sense of urgency. Plus dragging Yorda out of those black pits by her fingertips was satisfying.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• karlo87 27 Jan 2014 00:29:41 1,260 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess it does add urgency, but for me personally it just stunted experience I was having, would have rather just wondered through the environments and protect Yorda like lavalant said.
    Of course the odd encounter would be good, I thought the end boss was well done. Also I guess enemies aren't that bad when you have the lightsaber haha.

Seeing people on tumblr going on about how Team Ico games are sexist, and it's like, really? I don't get it, if you call out these two you have to call out literally every other game with a male lead, why isn't nathan drake a woman?! Someone said it's because the creator said he didn't want upskirt shots.. well yeah, if you were staring up Yorda's skirt all the time I'm sure the game would have got a bad rep.

• Bremenacht 27 Jan 2014 01:10:59 17,613 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought the monsters were good. You couldn't do the gamer thing of just wandering around wherever you wanted, with the girl being just an object to move from A to B - you had to stay fairly close by to protect her. She was something of value. They added a tension that wouldn't otherwise have been there.

I also liked the way they sought to drag her down to wherever they came from - hell or whatever. It added to the otherworldliness of unfolding story.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last

Next